10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appled View Post
    Loving that setup Wries, how long did it take you to put all of that together? Wish I could save up the money to afford a setup like that , most of my money goes on rent/student related stuff so I'll probably have to wait a while til I get anything similar. Very jealous!
    Thanks! Nah obviously I'm not a student BUT, earlier I was saving up money to buy my own place, and during those years I just had a gaming rig, not always filled with high-end parts. I sat on Pentium II/III until ~2006! And I'm sure the first rig-pic I posted here either had a celeron D/RadeonHD2400 or Pentium E5200/RadeonHD4650. Possibly Q8400/RadeonHD4770.

Server, HTPC and a new laptop were bought and put together last year. The years before I just had my main rig (with 1x to 2x GTX 460) and a 15" Sony Vaio laptop. My HTPC was meant to be my server originally but it didn't work out as it makes some faint noise in idle that I could hear at night, and it was disturbing my sleep. So the server-PC behind the dishwasher is sort of an unplanned extra computer, but at least I don't have to see it or think much of it. It's just there, always on.
    Last edited by Wries; 2013-03-08 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Home Server
    Intel Core i5-3450 4c4t @ 3.3GHz
    Isn't that a little extreme for a home server?
    It will use more energy this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    My power bill is pretty cheap. But I started out with a Pentium G840. Turned out it couldn't handle airvideo (live transcoding of video for client device such as an ipad or iphone) when 3+ people wanted to see stuff. Mostly with gopro-footage it would suffice but not from other cameras using slightly heavier codecs to start out from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    With EIST and C1E these CPUs don't consume that much power when idle.

Looks good, Wries. Wouldn't mind more internal pictures!
    (Also, I think those monitors are still edge-lit. :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    just registered on overclockers.com and noticed this similar thread just like this one:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...92619&page=118

my question for linking is, what is the front panel on post #2342? and ugh... im prolly gonna spend a day browsing all their setups now too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maemae View Post
    just registered on overclockers.com and noticed this similar thread just like this one:

my question for linking is, what is the front panel on post #2342? and ugh... im prolly gonna spend a day browsing all their setups now too
    panel seems like a tablet/touchscreen fancontroller perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Looks good, Wries. Wouldn't mind more internal pictures!
    (Also, I think those monitors are still edge-lit. :P)
    Thanks! Most probably edge-lit, but not any bleed worth mentioning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maemae View Post

Appears to be some form of Android based tablet wedged into a pc case.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Still waiting on the temperature monitor and fan controller. Some new fans too cause, you know, my computer isn't as loud as deltrus' yet :P
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-03-09 at 08:44 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted

Moved to a new apartment and got myself a new desk. Haven't had time to install everything yet so will post a full update when I have done so.

Nice installation, I wish I could have this table ^^
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure it is just an Ikea Gallant.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Marest,

is there a reason you don't put the top cover on the FT02?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Marest,

Maybe he's been swapping things around and never got back to putting the cover back on? Also, isn't it an RV02?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Maybe he's been swapping things around and never got back to putting the cover back on? Also, isn't it an RV02?
    nah, it's an FT02, his build is one of the reasons i went with one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    It's mostly due to the massive mess of cables. I'll try to slim it down somewhat this time around, but considering how many peripherals I have plugged in it doesn't surprise me that it's almost impossible to get it on. There's a HDMI cable, DVI cable, two display-port cables, a total of 9 USB cables, Ethernet cable, headphone cable and power cable.

Also, it hinders airflow somewhat. I got my fans turned down so low they barely spin which makes them dead silent, but unfortunately that matters little as the reference 7970 is fairly loud even at the lowest manageable fan speed of 25% (which, with a clock of 700Mhz@0.899Vcore means an idle temperature of around 43-46C, and a max operating temperature while playing light games of around 82-88C). If I pop the lid on without increasing the fans (= more noise) that temperature rises to 90C which triggers the fan to spin up to around 50%. I simply like having one profile I can use in day-to-day work/gaming without my computer being too loud. I have a global hotkey for my 1.1GHz overclock with a custom fan curve that I trigger whenever I jump into a more demanding game.

And then I like the look and accessibility. Having your entire I/O right next to your desk is pretty awesome, especially since I swap keyboard and mouse daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    It's mostly due to the massive mess of cables. I'll try to slim it down somewhat this time around, but considering how many peripherals I have plugged in it doesn't surprise me that it's almost impossible to get it on. There's a HDMI cable, DVI cable, two display-port cables, a total of 9 USB cables, Ethernet cable, headphone cable and power cable.

Also, it hinders airflow somewhat. I got my fans turned down so low they barely spin which makes them dead silent, but unfortunately that matters little as the reference 7970 is fairly loud even at the lowest manageable fan speed of 25% (which, with a clock of 700Mhz@0.899Vcore means an idle temperature of around 43-46C, and a max operating temperature while playing light games of around 82-88C). If I pop the lid on without increasing the fans (= more noise) that temperature rises to 90C which triggers the fan to spin up to around 50%. I simply like having one profile I can use in day-to-day work/gaming without my computer being too loud. I have a global hotkey for my 1.1GHz overclock with a custom fan curve that I trigger whenever I jump into a more demanding game.

And then I like the look and accessibility. Having your entire I/O right next to your desk is pretty awesome, especially since I swap keyboard and mouse daily.
    What a coincidence, I moved my rig around yesterday to make the I/O more accessible. :P (Pictures coming up, just need to downscale them because I need to save as much bandwidth as possible, as my internet speeds go down to 128Kbit/s | 56Kbit/s once I go over 100GB.)

Damn, if I had went for the FT02 instead of the Node 605.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post

Holy hell... And I thought my Double D cooler was terrible. I didn't realize the reference coolers were that bad. Do you think it has anything to do with how much positive pressure is in your case?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Hey guys,

Here's my rig:

I was about to order a Titan, but I preferred the watch in my avatar ^^

Anyway:

3770k @ 4.7ghz
    MSI N670GTX PE 2GD5/OC
    Asus Maximus V Gene
    Corsair Professional Gold AX850
    Corsair Hydro h100
    Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX3M2A1866C9
    BenQ XL2420T
    IWC Ingenieur Double Chronograph Titanium

And the rest isn't quite that important...
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-03-18 at 10:59 AM.