Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    What solution are you guys using to backup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I don't backup. My data is worth nothing to me. If my harddrives die tomorrow, i'm just going to get a new one and download stuff again. No problem.
    Same here. I don't keep anything on my gaming PC that is critical (my resume and work related stuff is stored on the cloud). If one of my SSDs died, I'd order a new one and spend an afternoon installing games.

I use the windows 7 backup thing that comes with the OS, and do weekly incremental back ups on to my 1.5TB Western Digital Elements usb 2 external. Takes about 45-60 min IIRC. Best part of it: it does it automatically with no need for me to do anything.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Cloud Backups wont work for me, I have many RAW/JPG pictures from photography and with all those files + the edited versions etc. it is a huge amount of data to backup.

@Marest
    I just saw the pictures from your "Project Red Piranha" and the clean build with all those hidden cables just looks outstanding esp. with the red/black theme.

In comparison my own gaming PC was put together in 60 mins and all I did was to make sure everything is well connected. The inside is full of loose cables, oversized cooler for CPU/GPU for a silent system and nothing more. Maybe I should spend more buildtime for my next gaming pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Maemae View Post
    is that the galant desk from ikea? how do u like it? i need more desk room but still deciding.
    Get the expedit shelf (2x8) and grab the ''table/desk'' addon its amazing I Ve got two side by side

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Praying to God.

=X
    same here lol
    ENGLISH ISNT MY MAIN SPEC
    YOU NOW BREATH CONSCIOUSLY

Cobian and Drive Bender, both on my server. I back up practically everything, including stuff like games from my main rig, which are easily replaceable, but only because I have the storage space. I'll start making sacrifices once I get a bit closer to running out, but as of now I'm at 1.17/5.91TB free. I also selectively use Crashplan for irreplaceable files (music, photos, books), as a secondary remote backup solution.

I keep my documents, photos and other images like wallpapers, avatars and such on Dropbox.
    Last edited by Berserker Cronus; 2013-03-23 at 04:28 AM.

For backup I have everything going to a 3TB Time Capsule (Windows just mounts it as a network share and use the built in software, the macs use Time Machine).
    In the garage I have a drobo that stores media connected to an airport extreme. Every night the Time Capsule gets backed up to the drobo (using rsync). If a hard disk dies I can restore from the Time Capsule, if a house fire happens then my garage will probably survive because it's not attached to my house: I can restore from the backups there losing < 24 hours of data.

Roughly ever 4-6 weeks I backup the drobo drives using one of those 'hard disk toaster' things (made by nextar, nexar, something like that). The total is 12 TB so I have to manually swap disks roughly once every 4 hours as the USB transfer speed is horribly slow. The backup disks are kept at my parents house about 50km out of town. If there's ever a regional disaster like a flood that destroys my neighborhood then I'll have a copy I can get from them. Most of the drobo data is media but it would take forever to redownload the music from itunes and I'm sure as hell not re-ripping the documentaries/movies: I don't even have most of the discs any more. Even if I could get it all from pirate websites it would still take a month or more to download several terabytes of data so it's worth the few hundred bucks to have a good quality back.

For anything super important like work I keep a copy or two on USB disk and a copy stored on AWS S3 (50gb is only ~ $50/year)
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

New desk, new chair, new gaming setup complete!

Computer stuffs:
    I5 2300, 6GB DDR3, ASUS HD 7850, Antec 520W PSU, BitFenix Merc Alpha case.
    LG E2060T on the right, E2442 on the left.

Peripherals:
    Razer Goliathus Extended Speed edition, Razer Carcharias, Logitech G710+, Logitech G600 and Altec Lansing VS4621 2.1 speakers.

Other stuff:
    Sony PlayStation 3D display, PS2 & PS3.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2013-04-08 at 04:17 AM.
    "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything."

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul; Nibelung Valesti!"
    Old Warrior - New Warrior

All the cool kids were posting their tablets, I figured I'd put up mine.

I probably do more gaming on it than my PC because I'm able to carry it with me. It's also able to run wow via splashtop well enough to check the AH while I'm on the train which is cool. If anybody has an Olympus Pen (EP3), maybe you can explain why the hell mine is stuck taking 'square' pictures. I lent it to my brother and he brought it back "weird".
    Last edited by evn; 2013-03-25 at 02:21 AM.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

what desk is that roberts? looks nice to replace my current desk (dual screen 27" so stuck with 2 desks to keep my setup running XD)
    Case: Modded Chieftec Dragon remake(Full tower)(currently Blue) | MB: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 | CPU: i7 2600K
    CPU Cooling: Noctua Nh-D14 | PSU: Corsair AX 1200 | GPU: EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked Signature 2GB
    Network: Bigfoot Networks Killer 2100 | RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz | Screen: Samsung Syncmaster P2770 27" x2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyb3r View Post
    what desk is that roberts? looks nice to replace my current desk (dual screen 27" so stuck with 2 desks to keep my setup running XD)
    Probably a Galant, from Ikea.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyb3r View Post
    its a galant from ikea.

edit: bah u beat me to it
    My 2010-2014 Build *updated as of 4/4/14*
    Instagram follow @TheDrawingMil

It's this Galant setup specifically. Look at you Americans and your fancy low prices...that was $249 here in Ontario!
    "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything."

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul; Nibelung Valesti!"
    Old Warrior - New Warrior

I got bored at night, so I took some pictures and went crazy with the blur tool.

Desktop

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945
    MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770
    RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Red
    HDD: 600GB Western Digital SATA
    SSD: 128GB Intel 300
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Black
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Monitor(s): 2x Acer S230HL 23"
    Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
    Mouse Pad: XTrac Pads Ripper

Laptop

CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    Display: 15.6" 1920x1080
    HDD: 750GB SATA

Last edited by Sphexy; 2013-03-26 at 04:57 AM.
    Corsa | Korki | Gooni | Pootle | Anoxic | Boons | Ambitious | Orig | Your | Musclepump

This blurring bothers me. >_<

Please do what everyone else does.

AKA don't blur. =S It just doesn't even look right. x_x
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Bokeh has it's uses but it needs to be done carefully for good effect, and that's an example of doing it horribly wrong :S

@Sphexy thanks for posting pics! Your hardware is alright (the laptop is nice!) but the photography...has a long way to go. I see what you tried to do there, but don't let the effects get the better of you

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Bokeh has it's uses but it needs to be done carefully for good effect, and that's an example of doing it horribly wrong :S

@Sphexy thanks for posting pics! Your hardware is alright (the laptop is nice!) but the photography...has a long way to go. I see what you tried to do there, but don't let the effects get the better of you
    Hahah thanks, I'm not even close to being a photographer, I used an HD camcorder that takes pictures. The quality was subpar so I went for the focused blur look.
    Corsa | Korki | Gooni | Pootle | Anoxic | Boons | Ambitious | Orig | Your | Musclepump

not as clean as what most of you guys do, but I lack patience and space (or skill)

cpu : i7-2600k (corsair H100 cooler)
    mobo : Asus Sabretooth Z77
    case : CORSAIR Vengeance C70 GunMetal
    Memory : 16 GB patriot Extreme masters
    GPU : Asus 580 GTX
    sound : soundblaster Xi-Fi titanium Fatality
    hdd's : Intel SSD 320 120GB and 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black in Raid 0
    Keyboard : Logitech G510 (might replace it soonish)
    Mouse : Steelseries Sensei

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    not as clean as what most of you guys do, but I lack patience and space (or skill)

cpu : i7-2600k (corsair H100 cooler)
    mobo : Asus Sabretooth Z77
    case : CORSAIR Vengeance C70 GunMetal
    Memory : 16 GB patriot Extreme masters
    GPU : Asus 580 GTX
    sound : soundblaster Xi-Fi titanium Fatality
    hdd's : Intel SSD 320 120GB and 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black in Raid 0
    Keyboard : Logitech G510 (might replace it soonish)
    Mouse : Steelseries Sensei
    Kinda a shame being that the only real benefit to a Sabertooth is how it looks in a clean build ><

It's really not that hard to hide your wires... just make sure you run everything behind the MoBo tray and only push through the amount of wire needed then zip tie it all up and you have a beautiful build. I would've opted for black memory however.
    WoW - Windrunner: Snozzberries, Googs, Boryndon, Corndizzle, Kaylin, Georgejetson, Lentis, Knerd, Durlen, Marlevon

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Kinda a shame being that the only real benefit to a Sabertooth is how it looks in a clean build ><
    5 Year Warranty
    Great overclocker
    Reliable, good quality components
    Specific features you might want
    Technically you do get lower temps on the board but granted it's nothing that really matters.

Either way you're right, besides all that there isn't much extra you get for the extra ~$50 you pay (Sushi for two equivalent lol)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1130MHz/1750MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    The cables are overlapping eachother everywhere. The cpu cable could come out of that hole in the left corner of your case and your PSU's molex cable shouldn't be sticking out in your case. You can extended the H100's molex cable btw, just hold the 3pin with your left hand and pull the molex plug with your right hand.