Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Etc
    While to some extent true, most brands have the branding flipped upside down on the side you don't see. This specifically because regardless of the orientation, the powersupply will then have the branding the correct way when you look into the computer from the left side.

But the Antec PSU earlier clearly doesn't.

It's with PSU companies not goddamn realizing that tons of cases today have a nice dedicated bottom intake for the PSU, of course people will face their PSU "upside down" to make use of that nice dust-filtered intake :S

I mean look at this, what the hell do you call this:

Who in their right mind would have their PSU intake facing the inside of the case, especially a 1200i? ARGH
    Hah, you so silly, Xuvial.

All Corsair PSUs have labels on both sides, except the one not visible in that picture will be up the other way. So, when you flip it over, the now-visible label is oriented correctly.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys sure -_-

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Really makes no difference which way it's facing, face it whichever way you think looks the best.

Are you guys sure -_-

Those are just marketing pictures. This is an unboxed one:

Last edited by FlawlessSoul; 2012-11-11 at 02:26 AM.

Corsair is really getting worse with their PSUs. Okay, they're not bad, but they're continuously moving further from perfect.

And even if the sticker is upside-down, it's still better than mounting the PSU upside-down. The funny thing is, though, that even cases with a top-mounted PSU would likely have the sticker upside-down since most of those are fan-down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Corsair is really getting worse with their PSUs. Okay, they're not bad, but they're continuously moving further from perfect.
    I don't see why you're throwing this out there, especially with literally no reasoning to it whatsoever. If it's that the sticker is wrong side up on one side... well, that's not what happens. I'm pretty sure all of Corsair powersupplies have this.

A weakness that does exist for the Corsair powersupplies is the sleeving side. Not the stock job, I mean if you want to sleeve the powersupply yourself. The wires often go from one pin to two pins, or two pins or even three pins to one pin. The pins themselves are quite rubbish too and are really uncooperative.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I don't see why you're throwing this out there, especially with literally no reasoning to it whatsoever. If it's that the sticker is wrong side up on one side... well, that's not what happens. I'm pretty sure all of Corsair powersupplies have this.

A weakness that does exist for the Corsair powersupplies is the sleeving side. Not the stock job, I mean if you want to sleeve the powersupply yourself. The wires often go from one pin to two pins, or two pins or even three pins to one pin. The pins themselves are quite rubbish too and are really uncooperative.
    I'd say he was more referring to the fact that corsair products in general are going down the tubes, more and more stuff seems tailored to sell because it is cheap rather than being good. Don't get me wrong i love corsair but I too have noticed the downward spiral.

No, the actual integrals of it. They make some really strange decisions. They will likely never go back to making outright bad PSUs, but they've really lost their edge. Single Rail is disappointing as well.

Can you guys at least back up what you're saying with something more descriptive and solid than flailing your arms in the air? :|

No, the actual integrals of it. They make some really strange decisions. They will likely never go back to making outright bad PSUs, but they've really lost their edge. Single Rail is disappointing as well.
    The strange decisions are not strange if you look at it from a business standpoint, eventually every company does it for how long is the question? It was proven however single rail is better than multiples, for power distribution but on the other hand it does have an effect on lifespan or "durability" ill dig the article up but single rail would likely be my choice @ 1200w

10+ Year Old Account

This is my office-at-home/gaming setup - the PC on the right on the 21.5" is what I usually use for testing things or for facebook updates while on the main screen (two cables). I use the netbook for general quotes when on the run. I have a galaxy note II for checking mail and a Samsung 10.1" for typing / watching movies / doing remote support on the run.
    My gaming PC is nothing over the top as I tend to keep it mid-level, so I can sell it as "demo" every six months and upgrade.
    We sell 400~600 PC's per year - to corporates. This rig plays pretty much everything at ultra and the works reliably.
    Currently, it's a newish non-overclocked i5 (it was put in about two months ago, so I don't remember what speed),
    Intel Mainboard (I only use genuine Intel M/B), Gigabyte 660ti 2Gb OC, 16Gb RAM
    2 x 128Gb Agility OCZ SSD's, Seagate 500gb sata III. Some parts, I don't upgrade as often as others, some I give to a techie as a gift when I've had my use out of it. I have had bad experiences with AMD and they don't sell well in South Africa, so I don't support their products.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-11-11 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Please don't embed images in excess of 800pixels in width.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    The strange decisions are not strange if you look at it from a business standpoint, eventually every company does it for how long is the question? It was proven however single rail is better than multiples, for power distribution but on the other hand it does have an effect on lifespan or "durability" ill dig the article up but single rail would likely be my choice @ 1200w
    Single rail would not be my choice >450w, especially if you follow ATX12 regulations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Single rail would not be my choice >450w, especially if you follow ATX12 regulations.
    there is no reason to go with a multi rail over a single other than personal pride at taking a few extra minutes to figure out the correct way to lay out the pci-e connectors

it provides no added safety benefit anymore, most modern multi rail units are split from a single rail anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    there is no reason to go with a multi rail over a single other than personal pride at taking a few extra minutes to figure out the correct way to lay out the pci-e connectors

it provides no added safety benefit anymore, most modern multi rail units are split from a single rail anyway
    Most non-crap multi-rail PSUs have that built-in, so that the PCIe lanes are either a separate 12V rail or that they mix several 12v to each PCIe.
    Multi-rail is slightly safer, and while they've gotten better with single-rail, it's mostly marketting hype (but to be fair, these are seen on both sides).
    And Seasonic's PSUs, for example, are different 12V-rails in multi-rails, but can be combined to a single.

Back on topic... I'll have to go over things and clean them when the rig is complete lol.

Oh, I see. Taking flashy pictures instead of replying to PMs, DV?

I would post a picture with my GTX680 in the loop, but right now I've got tubing looped across half the case and it looks silly.

Also, it's now yellow.

10+ Year Old Account

I made the monitor stand out of wood, I need to paint it but I'm lazy, lol I wasn't about to pay 70+ dollars for a damn stand when I can make one for less than 5$

View of computer while sitting at desk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

I spy with my little eye a Raven 02. How's the case treating you mate? The system looks pretty good from where I can see it. :3

Though I'd be a bit wary of those GTX 670s being so neighborly on one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I spy with my little eye a Raven 02. How's the case treating you mate? The system looks pretty good from where I can see it. :3

Though I'd be a bit wary of those GTX 670s being so neighborly on one another.
    It seems to be the textbook-style SLI/Xfire setup where you have a whole bunch of reference cards stuck right up against each other. But while it looks awesome, I've always wondered how those cards BREATHE...especially in tri/quad setups. And I keep seeing them everywhere too! Especially in those super-folding rigs :S

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze