10+ Year Old Account
    Also, who is the girl in the poster to the left? O.o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Tidied it up as much as I could without spending the entire day moving stuff around. (Even if I wanted to, I've got back problems)

The girl is my niece, something she hung up when I was in Denmark I think.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Only noticing very light backlight bleeding on the Achieva Shimian, can only really see it when I make the monitor go full white. Other than that I haven't noticed any dead pixels or dust.
    What?! Backlight bleeding is noticeable in dark settings, not white ^^
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I prefer an enclosed case, myself /shrug

And I think he might be talking about either IPS glow or LED-clouding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my whole "wooo lets remove the drive cage and stack drives on top each other like they're pancakes" idea went out the window as soon as I got my 3rd drive -_-
    While separating the drives with bits of sponge worked out wonderfully because my HDD became almost completely silent, the whole stack toppled into my 120mm bottom intake when I wasn't around. FFFFFFFFFFUCK. Luckily the fan seems to be alright.

So the cage went back in...

...and strangely enough, the issues I was having with the side-panels not fixing on properly also went away. Apparently the drive cage is helping to support the case structure, keeping it 100% straight. Who knew?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Why not buy a 4-in-3, 5.25" HDD adapter? Or 3-in-2. Disregarding structural integrity.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always loved your rig and internals, Xuvial. Give us a new whole desk picture!

Also... so I am guessing the computer was off when it all fell? =S
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Why not buy a 4-in-3, 5.25" HDD adapter? Or 3-in-2. Disregarding structural integrity.
    Cables. I would have to find a way to make a power cable + 3 sata cables go across the middle, the only option would be to route them from the top and them have them drop down to the drives if I was to keep the middle "gap" cable-free. No-go since the top area is already full with all the cables coming from front panel fan controller/usb/eSata/dvd/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Always loved your rig and internals, Xuvial. Give us a new whole desk picture!

Also... so I am guessing the computer was off when it all fell? =S
    ...nope it was on. Came back from shopping, oh look my Samsung 830 is trying to make babies with the AF120. How curious :P

edit: As for a desk picture, about 10 million objects of random junk are currently occupying the table. It seems to be human tendency to automatically fill clean areas with junk, so I'm currently in the middle of a big cleanup mission + vacuuming.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-01-10 at 12:24 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    ...nope it was on. Came back from shopping, oh look my Samsung 830 is trying to make babies with the AF120. How curious :P
    Oh. Thought it was a HDD, not an SSD that fell.

Well, now I don't give a damn! :P
    "A flower.

http://i.imgur.com/9MfYc.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/z2082.jpg
    Man that is tidy! Tidiness is one of the things I miss most about bigger cases, but the convenience of easily transporting my tiny case wins out every time...

I also like the Sabertooth boards the more I see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    What?! Backlight bleeding is noticeable in dark settings, not white ^^
    I derped, was in a hurry when I posted it :P

It's at the bottom left part, but as I said barely noticeable. Very, very satisfied with the monitor ^w^ (And the rest of the build)

The PCI-e on the GPU's are warping a tiny bit, but it's miniscule
    Last edited by inux94; 2013-01-10 at 01:33 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my whole "wooo lets remove the drive cage and stack drives on top each other like they're pancakes" idea went out the window as soon as I got my 3rd drive -_-
    While separating the drives with bits of sponge worked out wonderfully because my HDD became almost completely silent, the whole stack toppled into my 120mm bottom intake when I wasn't around. FFFFFFFFFFUCK. Luckily the fan seems to be alright.

So the cage went back in...

"images used to be here"

"here as well"

...and strangely enough, the issues I was having with the side-panels not fixing on properly also went away. Apparently the drive cage is helping to support the case structure, keeping it 100% straight. Who knew?
    I have similiar issue with my Ostrog, it has 5 3.5" bays, 2 are solid to the case in a bottom mounted standard orientation bay, the other 3 are in a 90 degree rotated (read the ass of the drives faces the side panel window), removable, tool less (has these slider things that snap in and remind me of Dell hdd rails) cage that sits behind the front 120mm intake. The cage has very few ventilation holes to it, so to be able to use the front intake as an intake (like its designed) you have to remove the drive cage. Which leaves you with space for 2 drives........ I'll throw some pics up of what the hell I'm talking about this weekend, work and college run my life currently so not alot of free time.

BTW those fans look vaguely familiar..... really can't place where I've seen them.... oh ya that's right cause I've got 4 in my case as well.

WTB photography lessons from some of you guys, your pics are amazing, mine always turn out looking like crap. Too much flash, too dark, yada yada.
    Last edited by at05gt; 2013-01-10 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Deleted
    Cant you try something with zipties? To tie them down to the bottom of the case, or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Cant you try something with zipties? To tie them down to the bottom of the case, or something like that.
    Huh...didn't even think of that. *headdesk*
    Anyway I like the drive cage ^_^

Deleted
    Finally got myself together and moved my old table from parents house. Now a lot more space on the desk and can finally put PC back on the table

New monitor looks huge from the back lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxl View Post
    Finally got myself together and moved my old table from parents house. Now a lot more space on the desk and can finally put PC back on the table
    [.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/th1Jrl.jpg[/IMG]
    [.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/E3tAXl.jpg[/IMG]
    New monitor looks huge from the back lol
    Nice setup but that chair looks horrible.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Get some pillows on that chair and you're good to go.

Armory

10+ Year Old Account

we updated my brothers computer:
    Intel 3930K C2 (up from 990x)
    Asus P9X79WS (up from Rampage 3)
    64GB RAM (up from 24GB)
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2013-01-11 at 12:07 AM.