Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't know anyone who swears by their liquid cooling loops having the rads with pull fans only.

Usually it's push or push+pull.
    There's no difference between doing Push or Pull. Little difference again by doing Push and Pull, if you have pressure optimised fans.
    Apart from people using LED fans, most I see with custom watercooling are doing it pull. If you want a concrete example, Linus Sebastian.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    There's no difference between doing Push or Pull. Little difference again by doing Push and Pull, if you have pressure optimised fans.
    Apart from people using LED fans, most I see with custom watercooling are doing it pull. If you want a concrete example, Linus Sebastian.
    http://youtu.be/UyC3lZ5WFMk

There's the specific video where linus states it

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    How do you people get your graphics cards to not sag and stay perfectly straight with no support...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiaQD0AAMnk @ 11:45 - This might help you out a pci express stopper. Also it depends on the plastic latch on the pci express slots I mean Asus uses better quality and it "raises" the card more than on Gigabyte motherboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    My card has a special support bracket that runs the length of the card and the screws go through it into the case, you can see it at the front of the card. It's only on the 680 version of the CUII cards, ASUS got a lot of complaints about the cards sagging A LOT since they're so heavy.

Is this a dc2t or DC2O? :P

I would disagree with this. Push/Pull combo will yield better results even if using a pressure optimized fan in almost every situation.

See: http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/01/...-testing-v2/3/

I realize you said little difference but it's normally 2c+ difference which is a pretty decent amount when it comes to watercooling.
    Last edited by Sweetleader; 2013-02-07 at 05:59 PM.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

According to Linus Sebastian, Pull is better than push.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    According to Linus Sebastian, Pull is better than push.
    But not for performance reasons, only due to the trouble of dust removal/accumulation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a dc2t or DC2O? :P
    DC2T. I did say read my signature in my post lol. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    DC2T. I did say read my signature in my post lol. ;P
    Ah lol :P Did you try to OC the card?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah lol :P Did you try to OC the card?
    Nope but it's the exact same, just a lower clock speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    You could try http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xigmatek-XLF...0242774&sr=8-1 (theres some different colours)
    Im using a noctua nh-d14 which is apparently a tiny bit higher than yours at 160mm and that just fits in my case, because the fans only 20mm wide. I had to use screws that didnt come with the fan though, think i used screws from the nh-d14 that werent for my motherboard.
    Only NZXT 200 mm fans can fit in this case (the design is a bit smaller than a typical 200 mm), and their only orange LED 200 mm fan cannot fit into my side panel because it will hit the cooler if I try to close the panel.

CPU: AMD A10-5800k
    Motherboard: ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6
    Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB OCed to 2133MHz
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (best case I've ever owned)
    PSU: Antec BP550
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master GeminII
    Video Card: None
    Hard Drive: Antec Green 1TB (what, I'm on a budget)

Runs games very nicely, but I mainly put it together for running virtual machines. I'll be upgrading the janky hard drive and adding a 7850 when I have the funds. It runs Windows Server 2012 quite swimmingly.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2013-02-08 at 06:49 AM.

Built my first PC back in December with the following:
    CPU: Intel i7 3770k
    Motherboard: ASRock Extreme 4
    Case: Corsair Carbide 400r
    GPU: Gigabyte 670 WF3 OC Edition
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128gb
    RAM: 16gb Gskill Ripjaws X 1600mhz

Peripherals:
    Keyboard: Logitech Wave Wired
    Mouse: Logitech MX518
    Headset: Steelseries Siberia v2
    Speakers: Logitech Pure-Fi Dream

Picture: http://imgur.com/SE7En3A

My Setup

CPU: Intel i7 2600
    Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro
    Case: NZXT Phantom
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 570 OC
    SSD: OCZ Vortex 3 120g
    HDD: WD 2TB somthing
    RAM: 16gb (4x4) Gskill Ripjaws

Peripherals:
    Keyboard: Gigabyte Osmium
    Mouse: Razer Mamba
    Headset: Razer Carcharias

System is currently about 18months old.. Still runs very well next upgrade im looking at is a GTX 670 or 680 and or new cpu but donno how much that would do compared to the GPU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haadesda View Post
    System is currently about 18months old.. Still runs very well next upgrade im looking at is a GTX 670 or 680 and or new cpu but donno how much that would do compared to the GPU
    new cpu what? why..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    Only NZXT 200 mm fans can fit in this case (the design is a bit smaller than a typical 200 mm), and their only orange LED 200 mm fan cannot fit into my side panel because it will hit the cooler if I try to close the panel.
    Yeah i have an nzxt phantom myself, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20010454 (link to my set up) i took a couple of pics for you and anyone else googling phantom side panel fans since i had to do quite a lot of research myself.

http://imgur.com/ma0uZQY
    http://imgur.com/IVIoiL4
    http://imgur.com/MDNwXys

If you have a look on that fan i linked earlier most people reviewing it bought it for a phantom. It was tight though, and the screws i used were only just long enough. You also need to drill the holes yourself since the fan comes with the holes only partially drilled, theres a thin layer of plastic over one side.
    I cant see an orange one though, only a red one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xigmatek-XLF...0334609&sr=1-3 Though the leds arent actually coloured, its just white leds that light up the coloured blades.
    That said though if you temps are fine id just go with a side panel http://www.amazon.co.uk/NZXT-Phantom.../dp/B006FW0LQA there pretty cheap and look good.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-02-08 at 03:03 PM.

So I went to a store today. It sold chromed copper pipes. The 600T build I had recently has also been moved over towards a new computer case. (More on that another time.) So the loop's out, I don't have a working computer because the reservoir and pump couldn't be installed anywhere, etc. The loop's not filled even.

Deciding I might as well give it a try, here's the first attempt's outcome.

Oh, and the new case had some space restrictions it turned out. Would've been fine if it was a smaller graphics card though, but the fans had to be installed a bit funny in the end... Anyway, to put it into perspective of how tight things are here...

Ugh. Way too much work, have fun lol.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

Quote Originally Posted by Haadesda View Post
    My Setup

CPU: Intel i7 2600
    Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro
    Case: NZXT Phantom
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 570 OC
    SSD: OCZ Vortex 3 120g
    HDD: WD 2TB somthing
    RAM: 16gb (4x4) Gskill Ripjaws

Peripherals:
    Keyboard: Gigabyte Osmium
    Mouse: Razer Mamba
    Headset: Razer Carcharias

Dude, that CPU is going to last you like 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    Ugh. Way too much work, have fun lol.
    To be fair, these tubes are easier to handle than normal tubes, in a way. Though I'm definitely ordering the bigger multilink connectors from Bitspower, since they'll almost certainly hold the tubes better, and have two rubber gaskets I believe.

latest rig, built for about 2 weeks.

The only thing that I couldn't list on pcpartpicker was 2 120mm Scythe SlimLine fans so that the h100 fits fully.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($159.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($86.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
    Storage: Intel 520 Series Cherryville 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($219.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($283.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($95.17 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($18.99 @ Newegg)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan ($18.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VG23AH 23.0" Monitor ($217.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit) ($135.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Wired Ergonomic Keyboard ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 Wired Laser Mouse ($63.57 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1831.55
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-08 14:41 EST-0500)

Love this so far, boots up in about 10secs. Running GW2 and SWTOR on ultra settings and it's as smooth as butter. Played around a little bit with the 3d aspect, and I'm not completely sold yet. Gonna download tri-def soon to see if or how much of a difference it will make.

I haven't started overclocking yet due to the fact that I'm a first time builder and I'm a little reluctant and I wanna make sure I do it right. So I want to do some complete research ahead of time.