Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Take for instance my computer.
    I have 2x200mm fans, 1x230mm, 1x140mm, and 1x120mm.

Most if not all are running at 40% of not even 12v. It's obnoxiously silent... for a non-sound-proofed case.
    That's your definition of silent though, I have 3 fans running atm the 2 on the nh-d14 (low noise adapters) and 1 gfx card fan set at 30% and I consider mine noisy believe it or not And I doubt I could go any quieter without sound proofing or going fully passive. Some people are really anal about noise and i'm one of them.
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2013-03-01 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Etc.
    Firstly, never ever reply to something after your post by editing an older post. I only barely noticed you'd said something in the first place.

Secondly, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone sane actually investing in 120Hz monitors for what you seem to be implying is a big misconception being spewed around the place. The first and foremost argument has been, from what I've seen, that the higher refresh rate creates a smoother visual experience when combined with the hardware to push the necessary FPS.

Your involvement of IPS panels in this is very moot, as currently one still has to choose between 120Hz or IPS quality.

Lol, oh you guys...the space heater is just to keep the chill off of my feet since the wife enjoys sub-arctic temps in the house. In total, there are 9 120mm and 4 80mm fans. I am being completely honest about the silence of the system =)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaynith View Post
    Lol, oh you guys...the space heater is just to keep the chill off of my feet since the wife enjoys sub-arctic temps in the house. In total, there are 9 120mm and 4 80mm fans. I am being completely honest about the silence of the system =)
    People aren't considering the noise-level of space heaters. /sigh

@stravs: My computer is a very very calm hum that is barely noticeable, partially because:

A) Basement noises: 15-20 feet away is a furnace, air conditioner, dehumidifier, water heater, and sump pump.
    B) Speakers/headphones are definitely louder than some fans on 40% of 3v or 5v. (Can't remember which voltage level the NZXT Sentry 2 puts them on.) My headphones are Shure SRH440s, closed-back headphones, so just putting them on alone drops noise levels that my ears can hear by a good 70% or so. The speakers are Samson MediaONE 3a studio monitors, aka, strong and focused and can easily outmatch the 4 speaker stereo system around my drumset that I got years back, at a bit above half the compared volume.
    C) Even if we took the above noises out, my computer is still shockingly quiet. It helps having BIG fans. Is it absolutely silent? No, I'll never say that. However I bought all quiet fans for my case and then turned them down so they wouldn't be too loud. Any noise that does exist, of course gets destroyed by A & B.

Get it now?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Take for instance my computer.
    I have 2x200mm fans, 1x230mm, 1x140mm, and 1x120mm.

Most if not all are running at 40% of not even 12v. It's obnoxiously silent... for a non-sound-proofed case.
    You think that, but that's because you haven't heard it in comparison. :P

People aren't considering the noise-level of space heaters. /sigh

@stravs: My computer is a very very calm hum that is barely noticeable, partially because:

A) Basement noises: 15-20 feet away is a furnace, air conditioner, dehumidifier, water heater, and sump pump.
    B) Speakers/headphones are definitely louder than some fans on 40% of 3v or 5v. (Can't remember which voltage level the NZXT Sentry 2 puts them on.) My headphones are Shure SRH440s, closed-back headphones, so just putting them on alone drops noise levels that my ears can hear by a good 70% or so. The speakers are Samson MediaONE 3a studio monitors, aka, strong and focused and can easily outmatch the 4 speaker stereo system around my drumset that I got years back, at a bit above half the compared volume.
    C) Even if we took the above noises out, my computer is still shockingly quiet. It helps having BIG fans. Is it absolutely silent? No, I'll never say that. However I bought all quiet fans for my case and then turned them down so they wouldn't be too loud. Any noise that does exist, of course gets destroyed by A & B.

Get it now?
    I wasnt saying that the space heater added to the sound. As a matter of fact, I was using it as a comparison of the sound relative to my system. /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    You think that, but that's because you haven't heard it in comparison. :P
    Oh tetris. <3 We've been over this before. :P Your average HAF X is yes, going to be louder. Usually because the person will have the fans running off the motherboard, or dear God, off the PSU, and yeah, most any fan at 12v will be loud as hell.

Does my HAF X make noise? Of course, any computer will, even ones sound-proofed.

However, whenever I got to my bud's house, who has an old LGA775 system with an MSI GTX 460 Cyclone, all housed in a CM 690... holy hell. There's a shocking difference in noise.

Don't get me started on what it sounds like if he starts to use the GPU AT ALL.

His computer is easily 5x as loud as mine - at idle. At load? 10x or more as loud.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 07:02 PM ----------

I wasnt saying that the space heater added to the sound. As a matter of fact, I was using it as a comparison of the sound relative to my system. /sigh
    nono, I'm saying it drowns out your computer fans' noise. Space heaters (at least the ones I've heard, a few) are just that loud.

At least they make places warm. Wish my dad would let me use the one down here in my basement. Gah. >_< Especially now that it is winter. Chicago area and the windows down here are fire escape windows aka not sealed/insulated. =S
    "A flower.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 07:02 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

nono, I'm saying it drowns out your computer fans' noise. Space heaters (at least the ones I've heard, a few) are just that loud.

At least they make places warm. Wish my dad would let me use the one down here in my basement. Gah. >_< Especially now that it is winter. Chicago area and the windows down here are fire escape windows aka not sealed/insulated. =S
    I got ya now! I've had a few heaters over the years, and this one is surprisingly quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    hot damm , how can you survive a 32" screen that close?
    Well, It actually has a full motion wall mount in the back. I never put it back after the repair guy came out to fix it the first time.. guess its time to put it back up there

10+ Year Old Account
    I got ya now! I've had a few heaters over the years, and this one is surprisingly quiet!
    OOooo link it if you can! I'd love a quiet, hopefully low-power consumption space heater.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    WOW some depth there Delt.... I only asked Jaynith a question and we end up here go get some fresh air have a beer or something

No harm intended in any way just relax a little man.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Yeah, there really wasnt much room, when I had it the damn side panel was so hard to put on and the cables actually made a dent in it. I'm glad I got a bigger case now lol.
    Ya i pulled the cables as much as i could through the back of the case.. the problem is the 12volt rail is like 1 inch too short to be run behind the case, and everything is already jampacked on the bottom feeds that i couldnt run anything else through it. As far as the modular theres only 4 plugs in there. 1 PCIexpress 8x6 2 sata power, 1 4pin power, its just that the cables are so damn long and the back panel is already stuffed that I couldnt feed the slack through without flexing the back case panel lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    WOW some depth there Delt.... I only asked Jaynith a question and we end up here go get some fresh air have a beer or something

No harm intended in any way just relax a little man.
    I'm perfectly relaxed.

Talking fans and such is fun.
    "A flower.

Oh tetris. <3 We've been over this before. :P Your average HAF X is yes, going to be louder.
    You could almost leave the components lying on the floor and you hardly would notice a difference in noise

OOooo link it if you can! I'd love a quiet, hopefully low-power consumption space heater.
    Here you go! http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-Cerami...sunbeam+heater

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 10:09 PM ----------

Additionally,

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God, the triple slotter cooler has returned...
    "A flower.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

NEW GPU

gonna kick some ass if you gonna come down here and try to take a shit on me
    Last edited by Frank Garrett; 2013-03-01 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Garrett View Post
    WTF is that case?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450