Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    I originally was not going to bother with a CPU upgrade this generation but with Intel's plan on soldering chips directly to MOBOs, I will probably have to make a CPU upgrade on my current system.
    The soldering part won't happen to i5 and i7 for a long time, it is only the lower end CPUs this would happen to.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Your mouse is good, but I'd prefer a mechanical keyboard anyday. I used to use a G15, and it was good... then I used mechanical. Never again!

I have a HAF X too, and sure it has big fans... that's about its only redeeming quality. The build quality is really lacking when you compare it to cases made by the likes of SilverStone, Corsair, and Fractal.
    No full keyboard comes close to how comfortable the Nostromo. I've tried other single handed gamepads but they all suck, especially the G13. The Nostromo is the only one that is truly ergonomic to properly fit your hand. The d-pad is also very useful for extra binds. On a normal keyboard your thumb does nothing except press the spacebar. The the Nostromo I give my thumb 5 buttons to press instead of just 1. The Nostromo is not a mechanical but it does use that Hypersponse tech from Razer. Much more responsive then my G15, but again I don't use my G15 except for typing.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No full keyboard comes close to how comfortable the Nostromo. I've tried other single handed gamepads but they all suck, especially the G13. The Nostromo is the only one that is truly ergonomic to properly fit your hand. The d-pad is also very useful for extra binds. On a normal keyboard your thumb does nothing except press the spacebar. The the Nostromo I give my thumb 5 buttons to press instead of just 1. The Nostromo is not a mechanical but it does use that Hypersponse tech from Razer. Much more responsive then my G15, but again I don't use my G15 except for typing.
    I don't know why you're saying so much about your Nostromo... I didn't even comment on it! Frankly, they don't have mechanical keys, so I'm not interested. Also, I avoid Razer for the most part like the Devil.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You always have this http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...azer-orbweaver
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Yeah I'm happy they finally made a mechanical equivalent. Still I question what its rates for dying will be... I've seen far too many reports of dying Razer keyboards, headsets, and their newer mice.
    "A flower.

I am finally nearing "completion" on my build and it's finally at a posting point I guess... Sooo here you go:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Microcenter)
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 90GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($87.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($309.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case ($169.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Monitor: Asus VE248H 24.0" Monitor ($164.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Acer S202HLbd 20.0" Monitor ($132.95 @ Mac Connection)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($135.62 @ Outlet PC)
    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Wired Gaming Keyboard ($111.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards)
    Other: XSPC Raystorm RX240 ($174.99)
    Other: Razer Naga ($70.00)
    Other: 140mm Blue LED Fan ($11.00)
    Other: 200mm CM Megaflow Blue LED(x2) ($38.00)
    Other: Blue Logisys Cathod light bars ($9.00)
    Other: Sunbeam Fan Controller ($26.00)
    Other: Corsair SP120 Twin Pack ($24.00)
    Other: Blue Watercooling Tubing ($15.00)
    Other: Wifi NIC ($24.00)
    Other: Hauppauge TV Tuner Card ($80.00)
    Other: Razer Carcharias Headset ($80.00)
    Other: Kingston HyperX Blu 1600mhz 2x4gb ($62.00)
    Total: $2373.45
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-01 23:15 EST-0500)
    Pictures!

Currently running the CPU @4.7Ghz 1.45Vcore and GPU @1200/1575
    Last edited by Kevin38924; 2013-02-02 at 05:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why a 750watt PSU? Jeez.
    "A flower.

Why a 750watt PSU? Jeez.
    I got it on sale, and also might upgrade to crossfire with eyefinity in the future... or maybe just up to a 2k res monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin38924 View Post
    I got it on sale, and also might upgrade to crossfire with eyefinity in the future... or maybe just up to a 2k res monitor.
    Well, the monitor size doesn't make a lick of difference on the PSU, but if you got it on sale then I guess I can't argue it! Nice find. SeaSonic ftw!
    "A flower.

Why a 750watt PSU? Jeez.
    My question would be, why 90GB SSD in a $2.4k build?

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first built my computer, I only bought an 80GB Vertex 2 SSD (got returned a week later when I realized I needed to buy a new Windows 7 license) because at the time all I cared for was WoW and having Windows on the SSD. lol

How times have changed...
    "A flower.

Well, the monitor size doesn't make a lick of difference on the PSU, but if you got it on sale then I guess I can't argue it! Nice find. SeaSonic ftw!
    I meant that the 750 was for a possibility of crossfiring in the future if I decided to take the eyefinity path.

Nice job cleaning it up! You're well on your way to learning the ins and outs of cable management and it will start now to always bug you.
    Even my clean up job on the cables in the new case bug me so much.

I still have to figure out a better way hahah

I bought the SSD a little bit back when SSDs were kinda expensive, and just planned on having it for a boot drive and 1 or 2 games. However, currently, classes are in session so I don't have much time for gaming, but once I have time to play more, I will need more space and then I might get a bigger SSD, like a 240gb drive.

EDIT: I am surprised that Deltrus hasn't made a comment about the i7 3770k... :P
    Last edited by Kevin38924; 2013-02-02 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphexy View Post
    Even my clean up job on the cables in the new case bug me so much.

I still have to figure out a better way hahah
    Go to a local hardware store for house stuff and buy a 50-100 pack of zip-ties. You'll have enough to undo them if you don't like it. ^_^
    "A flower.

Go to a local hardware store for house stuff and buy a 50-100 pack of zip-ties. You'll have enough to undo them if you don't like it. ^_^
    Some of the connections not being used that go behind the metal panel wouldn't really fit, I had to put them behind the hard drive tower thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphexy View Post
    Some of the connections not being used that go behind the metal panel wouldn't really fit, I had to put them behind the hard drive tower thing.
    You can pull zip-ties... really really really tight.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    My question would be, why have a poor 4+1 phase motherboard in a $2.4k build. Specially since he got a K processor. With that CPU power supply you can forget any kind of decent OC.
    He's lucky it's dual 8x PCI-E, i wonder if he checked it for that.

4+1 phases is fine, even for overclocking; Anything beyond 8+2 is superfluous

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    4+1 phases is fine, even for overclocking; Anything beyond 8+2 is superfluous
    At least in the P8P67,z68 series, ASUS limited OC capabilities by removing LLC and manual vcore settings on their 4+1 phase motherboards. Don't know about the z77 but I'd stay away.

Iirc we also had someone on this board blowing up the capacitors on a 4+1 phase mobo while attempting a higher overclock. Granted it was sandy-b.
    Last edited by Wries; 2013-02-02 at 09:22 AM.