The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Just got this today. Pics here: http://imgur.com/OoH0Y,T459R,u2Utk#0
    oh damn, another 690 owner added to the club!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup

Was thinking about taking the heat-sink off (if it is possible) and applying some Prolimatech PK-3 thermal paste to it. Should I even bother...?
    You certainly could and also clean the fins and fans.

Only warning I have though is... GPU heatsinks are a BITCH to put back on, in comparison to a lot of other internal computer hardware work. So be prepared with time and patience on your side.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    That thing is huge... case mods sold separately?

10+ Year Old Account
    It fits fine in the HAF 912. If you had the extra hard drive bay installed you have to remove it. Attached is a handle so you don't have to touch the PCB at all. It is a 1k dollar card :P
    I think you need a new chassis to go with that beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup

Was thinking about taking the heat-sink off (if it is possible) and applying some Prolimatech PK-3 thermal paste to it. Should I even bother...?
    no, mine sit at 30c idle, and maybe get up to 75-80c full load

Quote Originally Posted by Frelaziram View Post
    Hi! Long time reader, figured I might throw my stuff up here

Specs
    CPU: I7 3770K
    CPU Cooler: Yes it is the stock atm, but getting a H100 soon.
    Mobo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3
    RAM: Gskill 8GB 1600Mhz
    GPU: Gainward Phantom GTX680 4GB in SLI
    SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB
    PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000w
    Fans: Bitfenix Spectre Pros x 10
    Case: Corsair 800D with window mod to stop my cards getting too hot and making noise
    Speakers: Audioengine 5+ with DAC
    Monitors: 3x Asus 27" (6000x1080 Surround)
    Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow / Razer Mamba / Razer Megalodon

Sorry for the non linked links.. I don't have privileges.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/img0912ap.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/img0911p.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/img0909nz.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/img0908wv.jpg

Thanks!

Hey!

I've just about got all my stuff done now I think (but when are computers ever really done :P)

I've added:
    - Corsair H100 cooler
    - Lamptron FC Touch
    - Bitfenix Alchemy sleeved cables
    - Switched out the red G-skillz RAM and put it into my wife's PC and added 4x4GB 1866MHZ Corsair Vengeance RAM black

Here is a new link which has all the images: http://imgur.com/a/XaMT9
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-09-20 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Fixed links

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey!

I've just about got all my stuff done now I think (but when are computers ever really done :P)

I've added:
    - Corsair H100 cooler
    - Lamptron FC Touch
    - Switched out the red G-skillz RAM and put it into my wife's PC and added 4x4GB 1866MHZ Corsair Vengeance RAM black

Fixed the link for ya. Up your post count! ;p Looks great! I love your giant desk..... I envy all giant desk owners...
    "A flower.

Hey!

I've added:
    - Corsair H100 cooler
    - Lamptron FC Touch

Here is a new link which has all the images: http : //imgur.com/a/XaMT9
    Pretty nice setup you got there. Is that a Galant Desk from Ikea, by the way?
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Pretty nice setup you got there. Is that a Galant Desk from Ikea, by the way?
    You bet! Its nice and massive I have a slightly smaller one as well which my wife's PC is on.

You bet! Its nice and massive I have a slightly smaller one as well which my wife's PC is on.
    Very nice setup Oo

Awesome! I just came back from Ikea. They had the wooden brown version and the glass version only available, so I went with the wooden one. The moment I saw it on your picture I was amazed by the height and space it had, so I immediately went there to check it out. Also picked up a chair called Markus and the assembling was easy for both. Happy day!
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Hey!

I've added:
    - Corsair H100 cooler
    - Lamptron FC Touch

Looks so much better with the additions! I got a question though. Is that fan controller good? I mean, does it live up to your expectations of it and how is functionality of it? I'm considering buying one, but can't really make my mind up :P
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

I got a second mouse recently, mostly intended for my laptop. I decided to make use of it for a lil' bit. See how it goes.

Click here or image for full size...
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-09-20 at 06:17 PM. Reason: The post I was responding to has been removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm seeing here...
    Try checking his imgur album, ya big buffoon.
    "A flower.

Deleted copy-paste spam, and someone didn't edit out that comment to now make it look out of context. I'd rather just you'd leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakatoss View Post
    Looks so much better with the additions! I got a question though. Is that fan controller good? I mean, does it live up to your expectations of it and how is functionality of it? I'm considering buying one, but can't really make my mind up :P
    Yeah the fan controller is amazeballs! but it's around $60-$70 I think, I was lucky I got it as a bday present

Pros:
    - 30w per channel which makes have multiple fans on a single channel functional - I have the push/pull on the H100 split over 2 channels cause Bitfenix fans dont seem to like the built in Corsair controller on the H100 itself. Plus my 2 side fans share a channel.
    - It looks neat cause it doesn't have dials
    - You can turn the display off if you want
    - Plus all the other pros that they usually mention on the box - Auto control, Individual temp monitors for each fan, sleeved cables etc

Cons
    - The fan speed % slider is very touchy so its sometimes hard to get the exact speed you want, but its certainly not a deal breaker
    - The cost

I know Bitfenix has a touch screen FC as well, but the thing that turned me off buying that, was that it was only 10w per channel and didn't sound too good at supporting multiple fans per channel. It is much cheaper tho, I think around $30

Wow, thanks alot for that descriptive answer, Frelaziram! I really appreciate it
    It sounds like a really great fan controller! I'm definitely considering buying it even more now! Just still gotta decide whether or not it actually is necessary for my build. To be honest I don't think the price is that expensive. I mean, taking into account, it has a lot to offer and comes with a lot of functions and rather neat look and interface judging from the review i have watched.

Thanks again!
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

15+ Year Old Account
    Edited out, feel free to remove the comment entirely.
    Last edited by kailtas; 2012-09-20 at 11:26 PM.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING THREAD-SPECIFIC RULES BEFORE POSTING:
    • This thread is not intended as a "fast question - fast answer" thread; if you want to know what kind of computer + peripherals you can get with a given budget, ask in the "Computer Build / Upgrade Help" sub-forum. Creating a new thread there is greatly encouraged.
    Please pay attention to the guidelines at the top of the opening post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakatoss View Post
    Wow, thanks alot for that descriptive answer, Frelaziram! I really appreciate it
    It sounds like a really great fan controller! I'm definitely considering buying it even more now! Just still gotta decide whether or not it actually is necessary for my build. To be honest I don't think the price is that expensive. I mean, taking into account, it has a lot to offer and comes with a lot of functions and rather neat look and interface judging from the review i have watched.

Thanks again!
    Sorry I also forgot to mention that the faceplate is slightly recessed and doesnt sit flush with the rest of the front of the case. This annoyed me at first, but it has now grown on me and I like it.