10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Fix your cable management! No excuse in a 650D! Plenty of space to tuck em away!

Nice build
    Aw don't be mean, it's alright he's got most of the stuff tucked away :P
    Cable management is more of a preference thing after you've made sure that nothing is severely blocking airflow.

@Saehon if you bought your fans individually you should've used an AF120 on your rear exhaust, SP120's are aimed at radiators and AF at case airflow

But otherwise your fan setup looks freakishly like mine, blue rings and all!

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Did you try using the white rings? I think they'd look better in your rig. However, if you sleeved your cables you may find red more preferable for both sleeve and rings. :P
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-09-03 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the AF fans much better as case fans than the SP series? What is the real difference, just noise level and air flow or is there some other factor in why AF are better for case fans?

LinusTechTips found that they were pretty even as case fans, but the SP fans were hugely better at meeting static pressure demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Aw don't be mean, it's alright he's got most of the stuff tucked away :P
    Cable management is more of a preference thing after you've made sure that nothing is severely blocking airflow.

@Saehon if you bought your fans individually you should've used an AF120 on your rear exhaust, SP120's are aimed at radiators and AF at case airflow

But otherwise your fan setup looks freakishly like mine, blue rings and all!
    about the Cable management, i didnt put my rig together my self, had a friend to do it for me, never done it my self, so i was cheerleader on the side :-D
    i did mention the cable for him, but he could'nt do it better :-(

i bought the SP120 as Twin package, i did a mistake, buying a AF140, which dont fit in the 650D case

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Did you try using the white rings? I think they'd look better in your rig. However, if you sleeved your cables you may find red more preferable for both sleeve and rings. :P
    Hmm white rings.

Ok.

Not bad, I'll stick with 'em.

As for cable sleeving, not until waaaaaay later when I switch to water (and waaay later as in GTX780).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    LinusTechTips found that they were pretty even as case fans, but the SP fans were hugely better at meeting static pressure demands.
    thats the reason i bought them, i've also heard about them, from LinusTechTips :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Etc
    Looks good.
    What powersupply you got again?

EDIT: Ah, the Seasonic X-760.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-09-03 at 10:05 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seasonic PSU's are awesome. No complaints about my X-650, I hope it can handle my upgrades soon though

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Did a bit of rewiring to better accommodate the new Xonar I got a few weeks ago. Got a custom cable made to feed power to the Xonar, then continue on 2 feet to feed power to the DVD drive.

SNIP
    What case is that again? o.0

Deleted
    Don't think I ever posted these in this thread:

Full album available here: http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/9459-ft02-blackred

Edit;
    Having a good home-office really does winders for productivity I find. The two extra monitors have allowed me to broaden my workspace substantially and easier navigate through several windows, applications and programs. I'm surprised how well I adopted working with a 1440p monitor alongside two 1080p; I thought the lower resolution would bother me.

Now I just need to setup a proper home-server...
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-09-04 at 11:13 PM.

Define XL from Fractal Design.

EDIT: In response to AceGoodheart.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Define XL from Fractal Design.

EDIT: In response to AceGoodheart.
    domo kind sir

Last edited by Steeda_; 2012-09-05 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Read the opening post, people.
    Fractal Design Define XL | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | Thermaltake Frio | 8GB Corsair Vengeance PC12800 | 2 x EVGA GTX670 FTW | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | 2 x Samsung 830 128GB in RAID 0 | 300GB WD Velociraptor | NZXT mesh sleeved cables & extensions

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That looks really, VERY clean and awesome, Steeda_!!

Now get some more platter disks in there, you lack HDD space. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Or put them on the bottom and take the extra bay out.
    red panda red panda red panda!

After days of problems I finally have my new setup up and running!

Geforce 560 GTX
    I5-2500k @ 3.3 GHz
    Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3
    Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
    My old 1TB HDD from Hitachi

Everything is new except for the graphic card and HDD, can't wait to test this beast out on some games! Not sure if I will OC the CPU.. Now experience with that at all.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

I didn't think about putting them at the bottom until after I was finished routing cables & saw all those empty bays lol. It's on my to-do list, just not a priority I guess.
    Fractal Design Define XL | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | Thermaltake Frio | 8GB Corsair Vengeance PC12800 | 2 x EVGA GTX670 FTW | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | 2 x Samsung 830 128GB in RAID 0 | 300GB WD Velociraptor | NZXT mesh sleeved cables & extensions

Deleted
    Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-3820
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1600Mhz (blue)
    MoBo: Gigabyte X79 UD3
    GPU: GIgabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3 OC
    Cooling: Scythe Katana
    Case: Fractal R3 Silver
    HDD1: Samsung 830 128GB SSD
    HDD2: 2TB Caviar Green
    PSU: Super Flower Golden Green 600W

Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2
    Mousepad: QPAD HeatoN XL
    Mouse: Steelseries Sensei
    Screen: Fujitsu 27"
    Headphones: Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro & Grado SR60i

New stuff popped in today... I hoped I would get to build in my incoming Switch 810, but that got derailed off to a different delivery company, so here's some pictures of the res/pump combo, etc.