Please stop random unconstructive spam about peoples posting styles. There's a chat thread for that. Commenting on the builds is fine, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    @sizz, it's hard to see what is going on in those tiny pictures :<
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-10-05 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Please keep discussion about moderation out of this thread. Pm a moderator or Sunshine if you have issues with moderation.

10+ Year Old Account

I sent ahead & upscaled his picture, for people who're not able to see it properly at a 70x70 resolution.

New laptop cooler arrived for my P150-EM.

Last edited by inux94; 2012-10-06 at 12:09 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilicity View Post
    PC gaming on a TV that close?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think 1080p gaming works on anything bigger than 27" tbh. The picture quality on such a big schreen is just not up to my standards.

Regardless, that is still a nice computer.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 11:04 PM ----------

Dads computer screaming "System failure, VGA card" > Check bios > Some weird onboard gfx mode from the 90's enabled.

Can't recall the amount of times i told him to just get a new system.. doesn't even cost 350 euros..

Wtf :/

10+ Year Old Account
    should have spent less on the TV, and more on the peripherals, it's like buying a chrysler sebring because girls like convertables

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    should have spent less on the TV, and more on the peripherals, it's like buying a chrysler sebring because girls like convertables
    This is a valid point. Anything above mid 20s sized monitors causes big pixel stretching when dealing with games. TV resolution is handled differently than gaming. I say TV meaning HD cable, etc. They use fillers in between pixels to blend the image. Gaming doesn't do that because it's not made for Large Panel Displays.

You also need to be further from a TV so you don't have a skewed field of view (I've worked 12 hours, forgive my lack of technical terms).

Also, I would have changed several things in the build, but that's me.

And unless it's changed, most TVs still don't have a square pixel. What is it again, 1.6 factor on the width compared to height?

That said, that's a weird artifact on my picture here... See the rainbow effect on the waterblock. o_o

Deleted
    Loving the looks of that Dominator ram in there Drunken.

I quite like it as well.

While I was browsing Adobe Bridge for that picture (formatting my camera's SD card resets the picture counter, durp), I found it next to the pictures of the Define R3 build I had for a while... (Note: The powersupply was a temporary one when the Corsair TX650 v2 was RMA'd, then I promptly ran out of money due bank bullshit.)

Deleted
    bah the more asus mobos i see the more i regret buying my gigabyte one :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    bah the more asus mobos i see the more i regret buying my gigabyte one :S
    How so? Tbh i think i the gigabyte ones among my budget range would actually have done better than the P8Z77-V LK i have now :/

It runs fine, but i think the overclocking capabilities of the gigabyte ones might actually be a little better.

Naturally, the high end mobo's like that republic one are a different story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    How so? Tbh i think i the gigabyte ones among my budget range would actually have done better than the P8Z77-V LK i have now :/

It runs fine, but i think the overclocking capabilities of the gigabyte ones might actually be a little better.

Naturally, the high end mobo's like that republic one are a different story.
    well mine doesn't seem to like working above 4,2 clocks :S
    aah well something to consider in 5 years time orso :P (not like my current rig won't last xD)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, mine really doesn't want to do 4,5. I'm doing 4.4 @ 1.32Vcore atm and i have not been able to get a stable 4.5 before 1.4Vcore.
    At which point i was just like... fuck this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    A northQ PSU, I remember having two of those for my old C2D & GTS 8800 computers. ^^
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account

Hey I made a new vid some people didn't like the first one.

It answers an awful lot of questions I don't think anyone asked, but it's an awful lot more civil than the YouTube side was earlier, and that's much appreciated.

But here's where I scratch my head: 100 bucks is nothing for the CPU, but for the PSU 20 bucks does matter? You say it's gold rated, but the models I've seen from Raidmax aren't, could you provide a link for the particular model? That's just me wondering. It's not a bad build, although I really disagree with the choice of some components.

Note: I am in fact not Deltrus, just so you know.

10+ Year Old Account

Hey I made a new vid some people didn't like the first one.
    Not picking on you man, but a 55" TV on 1080p you can definitely spot some pixels

If i look really closely at my 23" 1080p i can already see pixels ;X

You like big, fine. Most people like the higher resolution for the image quality, including myself.

Deleted
    I don't see anything majorly wrong with the build either. It's definitely a nice setup, although I would personally have made some changes. I for once can't understand why someone would prefer to have a 55" 1080p TV as their main monitor at that distance. I would understand it if you wanted to combine TV and computer and was sitting in a couch around 3-4 meters at least away, but this close? It's a 40PPI TV with a pixel pitch of over 0.63mm. Compare that to your average 21.5" 1080p monitor where the PPI is a much higher 102.

I also can't understand the PSU choice, especially with a single 7970. My whole system, mind that's with a ~100W U2711 and two extra ~40W monitors - along with peripherals, uses around 312W right now. And the $20 saved is a fair point I guess, but my recommendation is that the PSU is the last component you want to cheap out on.

But, and I find this to be the most important point, the build works for you and that's what matters.