Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Not so sure...
    From that review:
    The cooler is actually manufactured by Asetek, which also builds solutions for AMD, Antec, and Corsair.
    and from an Antec Kuhler H20 review:
    The Kuhler H20 is actually manufactured by Asetek, which also makes water coolers for Corsair (such as the H70)[...]
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...er-Review/1233

So in essence, it would appear that I was right
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2012-09-18 at 02:12 PM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

As stated above, the OEM is Asetek, who has made coolers for Antec primarily the last couple of years (also Intel and AMD, along with a few others). They also made the older H-series for Corsair. The H60, H80 and H100 from Corsair are made by CoolIT (a company where Corsair owns a fair amount of shares).

Asetek recently opened up a lawsuit against CoolIT where they claimed CoolIT was wrongfully using one of their patents, namely the one where the reservoir and pump is included in the CPU cooling block.

Does Asetek also have a patent on toast? -.-
    /thinks the patent sounds stupid

Still waiting on stuff. Durr, this is getting boring to wait for.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Does Asetek also have a patent on toast? -.-
    /thinks the patent sounds stupid
    apple patents shapes

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    apple patents shapes
    Which doesn't exactly make me change my mind about either.

Got two 120mm fangrills I'll be using to protect the rads from the pump sitting on top. Just in case. They're apparently acrylic, and so have a very sharp mirror finish. For better or worse I don't know yet.

Drunken, you need to make a thread on how to use a camera, your pics are always amazing

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

I don't need a thread. It's really simple: I take metric tons of pictures. I've got like 30 other pictures that I chose to keep, but didn't consider good enough to actually use. That doesn't even include the tons of pictures to nail down the white-balance and approximating shutter speed...

Basically, I just keep trying till I get lucky with the lottery. >.>

Drunken, you need to make a thread on how to use a camera, your pics are always amazing
    i agree on this! Amazing teaser photos...
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

+1

Professional grade stuff right there.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Well...no, because while what's in focus is really sharp, everything even slightly out of the "ring" of focus is horribly, horribly blurry.

I know jack-all about how camera lenses work, do they usually do that when it comes to close-up shots?

This "horribly blurry" effect is by design, and it's caused by the camera lens' aperture, which manipulates the depth of field. Every camera has this, but for example phone-cameras often don't let you manipulate the aperture in any way.

The purpose of this effect is to point to or highlight what you want to illustrate with the picture.

We could spend pages about it and not really get anywhere noteworthy. Suffice to say, I'm by no means a professional. I know what I'm doing by all means, but I absolutely cannot compare to for example the rigs and photos on million-dollar-pc.com
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-09-18 at 08:59 PM.

Drunken, are you still using an iPhone for the pictures? lol

For a long time now I've used a Galaxy SII. Last week or so I got a new charger and battery for my Nikon D40 though, and it turned out the old battery was working too!

Oh nice! L2 post full size pictures (embed the link in the description) so we can see every grain. :P

Lolno. That takes way too long to upload and is generally completely pointless.

I upload full size pictures all the time and it doesn't take that long. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I upload full size pictures all the time and it doesn't take that long. -.-
    Indeed, unless Drunken has some future camera from space taking 50MB pics i don't see the problem.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

So I posted a while back that I was getting my external cable management tidied up a bit and I was going to order a Arc Midi along with an H100. Now I finally got it all, I got it done and I managed to take some really bad pictures. I don't know why but I just can't get good shots of computers.. The cables management was a bitch since my PSU has a TON of cables that I never use. But I did my best.

While the cables look messy it's as much as I can do when I move my pc around as much as I do, unlike what it seems everything is straped with cable straps.

So tomorrow I will be doing 4Ghz I guess, see if I can stand the noise.. Right now my GPU is being the loudest thing in my rig and I am wondering if I dare to turn down the fan speed, it's running around 80C at load overclocked. Also I managed to cut 3 of my fingers on the h100, woops! I was just curious as to why it was blasting 100% when I booted my computer, any of you guys know if that is on purpose or?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Mechagnome
    That PSU looks dodgy :P
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    So I posted a while back that I was getting my external cable management tidied up a bit and I was going to order a Arc Midi along with an H100. Now I finally got it all, I got it done and I managed to take some really bad pictures. I don't know why but I just can't get good shots of computers.. The cables management was a bitch since my PSU has a TON of cables that I never use. But I did my best.
    <snip the many pictures>

So tomorrow I will be doing 4Ghz I guess, see if I can stand the noise.. Right now my GPU is being the loudest thing in my rig and I am wondering if I dare to turn down the fan speed, it's running around 80C at load overclocked. Also I managed to cut 3 of my fingers on the h100, woops! I was just curious as to why it was blasting 100% when I booted my computer, any of you guys know if that is on purpose or?
    LOOKS REALLY CLEAN!!!

What table is that?
    Also, what Protput said. That PSU scares me. =S