My new build I just completed just last week. Very proud, best computer I've ever owned

Last edited by Seiz; 2012-09-16 at 04:58 AM.
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking at getting two XFX Double D 7870's this coming week, would a SeaSonic X-650 watt PSU be enough to run them at full load?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Any advantage of powder-coating it? Or did you just not like white and preferred a more grey-ish scheme?
    Thought 650D came as black o.o *looks at case below the desk*. Yep, black. Interior is supposed to be black as well so I guess there's been a lot of coating done

Unless there's some sort of white edition though 5 seconds of google couldn't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Very, very nice.

Any advantage of powder-coating it? Or did you just not like white and preferred a more grey-ish scheme?

Also, specs?

Also, are those CM Sickleflows on your radiators o_O
    I just wanted a more unique look that matched my theme. Its great and looks alot better in person then in camera(the paint). I prefer powdercoating then regular painting it with cans, it is much higher quality.

Specs:
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz (40c max load)
    7950 w/ EK block 1000mhz overclock(38c max load)
    Asus p8Z77 pro board
    silverstone strider 600w
    XSPC RX240 and EX240 rad
    Gelid wing fans
    XSPC w/ D5 res combo
    MDPC sleeving
    Crucial m4 64gb, 1tb WD black and 500gb WD blue

The fans are gelid wing blue UV

Im happy with the temps, but this build took me so long to build(due to buying parts over time instead of just all at once, that im already thinnking about my next build I want a TJ11. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    No, I had a shop powdercoat it for me. It's a decent watercooling case, definately not the best especially for the price. There are easier cases to water cool for lower cost(810 switch). But it's pretty good if you plan to mod it and add room for a rad up front or simply buy a 200m phobya radiator. My temps are really good (35c max load on my OC'd 7950).
    Just want to say...I dig the avatar! RIP Guru =(

And some of you have some CRAZY computers! I wish I knew enough about building a PC to do something like this...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am looking at getting two XFX Double D 7870's this coming week, would a SeaSonic X-650 watt PSU be enough to run them at full load?
    I believe it should be. http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-ra...-7870-review/7

They suggest a 700 watt PSU, a 650 SeaSonic gold X series should be fine doing it. But frankly, the way I see it, they kinda pushed the watts up, I mean you see in the picture, the card was pulling like 115 watts, then to say you need 700 watts for two is just silly.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/548

Seems at load the whole system with one 7870 was only 310~ watts. Frankly, I bet you could even power the GHz edition with a 650 watt.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I believe it should be. http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-ra...-7870-review/7

They suggest a 700 watt PSU, a 650 SeaSonic gold X series should be fine doing it. But frankly, the way I see it, they kinda pushed the watts up, I mean you see in the picture, the card was pulling like 115 watts, then to say you need 700 watts for two is just silly.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/548

Seems at load the whole system with one 7870 was only 310~ watts. Frankly, I bet you could even power the GHz edition with a 650 watt.
    Yeah, I was reading the Guru3d review and it looks like maximum power draw on a 100% full load is 274 watts, so even in Crossfire that would be 548 watts at full load. Odds are I will just run the one card until I get a better PSU, but the deal on the XFX Double D 7870's right now is too good to pass up for a Crossfire solution since XFX is offering $20 rebates until the end of the month which knocks the price down to 215 CAD each.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, I was reading the Guru3d review and it looks like maximum power draw on a 100% full load is 274 watts, so even in Crossfire that would be 548 watts at full load. Odds are I will just run the one card until I get a better PSU, but the deal on the XFX Double D 7870's right now is too good to pass up for a Crossfire solution since XFX is offering $20 rebates until the end of the month which knocks the price down to 215 CAD each.
    Pretty sure the 274 watts is full system. By the way I'd REALLY suggest you make a thread for this, this is Post Your Gaming Setup.... not "ask about video cards and other upgrades" lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Thought 650D came as black o.o *looks at case below the desk*. Yep, black. Interior is supposed to be black as well so I guess there's been a lot of coating done

Unless there's some sort of white edition though 5 seconds of google couldn't find one.
    Woops, confused it with 600T. My bad.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I'm still waiting for stuff to arrive from MDPC-X, which includes a bunch of sleeves (family packs plus some colors), tools and... screws. I want the screws that keep the rads mounted to be properly black, rather than keeping the somewhat quirky looking copper screws and nickel-plated washers...

So meanwhile, I'm just snapping pictures of the case and stuff. I remembered just earlier today that the case has those LEDs for the rear IO, and also realized they weren't exactly shielded or hidden from view within the case... In fact, they're pretty much exposed.

Damn nice camera shot drunken. Which case is this 600T? You have been building quite a few systems. I want to start a new build so bad, so many ideas
    Last edited by aisatsana; 2012-09-15 at 10:40 PM.

This case is the NZXT Switch 810 I received a few days ago. Not sure what I think of it yet though. Pretty solid idea, but some bits and bobs are rather quirky.

Like the first 5.25" slot is a separate 'cage' from the other 5.25" slots...
    And holy crap do the glossy "piano finish" plastic get dirty.
    The case appears to be quite... frail.

I may do a couple bits of modding to the case, but it seems to require fairly little for it. Maybe it would be useful to consider adding a few support beams of thicker steel, cut the plate separating the 5.25" slots in one spot, and I'm inclined to have the plastic bits that gather dust like mad painted with a coating that is less dust-attracting.

Most of this can be done independently of the contents of the case, so they shouldn't hinder me building the computer as soon as I get my MDPC stuff. :E

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    This case is the NZXT Switch 810 I received a few days ago. Not sure what I think of it yet though. Pretty solid idea, but some bits and bobs are rather quirky.
    Inb4 buying another case...

I'm sorry, protput, but...
    Your argument is now invalid.

Limited Edition murderbox MKII Case: $1200 USD

WAT

Looks badass tho!

What's worst is that 1200 USD is probably only a marginal profit, lol. Considering the TJ07 already costs a fair bit, and studying the pictures will tell you these guys spent a ludicrous amount of manhours and probably a small fortune on the materials required for making all the mods possible. '-'

And then they're promptly gonna repeat that for another 499 cases, lol.

While it is a pretty case, it's definitely not $1200 pretty. I'd rather buy a Caselabs and go for some really nice watercooling. Talking Dual loops with 4+ rads.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

It's a perfect case in my opinion. It looks incredible. But to be honest instead of paying 1200$ for someone elses work id rather buy a TJ11 and make something on my own even though it wouldnt look nearly as good.

And let's not get caught up in the escapades.

And bear in mind that posting "in b4" is against the rules.

Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-09-16 at 04:27 AM.

A Corsair H100 CPU cooler and a red LED light cable thingy ordered This should arrive soonish. Within 1 or two weeks i think. One or both of the items were out of stock (i got my mom to order for me :P)
    The H100 will replace my Havik 140 Cooler.
    Will post pictures when things are installed.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ