Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Nice build Christoffer, how does the chip do in terms of OC'ing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Doubt he has much room on that stock cooler
    Thx inux94, well so far I havent been able (want to w8 for H80i) OC'ing much. But I turned of turbo core and change multi to 20x so I running 4.0GHz atleast :P

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Looking really good! Really nice pictures as well.
    Unsure if it'd fit with the Define R4, but either way, the H80i is acceptable as well.
    Nice pictures? :O Its taken with a Samsung Galaxy Ace W, so kinda bad.. But glad you liked it
    No, I dont think there is much moor room to fit it in R4 sadly, I dont wanna have to modification the chassi so. Its have to be a H80i good its close enough in performence, not many *C higher

Quote Originally Posted by at05gt View Post
    You'd be suprised, the stock AMD FX cooler is the same quad heatpipe design from the old AM3 Phenoms, and it can do mild OC fairly well. Nothing mind blowing obviously but 0.2-0.3ghz easily. Nowhere near a D14, but almost even with a 212, i'll have to find and link the review/comparison I read awhile back on it. That and the FX chips put out very little heat anyways, OCed to 4ghz my 8150 barely put out 100f on a Hyper 101.
    Its not even close to a Hyper Evo 212 in cooling. But its not bad. Worst thing is the sound level.. @ 4.0GHz I can peak 55*C sometimes, but normaly is on 40-45*c when playing. But the sound is killing me!
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

@Christoffer1989 did you have the high pitch noise issue with the H100i? Corsair is saying it's very rare to get that issue but I get everytime from RMA a unit with that noise -_-

Btw nice choice on ram :P I bought 2x 8GB kits of them just for looks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    @Christoffer1989 did you have the high pitch noise issue with the H100i? Corsair is saying it's very rare to get that issue but I get everytime from RMA a unit with that noise -_-

I just tried the H100i, to listen to the fans and pump to see if there was any noice issue. Fans sounded alot on high speed, but on Quiet profil and medium they was lower then my other fans And the pump was quite as hell.. So no issue with sounds :P

I got the ram instead of Crucial BallistiX Elite cuase they was out of stocks, and I bough a kit with mobo, cpu and ram :P
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

10+ Year Old Account

Not everyone notices high-pitched noise. For example a SSD also makes noise. Good chance more units have it, but not everyone notices it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Not everyone notices high-pitched noise. For example a SSD also makes noise. Good chance more units have it, but not everyone notices it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfKJ5_4qeok @ 0:50

If you don't hear that, you're deaf :P

10+ Year Old Account

Wow, that's frigging annoying. I'd toss it out the window in an instant.

Considering how much I hard turn up my sound just to be able to hear it, I don't think it's that loud. Definitely seems like it be less annoying then the two fans on my A70, one fan was quiet but the 2nd fan turns it into a damn turbine....and I deal with that, so that seems eh.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

10+ Year Old Account

It was an issue with the fan controller circuitry not powering the fans properly, caused them to grind/whine. It can be avoided by not plugging the fans into the Corsair unit at all (a lot of people do this :P) or RMA'ing the unit. I'd be shocked if Corsair hadn't fixed the issue quite a while ago, although there may still be some stray bad units floating around retailers and not much can be done about that...
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Wasn't there a firmware update, to boot?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It was an issue with the fan controller circuitry not powering the fans properly, caused them to grind/whine. It can be avoided by not plugging the fans into the Corsair unit at all (a lot of people do this :P) or RMA'ing the unit. I'd be shocked if Corsair hadn't fixed the issue quite a while ago, although there may still be some stray bad units floating around retailers and not much can be done about that...
    They still didn't fix the issue, they've been promising people coming with a new firmware or new fans for like 3 months. The first firmware was 1.0.0 which was working okay but the fans were rattling or the pump was grinding at the quiet profile so they brought the 1.0.4 fw which solved those issues but as reward the high pitch noise >.<

Deleted
    Running a sort of old build. Even most games at 5040x1050

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 running at 4ghz ~ 1.42v
    CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 90
    RAM: G-skill sniper 1333mhz 2x 4GB ~ 8GB
    GPU: Sapphire HD 6870 1gb

SSD: Samsung 830 64gb
    HDD0: Seagate Barracuda 160gb 7200rpm RAID 0
    HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 160gb 7200rpm RAID 0
    HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 320gb 7200rpm

Monitor 0: Samsung Syncmaster 2233 22"
    Monitor 1: Dell WFP2208
    Monitor 2: Dell WFP2208

Case: Fractal Design Core 3000
    Keyboard: Logitech G510
    Mouse: Logitech G9X ~ 28G extra weight in.
    Pad: Razer Goliathus Speed

Someone might remember this guy.

First he was quite fat. Three slots, to be exact. Then he went single slot cooler using two PCI slots. Now he's back to triple slots again. Boo!

And for some reason, imgur was bonkers there and wouldn't give me the link for the thumbnails. Wtf.

You might consider cropping that or resizing so I can actually see what's going on.. :P
    &nbsp;

Someone infract him fast!
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    You might consider cropping that or resizing so I can actually see what's going on.. :P
    Yeah, imgur went a bit mad for some reason. I clicked 'Large thumbnail' and copy-pasted the normal link. After posting I spotted that the link hadn't been changed from the original version at all, so it was linking the full image. Don't know what was up with that...

Got it fixed manually though. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to rip open my tower to pull a failed HDD, so I figured while I have it gutted I'll do some better cable management.

Activate High Res Photos (borrowed my Dad's Canon EOS T3i)

It's nowhere near as clean and surgical as a lot of the cases displayed in this thread but it no longer looks like a complete rats nest either.

Then I realized I'd never posted pictures of my new case:

Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Set your H80 in pull, temps will definitely be lower...you've got more than enough top exhaust there :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I'd rather sooner remove the fans in the roof, or flip them around. Would get some fan filters if doing the second...

Also, the Corsair logo is upside-down on the H80 block

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Also, the Corsair logo is upside-down on the H80 block
    I dont think it will fit the other way around. The tubes will get into all sorts of very wierd positions if you force it to so that the corsair logo is the right way.