Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    CPU is not what's holding back gaming except in rare cases. i7 3770K is likely better for gaming with two graphics cards or less anyway, compared to LGA2011. As resolutions will move toward 4K, GPUs are what will be the struggling parts. We're not quite there yet, though.
    So you think I should see know bottlenecking with this CPU for atleast say 2 years? I know I am going to have to put a better GPU in it sooner than later!
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    So you think I should see know bottlenecking with this CPU for atleast say 2 years? I know I am going to have to put a better GPU in it sooner than later!
    Four or five years unless a sudden spurt happens in game-department, which I doubt before your CPU starts holding you back. Overclock it and it will keep true to that. Will you notice an improvement with future CPUs? Probably. Good enough to invest money in? Doubtful.

Seven until it really is a bottleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Four or five years unless a sudden spurt happens in game-department, which I doubt before your CPU starts holding you back. Overclock it and it will keep true to that. Will you notice an improvement with future CPUs? Probably. Good enough to invest money in? Doubtful.

Seven until it really is a bottleneck.
    Alright thanks Hey maybe in 2014 or so I'll move to the 2011 platform, or the 1150 when it comes out but I am going to get my best out of this one.
    I feel good now that I went with this though and not the 3930k, I was able to get a top of the line i7 3rd generation and a bigger SSD for my games and OS!
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Alright thanks Hey maybe in 2014 or so I'll move to the 2011 platform, or the 1150 when it comes out but I am going to get my best out of this one.
    I feel good now that I went with this though and not the 3930k, I was able to get a top of the line i7 3rd generation and a bigger SSD for my games and OS!
    The better card you get, the better cpu you need. Sluggish games like WoW, needs better architecture & clocks, not more cores.

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Then why did you go with an I7?
    Coming from an i5 2500k why not?

Coming from an i5 2500k why not?
    And you're already upgrading?

Yep the i7 is just going to boost your current fps 3 times more.. Really.. 3930k is futurewise better but t'ill the time a 3770k/2500k bottlenecks, Intel might sell an octacore for 350-400eur :/

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    And you're already upgrading?

Yep the i7 is just going to boost your current fps 3 times more.. Really.. 3930k is futurewise better but t'ill the time a 3770k/2500k bottlenecks, Intel might sell an octacore for 350-400eur :/
    Well since I'm just gaming though I figure it would be better just to go with the 3770k....I considered the 3930k though...

I wonder if someone here can guess what's going into and what's going out of the rig in this picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I wonder if someone here can guess what's going into and what's going out of the rig in this picture.

black 6pins in to replace default ones for better color matching? (they look used ,from some older tech piece salvaged perhaps?)

Well since I'm just gaming though I figure it would be better just to go with the 3770k....I considered the 3930k though...
    Did you have the 570 SC before as well? Going from a 2500k to a 3770k is an unnecessary choice, and I would consider it a sidegrade. I went from a Gigabyte 570 @975/2300 to a Gigabyte 7950 @ 1100/1400 and the frame increase is vastly superior to what you could have gotten from upgrading your CPU. Additionally, I only spent $50 out of pocket going from my 570 -> 7950, since I sold the gaming bundle for $50 and my old card for $200. I would have definitely recommended a new GPU before a CPU, considering as mention before GPU is the real bottleneck in gaming and not the cpu.

OT: I should consider actually posting some picture of mine, if I ever install watercooling and get my desk cleaned up!

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    black 6pins in to replace default ones for better color matching? (they look used ,from some older tech piece salvaged perhaps?)
    Shit, you guessed that fast.

Yeah, I got new connectors for most of the components... just so I could get rid of the tiny text on the old ones, to be honest. (It says PCI-E on that thing. The new ones are just black with no adornments! )

10+ Year Old Account
    added a wifi nic to my router:

Deleted
    After returning the Penclic mouse I was testing out, I decided to upgrade my microphone. I decided on the Zoom H1 because it gives me the ability to record sound elsewhere too (for sound recording in nature, concerts, memos, interviews, etc).

The sound quality increase over the Zalman ZM-MIC1 is very noticeable, but for any normal Skype/Teamspeak/Mumble/Ventrilo/etc user the ZM-MIC1 is actually extremely good. My friends definitely noticed a difference, but the difference wasn't large enough to justify a $70 product over a $5 one. As such I will continue to recommend the ZM-MIC1 for anyone looking at a microphone for chatting. The H1 can become a contender for people looking to do amateur podcasts (and similar) without breaking bank on a professional microphone.

You do need a proper mounting mechanism for this microphone though as it will otherwise pick up every single vibration. A circular frame with 4 rubber bands is sufficient, and is something to recommend as a professional one can cost $40.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    After returning the Penclic mouse I was testing out, I decided to upgrade my microphone. I decided on the Zoom H1 because it gives me the ability to record sound elsewhere too (for sound recording in nature, concerts, memos, interviews, etc).

The sound quality increase over the Zalman ZM-MIC1 is very noticeable, but for any normal Skype/Teamspeak/Mumble/Ventrilo/etc user the ZM-MIC1 is actually extremely good. My friends definitely noticed a difference, but the difference wasn't large enough to justify a $70 product over a $5 one. As such I will continue to recommend the ZM-MIC1 for anyone looking at a microphone for chatting. The H1 can become a contender for people looking to do amateur podcasts (and similar) without breaking bank on a professional microphone.

<snip>

You do need a proper mounting mechanism for this microphone though as it will otherwise pick up every single vibration. A circular frame with 4 rubber bands is sufficient, and is something to recommend as a professional one can cost $40.
    Yeah this is actually extremely popular with musicians, especially for at-a-moment's notice recording. I always wanted to get one (also the same company's video recorder) but I just never got around to it. I'd always go to my local instrument store, instead of buying these, I'd buy a new cymbal or upgrade my whole drumset. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Hi guyzs, new setup here.

i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz
    Zalman CNPS 9900max CPU cooler
    8gb ddr3-1600 Gskill
    Asus P8P67 EVO mb
    MSI gtx660ti power edition
    Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xreme audio
    Corsair TX750w
    OCZ Agility3 120gb SSD
    WD Caviar Black 1tb
    WD Caviar Blue 500gb
    NZXT Phantom
    Random fans
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-12-08 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Just replaced and completed the original fans of my silverstone case with the all new "bionic premium fans" from NB. They are pretty quiet, even if I turn them up to max RPM. I have 5 of them in my case now, and I'll replace the CPU fans too as soon as these will be available in a 140 mm version. I think they are one of the best fans available, regarding the noise level / performance ratio.

Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-12-08 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted

New peripherals added to my setup:
    Takstar HI2050
    Zoom H1
    Mionix Ensis 320

Is that photoshop, or did you paint the K90? O_o

Looks like he changed the LEDs for red ones.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If my comp passes the leak test today ill have some pics to post

Loop looks a little something like this:

Ex360 rad x1
    Ex240 rad x2
    Raystorm cpu block x1
    Aqua cool gtx680 lightning water block x2
    Xspc d5 dual bay res/pump.

Cant freaking wait