Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noticed my m4 ssd's were getting full so i popped into memory express on boxing day.

I would post images but they are on my cell >
    16GB DDR3
    i7 overclocked to 4.0Ghz quad core
    2) 2TB hard drives 7200RPM
    XFX Radeon 7870 2GB Core Edition
    Triple Monitor Setup

Keyboard & mouse (don't ask) Lols

Debating between the Corsair K90 & the Logitech G510 as for a mouse i am unsure
    what one i want atm, any suggestions? Also G510 vs K90?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiriswin View Post
    what one i want atm, any suggestions? Also G510 vs K90?
    As outlined in the first post of this thread, this is not the place for questions/answers. People are much more likely to help you if you make a separate thread asking for suggestions.

Finally to a presentable level, here it is. after months of saving and swapping parts e.t.c

No internal pics as i forgot too, and after 2 hours of messing about i just want to play!

Case: Corsair Carbide 300R
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.0 Ghz
    GPU: Sapphire HD 7850 @ 900Mhz (soon to be upgraded to 7970 or GTX680)
    PSU: Corsair TX650

Just a couple fans to go, as theres a couple empty spaces. And some white LED fans on the front, to match the white glow of the power button
    Last edited by thunterman; 2012-12-29 at 05:21 PM.

Do you need to upgrade the GPU or do you just want to? It should be handling everything fine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Case: CM Storm Trooper
    Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
    CPU: I5-3570k
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX670 OC
    SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
    RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Gene Z77
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k OC 4,4Ghz @ 1.32v (very bad unit)
    GPU: Asus Geforce 670 GTX DCII Overclocked @ 1228Mhz Core Boost, 6960Mhz GDDR5
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600Mhz
    HDD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB, WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Super Flower Golden King Platinum 650W
    Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE
    Display: LGW2363D (120Hz Primary), Acer N230HML (Secondary)
    Headphones: Razer Megalodon 7.1 Virtual Surround
    Controllers: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Razer Imperator 4G, Steelseries QcK Heavy+

I bought the i7 because i also play a lot of Battlefield 3 and sometimes stream.
    Last edited by Manakuski; 2012-12-29 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Do you need to upgrade the GPU or do you just want to? It should be handling everything fine.
    A bit of both i cant play everything on ultra so i need better i will only nees to upgrade it sometime anyway why not soon if the apparent date on the 8970 is true (q2 2013) im gonna wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    A bit of both i cant play everything on ultra so i need better i will only nees to upgrade it sometime anyway why not soon if the apparent date on the 8970 is true (q2 2013) im gonna wait for it.
    Just make sure you get a nice, non-ref model, particularly if you're going to OC it. I'd personally consider a MSI Power Edition on NVIDIA's side, or a Sapphire DualX on AMD's side.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...3759D1D3E8.jpg

MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945
    RAM: Kingston Red HyperX 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770
    SSD: Intel 330 Series Maple Crest 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC
    HDD: 640GB Western Digital WDC
    Case: Diablotek Elite ATX Mid-Tower
    Fans: 2x 120mm Blue LED Clear (side); 1x 80mm Black (rear)
    PSU: Corsair 600W Blue LED
    Optical Drives: CD/DVD Combo Drive
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Monitors: 2x 23" Acer LCD S230HL
    Speakers: Cyber Acoustics 2.1
    Headset: Turtle Beach X12

* User sadly had to be infracted for oversized pictures. Read the opening post, please!
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-12-29 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Razer Nagas have an obnoxious tendency to break. Get a mouse from Logitech, Roccat, Mionix, or Corsair. (It seems like the only mice Razer seems to be able to make well, in fact the only product they can really make well - are the Death Adders.)
    Weird... had mine since around November 2010... and it's still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    Yeah I've had mine for I think 2 years now this past Christmas. No problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Just make sure you get a nice, non-ref model, particularly if you're going to OC it. I'd personally consider a MSI Power Edition on NVIDIA's side, or a Sapphire DualX on AMD's side.
    This is where im lost, what does non reference actually mean? I was looking at the asus direct cu2 models for both amd or nvidia

Non-reference simply refers to a model for a card that doesn't use (or use less of) the 'stock' design from AMD/NVIDIA, which includes the cooler, PCB and other circuitry, except for the chip itself. Instead, the vendor will most likely have their own designs for it. So, the Asus DirectCUII you've mentioned would be that, which is great for lower temps and even OC'ing headroom.

Non-reference simply refers to a model for a card that doesn't use (or use less of) the 'stock' design from AMD/NVIDIA, which includes the cooler, PCB and other circuitry, except for the chip itself. Instead, the vendor will most likely have their own designs for it. So, the Asus DirectCUII you've mentioned would be that, which is great for lower temps and even OC'ing headroom.
    My knowledge from looking at benchmarks suggest theres no need to oc a 7970. It can handle anything and everything as far as im aware.

As with everything, OC'ing is always optional, it's just that non-ref cards are great for those purposes since they help the card run at much lower temps, so that they're able to withstand stress a bit better. Personally, stock coolers do the job just fine if you're looking to save some money as well, since they're supposed to be priced lower.

As with everything, OC'ing is always optional, it's just that non-ref cards are great for those purposes since they help the card run at much lower temps, so that they're able to withstand stress a bit better. Personally, stock coolers do the job just fine if you're looking to save some money as well, since they're supposed to be priced lower.
    I intend to oc, just not massive ammonts. Maybe an extra 50hz to make it 1ghz sorta thing

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    I have had mine for almost 3 years and it's wearing out, the right click is screwed no matter how much I try to fix it. I have put contact cleaner in the right place and it still bugs out and doesn't hold down properly, which makes sniping annoying as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I currently got in Greenland, if I manage to find a buyer for the 6850 I'll cancel the order on the 7850 & buy something along the lines of 7970 with a proper aftermarket cooler.

-

-

Cooler Master Test Bench v1.0 "chassis"
    AMD FX-4300 (Currently being shipped)
    4x4GB 1600MHz Kingston RAM
    NH-D14
    Gigabyte G970A-UD3 Motherboard
    Antec Earthwatts 550w 80+ Platinum
    MSI 7850 Power Edition (Basic was out of stock) (Currently being shipped)
    Kingston 128GB SSD
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD
    1TB external HDD for Steam Games
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-12-29 at 10:38 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Took some picture after cleaned of dust from my buddy.

Specs:
    MOBO: Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4, 965 BE 3.4GHz (currently @ 3.8GHz)
    CPU-COOLING: Cooler master Hyper 212 evo
    RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz CL8, 4x2GB
    GPU: PowerCooler Radeon HD 6870
    CHASSI: Fractal Design Define R2
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 Max Iops 120GB
    HDD: 2+1 TB Storage