1. #9441
    I got out of the elaborate gaming setups in my younger days. Was a lot of fun though. Now I just use a 15" MacBook Pro to play the few games I still play.

  2. #9442
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    we'll be deciding on a broadwell board by the time you finish :P
    Isn't that a little optimistic of you?

  3. #9443
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Switch 810. System is obviously not finished though, so that is going to take some more time. :P
    Do you have the radiator on the top? Quite nice case, which I'm planning to get it as well.

  4. #9444
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Do you have the radiator on the top? Quite nice case, which I'm planning to get it as well.
    Bottom mounted rad visible right near the front of the case.

  5. #9445
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    snip
    I think you're missing just a couple tubes there :P Just kidding, looks nice so far though. And +1 for the switch 810, have it myself.

  6. #9446
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Do you have the radiator on the top? Quite nice case, which I'm planning to get it as well.
    There's a 360 radiator in the roof, yes.

  7. #9447
    Fluffy Kitten Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,569
    Switch 810 or Corsair 650D that will be what I decided on for my next build or I could just stay with my Bitfenix XL.

  8. #9448
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Switch 810 or Corsair 650D that will be what I decided on for my next build or I could just stay with my Bitfenix XL.
    Depends on what you want to do with the system, if you're going for watercooling the Switch 810 would be the better choice. The 650D is a very solid case tho, 810 is mostly plastic.
    System Specs -
    CPU - i5 2500k @ 5ghz | CPU Cooler - RASA RX240 | Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3| GPU - Nvidia GTX 590|
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB | RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Case - CoolerMaster HAF 922
    | Monitor - Crossover 27Q (2560x1440) | Sidewinder X4 Keyboard |


  9. #9449
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    There's a 360 radiator in the roof, yes.
    Hmm.. If you just mount the radiator below the roof and attach 3 fans under the radiator and in the roof you can mount an additional 3 fans?

  10. #9450
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Hmm.. If you just mount the radiator below the roof and attach 3 fans under the radiator and in the roof you can mount an additional 3 fans?
    I could, yes, but I have no plans of doing so. I'm more than comfortable with just push configs on both sets. I will be mounting 120s in the front as intakes though, partially for the look up front and for the positive air pressure.

  11. #9451
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I could, yes, but I have no plans of doing so. I'm more than comfortable with just push configs on both sets. I will be mounting 120s in the front as intakes though, partially for the look up front and for the positive air pressure.
    Ah okay

    Just one more question. The rubber things on the nzxt 810 for cable management are they from decent quality? My phantom's are flipping easily out and they're hard to put them back in place >.<

  12. #9452
    I just upgraded most of my PC again, specs are in my signature.
    I just hope I don't get buyer regrets, alot of people said just go with the 2011 3930k because 1155 is a dead socket, but I'm hoping the 3770k will do me even after the 2011 socket is no more. I mean I just use this build for gaming and web browsing, will try and post photos soon.
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

  13. #9453
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,620
    CPU is not what's holding back gaming except in rare cases. i7 3770K is likely better for gaming with two graphics cards or less anyway, compared to LGA2011. As resolutions will move toward 4K, GPUs are what will be the struggling parts. We're not quite there yet, though.

  14. #9454
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    I just upgraded most of my PC again, specs are in my signature.
    I just hope I don't get buyer regrets, alot of people said just go with the 2011 3930k because 1155 is a dead socket, but I'm hoping the 3770k will do me even after the 2011 socket is no more. I mean I just use this build for gaming and web browsing, will try and post photos soon.
    Then why did you go with an I7?
    WoW - Windrunner: Snozzberries, Googs, Boryndon, Corndizzle, Kaylin, Georgejetson, Lentis, Knerd, Durlen, Marlevon


  15. #9455
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    CPU is not what's holding back gaming except in rare cases. i7 3770K is likely better for gaming with two graphics cards or less anyway, compared to LGA2011. As resolutions will move toward 4K, GPUs are what will be the struggling parts. We're not quite there yet, though.
    So you think I should see know bottlenecking with this CPU for atleast say 2 years? I know I am going to have to put a better GPU in it sooner than later!
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

  16. #9456
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    So you think I should see know bottlenecking with this CPU for atleast say 2 years? I know I am going to have to put a better GPU in it sooner than later!
    Four or five years unless a sudden spurt happens in game-department, which I doubt before your CPU starts holding you back. Overclock it and it will keep true to that. Will you notice an improvement with future CPUs? Probably. Good enough to invest money in? Doubtful.

    Seven until it really is a bottleneck.

  17. #9457
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Four or five years unless a sudden spurt happens in game-department, which I doubt before your CPU starts holding you back. Overclock it and it will keep true to that. Will you notice an improvement with future CPUs? Probably. Good enough to invest money in? Doubtful.

    Seven until it really is a bottleneck.
    Alright thanks Hey maybe in 2014 or so I'll move to the 2011 platform, or the 1150 when it comes out but I am going to get my best out of this one.
    I feel good now that I went with this though and not the 3930k, I was able to get a top of the line i7 3rd generation and a bigger SSD for my games and OS!
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

  18. #9458
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    Alright thanks Hey maybe in 2014 or so I'll move to the 2011 platform, or the 1150 when it comes out but I am going to get my best out of this one.
    I feel good now that I went with this though and not the 3930k, I was able to get a top of the line i7 3rd generation and a bigger SSD for my games and OS!
    The better card you get, the better cpu you need. Sluggish games like WoW, needs better architecture & clocks, not more cores.

  19. #9459
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Then why did you go with an I7?
    Coming from an i5 2500k why not?
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

  20. #9460
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    Coming from an i5 2500k why not?
    And you're already upgrading?

    Yep the i7 is just going to boost your current fps 3 times more.. Really.. 3930k is futurewise better but t'ill the time a 3770k/2500k bottlenecks, Intel might sell an octacore for 350-400eur :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •