Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The Galant desks are $200+ but essentially tables. My desk, as much as I hate it, has a lot of extra features and such and was only $150~.
    Getting a proper, big desk suitable for executives around here costs around 6000 SEK and above. I was for a while (and still am I guess) interested in an Ipsos straight office desk, 200/230x100cm. It's somewhere around 21 000 SEK, which is ~$3200. They can be found for cheaper, but then it's often second hand.

http://www.morekontor.se/skrivbord/i..._rakt_bord.htm

My advice to anyone looking to get a desk but don't want to pay a fortune; build one. You can get the stand/legs from IKEA or similar and a tabletop from a warehouse/timberyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    In Sweden Ikea is very cheap and I wouldn't call the stuff they make crap, most of it lasts 10+ years.

I think your desk is a bit overburdened, looks like it is sagging in the middle.
    The IKEA stuff we get here in the states is very overpriced and the build quality leaves a lot to be desired of.

It looks that way yes, but its actually just the angle of the picture, and how shitty my old camera phone was. That desk is dead level, I've checked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

15+ Year Old Account
    In Sweden Ikea is very cheap and I wouldn't call the stuff they make crap, most of it lasts 10+ years.
    Ikea furniture is fine and good as long as you don't have to move it. As soon as you have to carry it around and pack it to a truck you start noticing how they've saved on the material costs and how flimsy most of the frame structures are.

I worked as a remover for some time and it was quite apparent that ikea tables and cabinets were by far the most likely to suffer damage in the moving process. It's like they designed the stuff in such way that once you've put it together you're not meant to move it ever again..

10+ Year Old Account
    This may be getting a bit off topic, but like I said in my setup post I'm tired of my glass desk. It's 56' wide, 28' deep and 29' tall, and it gives plenty of room which I like, but the fact that it's glass is a big drawback for me. Fingerprints! Dust magnet! I've found 2 desks that fit my price range and appear to be decent from Ikea. The Galant is a lot bigger than the Fredrik, but I think the Fredrik looks better. What do you guys think about these two?

Galant:

Fredrik:

I feel that both would be an improvement.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I have a smaller version of the Galant myself, it is really sturdy and you get to chose colors on it. I really like that the legs are adjustable.
    Haven't seen the Fredrik model before so I can't say much except that it looks like they use the same type of table top, one negative thing about it is that the keyboard can glide around a bit if you don't have good rubber feet on it.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Drawers.

I like them. x_x

Anyways, I think this is getting just a tad off-topic. ;p Maybe make a megathread devoted to desks/table suggestions? Yes?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Drawers.

I like them. x_x

Anyways, I think this is getting just a tad off-topic. ;p Maybe make a megathread devoted to desks/table suggestions? Yes?
    Create it and ask a mod to merge all the posts from here with it.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    It's so dark. It's my batman cave.

[COLOR="red"]

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice Tyreal poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    The monitor looks obnoxiously bright with everything else being so dark. My eyes would fry. >_<
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Heh! It's not that bright in reality. It's because I used a filter on the camera which sort of gathers the available light in order to make the whole picture brighter so you could notice my posters ;D

I'll upload a normal picture tomorrow when It's not dark in maaah room.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I think your desk is a bit overburdened, looks like it is sagging in the middle.
    My old desk was a piece of crap from Ikea, the wood was so brittle I had to glue all the drawer handles back together and put wood glue in the screw holes for the legs just to keep the legs from coming loose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please continue the desk conversations here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...face-workspace!
    "A flower.

Deleted
    My gaming room:

Sony Bravia TV in the background, connected to a Super Nintendo and a PS3 (extra HDMI for laptop available).
    2x 24" screens
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Razer Lachesis
    Razer Carcharias
    Left on the desk is my Bamboo Tablet, always near me.

CPU TYPE:
    Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
    CPU SPEED:
    3.32 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    7.96 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    3.96 GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember you can directly post images up to 800 pixels in width, or link thumbnails to higher-res images

Nice setup Aturbis, I'd love to see a bigger version of the first pic. I suppose you didn't exactly build that system...unless that 560 Ti really has 4GB vRam... :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Remember you can directly post images up to 800 pixels in width, or link thumbnails to higher-res images

Nice setup Aturbis, I'd love to see a bigger version of the first pic. I suppose you didn't exactly build that system...unless that 560 Ti really has 4GB vRam... :P
    http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1600/wp000025x.jpg

I did the setup myself but copy pasted from beta profile on battle.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Well hey there folks. I got myself a present! (Sorry for the mess, it's been a long week.)

System:
    CPU i5 2300
    GPU MSI Twin Frozr II 560ti
    PSU Corsair TX650 V2
    CASE Antec Dust-Hundred (300)
    RAM 2GB x 4 of some OEM I stole off of a ruined computer on Craigslist
    HDD IT BROKE :<
    SSD Mushkin Chronos 120GB

Accessories:
    Keyboard Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (MX Blue, new version)
    Mouse Razer Naga 2012 (I still like the older one better. The mouse 4 & 5 buttons on this suuuuck.)
    Audio Logitech X-240 2.1
    Headphones Audio Technica ATH M50 (My leather pads are degrading I've worn this thing so much...)
    Amp Fiio E9
    Sound Card Creative X-fi Titanium
    Mouse Pad Xtrac Ripper XXL

And the present:

Sapphire 7870 2GB Boost Edition (Tahiti LE edition someone linked on the discussion forum. Bought it the second I saw it. Ironically, my GPU failed the night before I stumbled across that thread.)

Hi foot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back Fuzzy

Is that the one that's supposedly better than a 7950?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Welcome back Fuzzy

Is that the one that's supposedly better than a 7950?
    That'd be the one. I'll toss up some personal benchmarks when I throw it in tomorrow.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I am desktop-less for a while. I have to RMA my board back to MSI because the SATA controller is all borked and some of the ports are dead.