Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Your cooler is pointed the wrong way! <.<
    The cooler is too big that if I mount side way, the fans will hit the ram. I forgot to put on my 2nd fan of the cooler in the picture. Should I just forget the 2nd fan and put it side way and have the other fan point toward the back?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fan should either be pushing air towards the back or towards the top, if you're going to have it this way. I doubt that fan is running in pull right now.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    This is my current layout with side fans blowing air in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put an air on the bottom then, you'll be shocked how much it helps your temps, because a fan only pulling from a heatsink like that, barely does anything in comparison. Hell you could just switch that fan if you don't want to be running 2.

Also, more fans taking air out than in, equals, if I recall right, negative pressure, which equals dust. Turn the fans taking air out down to their minimum and the one in to its max to curb this.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Put an air on the bottom then, you'll be shocked how much it helps your temps, because a fan only pulling from a heatsink like that, barely does anything in comparison. Hell you could just switch that fan if you don't want to be running 2.
    I'm confused what this means. Are you trying to suggest that push is more effective than pull? It makes no difference.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm confused what this means. Are you trying to suggest that push is more effective than pull? It makes no difference.
    Typically coolers with a fan doing push have done better than ones doing pull, from what I've seen/read/heard.

I don't know anyone who swears by their liquid cooling loops having the rads with pull fans only.

Usually it's push or push+pull.
    "A flower.

Deleted

Also, more fans taking air out than in, equals, if I recall right, negative pressure, which equals dust. Turn the fans taking air out down to their minimum and the one in to its max to curb this.
    Thanks for the advice. Just to make sure. I should put the extra fan right next to PSU to pull air in? I'll turn the exhaust fans down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Just to make sure. I should put the extra fan right next to PSU to pull air in? I'll turn the exhaust fans down.
    Wait, what? I mean like the extra fan for your heatsink on your CPU itself, if there is one, you should put it on so the heatsink has one fan pushing and one pulling, you'll get the best performance.

Now if you have one of the many cases that has a fan on the side panel that can pull air in, I would definitely also add that.

However heat rises, I do not suggest putting your top fans or back fan as intakes, that will screw with stuff, a lot.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Oh lol! I got confused and thought you want me to put a fan at the bottom of the case next to the PSU. What you suggest is what I usually do. I was cleaning the case when I took the picture and forgot to put the 2nd fan back on the cooler.

I do have side fans...but I cannot put a 200 mm on the side because my cooler is too damn huge. Right now, I only have two 120 mm side fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah good stuff! Same you can't fit in your side cooler. =/
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically coolers with a fan doing push have done better than ones doing pull, from what I've seen/read/heard.

I don't know anyone who swears by their liquid cooling loops having the rads with pull fans only.

Usually it's push or push+pull.
    a top mounted rad in a Cosmos2 requires pull fans, it make no difference in temps

Deleted
    Ah good stuff! Same you can't fit in your side cooler. =/
    When I bought the Phantom case, I was expecting the cooler to fit perfectly since I can mount my HAF 922 side fan without any trouble (and it's supposedly a mid tower case). I will probably buy a window side panel to make it looks nicer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    a top mounted rad in a Cosmos2 requires pull fans, it make no difference in temps
    In Trungalung's case I would still recommend push because having the heatsink fan and top exhaust fans right next to each other is pointless.

Also Delt does have a point, even though there isn't a huge difference in temps you'll still see tower coolers with 1 fan set up in push 95% of the time (Hyper212, etc).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account

My first ever build, put it together about two months ago. Cables are still a bit messy but it looks fine with the side panel on so I don't mind. The Noctua fans are moving so slow it's not even blurred in the first picture. :P

The top 200mm fan makes this clicking sound, drove me mad at first but I got used to it... I did buy a BitFenix spectre pro 200mm to put in there but it doesn't fit, apparently I need to get an Antec Big Boy as it's the only other fan that fits on the 1100. >_>

Details in signature.
    Last edited by Ineko; 2013-02-07 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you people get your graphics cards to not sag and stay perfectly straight with no support...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    How do you people get your graphics cards to not sag and stay perfectly straight with no support...
    My card has a special support bracket that runs the length of the card and the screws go through it into the case, you can see it at the front of the card. It's only on the 680 version of the CUII cards, ASUS got a lot of complaints about the cards sagging A LOT since they're so heavy.

Last edited by Ineko; 2013-02-07 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    My card has a special support bracket that runs the length of the card and the screws go through it into the case, you can see it at the front of the card. It's only on the 680 version of the CUII cards, ASUS got a lot of complaints about the cards sagging A LOT since they're so heavy.
    Well I'll be damned, I didn't even notice that! Smart move Asus, I remember my 580 DCII sagged like hell. Hmm I need to get my hands on one of those brackets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    When I bought the Phantom case, I was expecting the cooler to fit perfectly since I can mount my HAF 922 side fan without any trouble (and it's supposedly a mid tower case). I will probably buy a window side panel to make it looks nicer.
    You could try http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xigmatek-XLF...0242774&sr=8-1 (theres some different colours)
    Im using a noctua nh-d14 which is apparently a tiny bit higher than yours at 160mm and that just fits in my case, because the fans only 20mm wide. I had to use screws that didnt come with the fan though, think i used screws from the nh-d14 that werent for my motherboard.

Deleted
    My card doesn't sag, it dangles.

10+ Year Old Account
    buy an FT02