1. #10381
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    617
    Ubermensch speed nice
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

  2. #10382
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I do love me some Noctua-fans. They look sweet and accentuates the contrast to the other parts really well.
    how to they compare to bequiet fans?, i'd like to replace the fans on my NH-D14 if possible

    right now the inside of my case is a hodgepodge of colored parts, it's almost a good thing i didn't order the windowed side panel

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  3. #10383
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    The H100i stock fans... Wow.

    What a hideous high pitch.
    Yeah, Corsair is sending out new fans to replace these, after failing to fix the issue with a firmware update. Firmware update removed the fan noise, but introduced pump noise, lol. They're shipping out PWM fans this time around, which is interesting; Corsair doesn't have any other PWM fans that I'm aware.

  4. #10384
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    how to they compare to bequiet fans?, i'd like to replace the fans on my NH-D14 if possible

    right now the inside of my case is a hodgepodge of colored parts, it's almost a good thing i didn't order the windowed side panel
    Well Silent Wings 2 have a static pressure rating of 1.63 for 120mm versions and 0.81mm/h2o for the 140mm. http://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/259

    NH-d14 fans
    http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=p...2&lng=en&set=1
    http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=p...3&lng=en&set=1

  5. #10385
    I wouldn't really count on the companies' websites for that data.

  6. #10386
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    how to they compare to bequiet fans?, i'd like to replace the fans on my NH-D14 if possible

    right now the inside of my case is a hodgepodge of colored parts, it's almost a good thing i didn't order the windowed side panel
    Only used Be Quiet! as case-fans tbqh and not in my own build, but the newer models are better for sure, at least in mounting. I'd recommend zip-ties for mounting them though on the NH-D14.

  7. #10387
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Be Quiet! fans are really durable. The bearings inside the Silentwing fan on my Advanced C1 hasn't given a single squeak yet (about 1.5yr old now). Whisper Silent.
    PSU is also non-audible. I really like this brand, one of my favorites now.

  8. #10388
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Only used Be Quiet! as case-fans tbqh and not in my own build, but the newer models are better for sure, at least in mounting. I'd recommend zip-ties for mounting them though on the NH-D14.
    im actually thinking of making a plastic shroud to cover the top and sides of the NH-D14, it's precariously close to the PCB of my first 690, and i had to wrap the fan clips in electrical tape

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  9. #10389
    Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    im actually thinking of making a plastic shroud to cover the top and sides of the NH-D14, it's precariously close to the PCB of my first 690, and i had to wrap the fan clips in electrical tape
    actually considered that aswell but im fine with the few mm of distance i got between fan and backplate.
    also weren't noctua fans very solid overall already?

  10. #10390
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    actually considered that aswell but im fine with the few mm of distance i got between fan and backplate.
    also weren't noctua fans very solid overall already?
    the fans are good, i have a nice random mix of colors going on, as all the parts were selected for performance and reliability, not color coordination, the red and green are annoying enough, but adding in the brown and tan just makes thinks look bad

    i may swap out the board and ram for something all black when Ivy-E or Haswell launch, i haven't decided which of those im getting yet

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  11. #10391
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    the fans are good, i have a nice random mix of colors going on, as all the parts were selected for performance and reliability, not color coordination, the red and green are annoying enough, but adding in the brown and tan just makes thinks look bad

    i may swap out the board and ram for something all black when Ivy-E or Haswell launch, i haven't decided which of those im getting yet
    You should match that with a black Phanteks PH-TC14PE
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  12. #10392
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    You should match that with a black Phanteks PH-TC14PE
    i believe that one is discontinued, i tried to order it instead of the NH-D14, but couldn't find it anywhere

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  13. #10393
    I used to own a Haf X, sadly my room is insanely dusty and having to clean it every couple weeks was really annoying me.
    Luckly a few weeks ago I saw the Haf XB and I loved it, it has almost the same look of the "bigger brother" without being so huge, so that I could fit it on my desk.
    Enough with the talk, here's some photos.


    Here's my old rig:


    As you can see it's awfully dusty, even though I had cleaned it just a week before.


    Here's the new/old stuff that I used


    Filling the lower part:



    Closed, from above



    Open, from above. As you can see I couldn't bother too much with the cables but I think it's enough to enjoy it from the plexiglass.



    While I was at it I took a photo of my little nerdy corner. :3
    I just noticed that when I took the photo my sister had already put a little drawing with a view of an actual house window on the Haf XB, that's what the white thing is. xD




    The specs are almost the same of those I posted a couple months ago:

    CPU: I5-3570k
    Heatsink: Noctua D14
    Case: Haf XB
    GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gb (I'm looking foward to upgrade it to something a little better, I'm a huge fan of buying used stuff and I'm just waiting for a good deal :P)
    MB: Sabertooth z77
    PSU: HX 650 Corsair
    RAM: 16GB of Corsair vengeance LP (they used to be only 8, but I found another pair of those for under 20 euros and I couldn't resist :P)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




    Alrighty, that's it!
    I was looking foward to share this with you guys, I've been looking this thread for so long and I really wanted to contribute /hug/.
    I made most of those pictures a couple minutes ago (23:03 here in Italy) so the light is terrible, plus I used a cellphone with a medium-bad camera (even worse), sorry! :P
    Last edited by AtaraxyDarkmoonFaire; 2013-03-23 at 11:53 PM.

  14. #10394
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i believe that one is discontinued, i tried to order it instead of the NH-D14, but couldn't find it anywhere
    I think it is the other way around, the black version was released after the others.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-02-26 at 10:11 PM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  15. #10395
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    the fans are good, i have a nice random mix of colors going on, as all the parts were selected for performance and reliability, not color coordination, the red and green are annoying enough, but adding in the brown and tan just makes thinks look bad

    i may swap out the board and ram for something all black when Ivy-E or Haswell launch, i haven't decided which of those im getting yet
    Actually try something like this to match your colour scheme? http://www.porchsittingdesigns.com/w...ray-paint.jpeg

  16. #10396
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Actually try something like this to match your colour scheme? http://www.porchsittingdesigns.com/w...ray-paint.jpeg
    what you did there


    i see it :P

    im actually planning on getting a few bequiet items, a PSU, either 1200w or 1000w, and a fan for the top of the FT02, right now those are the loudest things in my computer

    as well as the twin tower heatsink, i imagine it would look awesome on the FT02 with full banks of black mushkin dims behind it, also, if i get the bequiet heatsink, thats gonna need to be sleeved as well

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  17. #10397
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    what you did there


    i see it :P

    im actually planning on getting a few bequiet items, a PSU, either 1200w or 1000w, and a fan for the top of the FT02, right now those are the loudest things in my computer

    as well as the twin tower heatsink, i imagine it would look awesome on the FT02 with full banks of black mushkin dims behind it, also, if i get the bequiet heatsink, thats gonna need to be sleeved as well
    The darkrock pro 2 stockfans are already sleeved :P

  18. #10398
    Brewmaster Biernot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    the fans are good, i have a nice random mix of colors going on, as all the parts were selected for performance and reliability, not color coordination, the red and green are annoying enough, but adding in the brown and tan just makes thinks look bad

    i may swap out the board and ram for something all black when Ivy-E or Haswell launch, i haven't decided which of those im getting yet
    Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2
    Be Quiet Silent Wings 2
    Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 1000W

    Should i ever get a case with a side window, i would order it with a be quiet cpu cooler.

  19. #10399
    I only wish they were fully modular. The power supply that is.

  20. #10400
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,311

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •