Quote Originally Posted by Maemae View Post
    is that the galant desk from ikea? how do u like it? i need more desk room but still deciding.
    Get the expedit shelf (2x8) and grab the ''table/desk'' addon its amazing I Ve got two side by side

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Praying to God.

=X
    same here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    What solution are you guys using to backup?
    Cobian and Drive Bender, both on my server. I back up practically everything, including stuff like games from my main rig, which are easily replaceable, but only because I have the storage space. I'll start making sacrifices once I get a bit closer to running out, but as of now I'm at 1.17/5.91TB free. I also selectively use Crashplan for irreplaceable files (music, photos, books), as a secondary remote backup solution.

I keep my documents, photos and other images like wallpapers, avatars and such on Dropbox.
    Last edited by Berserker Cronus; 2013-03-23 at 04:28 AM.

For backup I have everything going to a 3TB Time Capsule (Windows just mounts it as a network share and use the built in software, the macs use Time Machine).
    In the garage I have a drobo that stores media connected to an airport extreme. Every night the Time Capsule gets backed up to the drobo (using rsync). If a hard disk dies I can restore from the Time Capsule, if a house fire happens then my garage will probably survive because it's not attached to my house: I can restore from the backups there losing < 24 hours of data.

Roughly ever 4-6 weeks I backup the drobo drives using one of those 'hard disk toaster' things (made by nextar, nexar, something like that). The total is 12 TB so I have to manually swap disks roughly once every 4 hours as the USB transfer speed is horribly slow. The backup disks are kept at my parents house about 50km out of town. If there's ever a regional disaster like a flood that destroys my neighborhood then I'll have a copy I can get from them. Most of the drobo data is media but it would take forever to redownload the music from itunes and I'm sure as hell not re-ripping the documentaries/movies: I don't even have most of the discs any more. Even if I could get it all from pirate websites it would still take a month or more to download several terabytes of data so it's worth the few hundred bucks to have a good quality back.

For anything super important like work I keep a copy or two on USB disk and a copy stored on AWS S3 (50gb is only ~ $50/year)

10+ Year Old Account
    New desk, new chair, new gaming setup complete!

Computer stuffs:
    I5 2300, 6GB DDR3, ASUS HD 7850, Antec 520W PSU, BitFenix Merc Alpha case.
    LG E2060T on the right, E2442 on the left.

Peripherals:
    Razer Goliathus Extended Speed edition, Razer Carcharias, Logitech G710+, Logitech G600 and Altec Lansing VS4621 2.1 speakers.

Other stuff:
    Sony PlayStation 3D display, PS2 & PS3.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2013-04-08 at 04:17 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

All the cool kids were posting their tablets, I figured I'd put up mine.

I probably do more gaming on it than my PC because I'm able to carry it with me. It's also able to run wow via splashtop well enough to check the AH while I'm on the train which is cool. If anybody has an Olympus Pen (EP3), maybe you can explain why the hell mine is stuck taking 'square' pictures. I lent it to my brother and he brought it back "weird".
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2013-03-25 at 02:21 AM.

Deleted
    what desk is that roberts? looks nice to replace my current desk (dual screen 27" so stuck with 2 desks to keep my setup running XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyb3r View Post
    what desk is that roberts? looks nice to replace my current desk (dual screen 27" so stuck with 2 desks to keep my setup running XD)
    Probably a Galant, from Ikea.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyb3r View Post
    its a galant from ikea.

edit: bah u beat me to it
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    It's this Galant setup specifically. Look at you Americans and your fancy low prices...that was $249 here in Ontario!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I got bored at night, so I took some pictures and went crazy with the blur tool.

Desktop

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945
    MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770
    RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Red
    HDD: 600GB Western Digital SATA
    SSD: 128GB Intel 300
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Black
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Monitor(s): 2x Acer S230HL 23"
    Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
    Mouse Pad: XTrac Pads Ripper

Laptop

CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    Display: 15.6" 1920x1080
    HDD: 750GB SATA

Last edited by Towstie; 2013-03-26 at 04:57 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This blurring bothers me. >_<

Please do what everyone else does.

AKA don't blur. =S It just doesn't even look right. x_x
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Bokeh has it's uses but it needs to be done carefully for good effect, and that's an example of doing it horribly wrong :S

@Sphexy thanks for posting pics! Your hardware is alright (the laptop is nice!) but the photography...has a long way to go. I see what you tried to do there, but don't let the effects get the better of you
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Bokeh has it's uses but it needs to be done carefully for good effect, and that's an example of doing it horribly wrong :S

@Sphexy thanks for posting pics! Your hardware is alright (the laptop is nice!) but the photography...has a long way to go. I see what you tried to do there, but don't let the effects get the better of you
    Hahah thanks, I'm not even close to being a photographer, I used an HD camcorder that takes pictures. The quality was subpar so I went for the focused blur look.

not as clean as what most of you guys do, but I lack patience and space (or skill)

cpu : i7-2600k (corsair H100 cooler)
    mobo : Asus Sabretooth Z77
    case : CORSAIR Vengeance C70 GunMetal
    Memory : 16 GB patriot Extreme masters
    GPU : Asus 580 GTX
    sound : soundblaster Xi-Fi titanium Fatality
    hdd's : Intel SSD 320 120GB and 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black in Raid 0
    Keyboard : Logitech G510 (might replace it soonish)
    Mouse : Steelseries Sensei

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    not as clean as what most of you guys do, but I lack patience and space (or skill)

cpu : i7-2600k (corsair H100 cooler)
    mobo : Asus Sabretooth Z77
    case : CORSAIR Vengeance C70 GunMetal
    Memory : 16 GB patriot Extreme masters
    GPU : Asus 580 GTX
    sound : soundblaster Xi-Fi titanium Fatality
    hdd's : Intel SSD 320 120GB and 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black in Raid 0
    Keyboard : Logitech G510 (might replace it soonish)
    Mouse : Steelseries Sensei
    Kinda a shame being that the only real benefit to a Sabertooth is how it looks in a clean build ><

It's really not that hard to hide your wires... just make sure you run everything behind the MoBo tray and only push through the amount of wire needed then zip tie it all up and you have a beautiful build. I would've opted for black memory however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Kinda a shame being that the only real benefit to a Sabertooth is how it looks in a clean build ><
    5 Year Warranty
    Great overclocker
    Reliable, good quality components
    Specific features you might want
    Technically you do get lower temps on the board but granted it's nothing that really matters.

Either way you're right, besides all that there isn't much extra you get for the extra ~$50 you pay (Sushi for two equivalent lol)

The cables are overlapping eachother everywhere. The cpu cable could come out of that hole in the left corner of your case and your PSU's molex cable shouldn't be sticking out in your case. You can extended the H100's molex cable btw, just hold the 3pin with your left hand and pull the molex plug with your right hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    A shame with such expensive hardware, sleeved cables would look AMAZING on that Sabertooth.

8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

That looks really awesome. I hope to achieve a similar look soon enough.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    That looks really awesome. I hope to achieve a similar look soon enough.
    Indeed, just ordered a new case & psu with sleeved cables just to have it like that
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)