Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Don't care for the Razer peripherals but everything else looks great! Really clean too!
    Just one Razer mousepad ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Thanks to NoTarget for providing the majority of the help I needed to pick the parts for this PC. Also a thanks to my freind Steve for actually helping me to build it.

My first time building a PC.

Codename: 'Heisenberg' (Formerly Mufasa MK III)
    is that the galant desk from ikea? how do u like it? i need more desk room but still deciding.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just one Razer mousepad ;P
    Haha fair enough! I couldn't be sure what your mouse and keyboard are from this far away. Tell us, what are your peripherals? I see the whole computer setup itself in your sig, but your mouse, keyboard, headset/phones, mic, monitor! And what are the posters?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Maemae View Post
    is that the galant desk from ikea? how do u like it? i need more desk room but still deciding.
    I have a Galant desk and it's fantastic; there's so much space and there's extensions for each end.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maemae View Post
    Yeah, indeed it is. It's a fairly good desk. I bought it for the height adjustment at the time. Well I think this is probably one of the smallest desks you can get, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're needing space. Other than that, it's very sturdy.

Deleted
    Haha fair enough! I couldn't be sure what your mouse and keyboard are from this far away. Tell us, what are your peripherals? I see the whole computer setup itself in your sig, but your mouse, keyboard, headset/phones, mic, monitor! And what are the posters?
    Sidewinder X4 and Logitech G400 I think? rest I'm not sure about.

@Sarithus

Looking good, glad it all turned out good and you're welcome!

Deleted
    Well I think this is probably one of the smallest desks you can get, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're needing space. Other than that, it's very sturdy.
    Just get one with a bigger table :P I also got one and i got plenty of space. Id say, geussing from your pic mine is about 1.5x as long

Deleted
    Notarget got them. Mouse is Logitech G400 and the Keyboard is a Sidewinder x4. Headset is incredibly old, and I've had like 8 pairs of them just because I'm familiar with the sound: Creative fatality. I like my cheap peripherals, they do they job. ;P Mic is a Samson CO1U condenser mic and the monitor is Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM.

Posters are of Walter from Breaking Bad, 2 LoTR ones and the other is from the Dark Knight rises. Crap movie, I just like Bane, lol.

I feel like I need to do a proper post about my setup like all you guys haha.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Thought I was gonna test my phone camera and upload a few pictures of my main rig before I install my Titan and get my RMA replacement for my H100i. Cable management is so so atm due to taking the H100i out temporarily. The cooler that is in there now is a H60.

Last edited by Lemmiwink; 2013-03-20 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Incoming, need to scale down pictures.

Deleted
    hey guys, finally able to post up my setup, now, got a few pics, not a simple set up mind you

now for the back of the case

yes you are seeing hard drives there

my set up
    case : Silverstone raven 3 RV03 with usb3 internal header model
    mobo : Asus P8Z77-LX
    CPU : Intel 3570 k clocked at 4.2 GHZ at stock volts
    CPU cooler : Zalman CNPS10X performa with stock fan without resistors
    Ram : teamgroup 2x4GB 1600 mhz
    GPU : sapphire 5770
    PSU : Corsair TX 650 watts
    soundcard : Asus xonar DG
    1 seagate 500 GB HDD as boot drive
    1 WD 1 TB blue for storage + games
    2x corsair SP fans for front intakes
    1 sharkoon 120mm fan for rear exhaust

sorry for so many photos, wanted to get the most out the of case, simply due to its design nature
    Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2013-03-20 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat build. Are you planning a big GPU upgrade soon, or just don't game that much?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    thank you, yep , I was aiming to possibly in a month or 2 time get a 7970 or 680 (price depending really), also noticed I havent got a decent shot of my internals, looked better at the time I guess, will try get a better photo at some point, I do game a lot, was aiming to actually buy the GPU once I got that built up, but the urge to go skiing was too much :P
    I will be doing an updated shot of this, gonna repaint those gold 'stripes' on the front, it can be taken off mind you, really really dont like the gold, but was the cheapest variation oddly enough

**** Today was my backup-day!

I use those 2 Lindy copy/clone stations with USB3.0. I use this solution for my PC and I really like the USB 3.0 speed and the cloning method HDD1->HDD2 without a connected PC a lot. A fast way for external backups but ugly as hell.

For my macbook I still use the very good integrated TimeMachine (Software) -> TimeCapsule (NAS, 2TB) + Safe Capsule (TimeCapsule Backup via USB). The only bad thing is the transfer speed, ist just sooooooooooooooooo slow.

What solution are you guys using to backup?
    Last edited by Ange; 2013-03-22 at 01:26 PM.
    -

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Praying to God.

=X
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

So I discovered that my G19 was having some sort of weird issue where the lcd screen would continually blink on and off and make everything but the basic keys unusable so I had to open it up and check out what was happening. Turns out that the wires that connect to the LCD aren't properly insulated and that was causing the problem, so I just wrapped them in some insulation tape and it seems to have fixed it. Cant believe this sort of thing is overlooked so easily, people are having problems left, right and centre and logitech insists that it has nothing to do with them or their hardware and that it's a motherboard issue. So for the next few days my keyboard will be a G19 just to see if it's working properly.

The wires in question

Sloppy job but I couldn't really do much short of pulling the pcb out because it's so cramped.

||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't backup.

My data is worth nothing to me. If my harddrives die tomorrow, i'm just going to get a new one and download stuff again. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I don't backup. My data is worth nothing to me. If my harddrives die tomorrow, i'm just going to get a new one and download stuff again. No problem.
    Same here. I don't keep anything on my gaming PC that is critical (my resume and work related stuff is stored on the cloud). If one of my SSDs died, I'd order a new one and spend an afternoon installing games.

I use the windows 7 backup thing that comes with the OS, and do weekly incremental back ups on to my 1.5TB Western Digital Elements usb 2 external. Takes about 45-60 min IIRC. Best part of it: it does it automatically with no need for me to do anything.

Cloud Backups wont work for me, I have many RAW/JPG pictures from photography and with all those files + the edited versions etc. it is a huge amount of data to backup.

@Marest
    I just saw the pictures from your "Project Red Piranha" and the clean build with all those hidden cables just looks outstanding esp. with the red/black theme.

In comparison my own gaming PC was put together in 60 mins and all I did was to make sure everything is well connected. The inside is full of loose cables, oversized cooler for CPU/GPU for a silent system and nothing more. Maybe I should spend more buildtime for my next gaming pc.
    -