1. #10781
    Dreadlord Ogait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    753
    I don't have any pictures at this moment, but I'll upload them tomorrow morning.

    Case: CoolerMaster CM690 II Advanced USB 3.0
    CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4 Ghz (3.8 Ghz Turbo)
    Ram: DDR3 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
    MB: Asus P8Z77-V
    Graphics: NVidia GTX670 2GB GDDR5
    HDD: 1TB Sata III 7200RPM
    SSD: Agility 3 240GB
    Peripherals:
    • Samsung LED 23" FULL HD
    • Razer Naga Molten
    • Steelseries Diablo III Headset
    • Random Keyboard (*)

    (*) - My next priority. Anyone have good suggestions? I don't want to spend more than 100€.
    Realm First Monk & Hellscream's Downfall

  2. #10782
    Mechagnome Ineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Guys, I realise it's fun to have fun, but do try to stay vaguely on topic instead of posting spam, please?
    Pretty please?
    It's always going to get back on track, someone is going to come along and post their rig, this "spam" is called people having fun which makes the thread all that more enjoyable.

    Inc ban/infraction. Aw well, just wanted to voice my opinion.
    Last edited by Ineko; 2013-03-30 at 11:42 AM.

  3. #10783
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    It's always going to get back on track, someone is going to come along and post their rig, this "spam" is called people having fun which makes the thread all that more enjoyable.

    Inc ban/infraction. Aw well, just wanted to voice my opinion.
    ---> Computer Forum Chat Thread, feel free to link the quote to a post in this thread
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  4. #10784

    Can't post images

    * Mod edit: You can, you just used the wrong tag!
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2013-03-30 at 08:47 PM.

  5. #10785
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    That mouse looks to be placed very uncomfortably.

  6. #10786
    Unfortunately, with the size of the new keyboard, I had no choice. I used to be able to fit both my mouse and old keyboard on the slide out. But, with my height/the height of my chair it isn't too bad actually.

  7. #10787
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawennomi View Post
    Unfortunately, with the size of the new keyboard, I had no choice. I used to be able to fit both my mouse and old keyboard on the slide out. But, with my height/the height of my chair it isn't too bad actually.
    Why don't you put the keyboard next to the mouse?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  8. #10788
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Why don't you put the keyboard next to the mouse?
    I use this desk for school work and such so I need the room

  9. #10789
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawennomi View Post
    /img
    Can't post images

    * Mod edit: You can, you just used the wrong tag!
    I'm sorry but this whole setup just looks extremely unnatural and uncomfortable. >_< Like. Where do your feet go? Your left wrist is also probably headed for carpal tunnel.

    Hint: Put your keyboard up on the level where your mouse is. :P Screw slide-outs! Terrible terrible invention!

  10. #10790
    Do you have to curve your back all the time to reach your mouse or whatever considering there's barely space to put your feet under the desk? Doesn't look wealthy really..

  11. #10791
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'm sorry but this whole setup just looks extremely unnatural and uncomfortable. >_< Like. Where do your feet go? Your left wrist is also probably headed for carpal tunnel.

    Hint: Put your keyboard up on the level where your mouse is. :P Screw slide-outs! Terrible terrible invention!
    But, where will my books go?! Lol, my feet go right below said invention. It's an extremely space saving set up. On the far right of the picture is a bed, to the left of me is another bed. I don't get much room since I share a room. It's honestly the best I could make of the situation. The arms of my chair come slightly above the slide-out, giving my left arm a slight bend down and my right arm a slight bend up, nice 'n comfy circulation :P

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 07:52 PM ----------

    Nah not really. I'm able to somehow fit my large size-15 feet slightly under the metal part and my long arms make up the difference. It's kind of hard to tell in this picture but there is some space there.

  12. #10792
    Warchief Prixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oostende, Belgium
    Posts
    2,010
    I was more confused by his speaker setup if anything.

  13. #10793
    People always comment on my mouse/keyboard set up....


  14. #10794

  15. #10795
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawennomi View Post
    But, where will my books go?! Lol, my feet go right below said invention. It's an extremely space saving set up. On the far right of the picture is a bed, to the left of me is another bed. I don't get much room since I share a room. It's honestly the best I could make of the situation. The arms of my chair come slightly above the slide-out, giving my left arm a slight bend down and my right arm a slight bend up, nice 'n comfy circulation :P

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 07:52 PM ----------

    Nah not really. I'm able to somehow fit my large size-15 feet slightly under the metal part and my long arms make up the difference. It's kind of hard to tell in this picture but there is some space there.
    Get rid of that stereo and boom, all the space you could ever need will open up!

  16. #10796
    Just upgraded the CPU, motherboard, the heatsink, 4 case fans and the GPU yesterday.

    Case: NZXT Tempest Evo
    CPU: i5 3750k (Upgrade from an AMD 965)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 (Upgraded from an AM3 mobo)
    GPU: 7870 2GB DDR5 (Upgrade from a 6850)
    Ram: 8 Gigs 1333 DC
    Power Supply: Corsair 850w
    1 TB Harddrive @ 7200 RPM
    Windows 7
    Monitors: 23" Dell linked up with my 32" Samsung TV.
    Headphones: Astro a50's.

    Microcenter (the best place in the world) has a lot of CPU/MOBO combos and I got the i5 and the Asus for $230 total. The 7870 was $220 and I got Assassins Creed III for free as well as the default free Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite. Newegg sells the i5 for $219 ALONE so I saved over $100 bucks.

    As someone living in New York City, this place is a gift from Odin because there aren't many stores dedicated to PC gaming and the ones that we have are small and the employees tend to be a hit or a miss. I highly recommend looking to see if there is one in driving distance from you. You can even buy all the parts for your rig and someone will put it together for a reasonable fee ($100 bucks ish I believe). That's far better than any of the online stores like Ibuypower and Cyberpower. I saw someone getting their finished rig and the employee went over all the stuff with the guy. Definitely a must for people who aren't confident enough to build their own PC.

  17. #10797
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Out of interest, any of our Sabertoothers using the little auxiliary fans that come with it, and can say how noisy they are and if they make a noticeable difference?
    I have both of them installed and yes they do make a noise. It's an odd noise too. I think the reason WHY I hear them is because I use a Coolermaster HAF case and it's very open. You can use the ASUS Suite fan program and make custom profiles for those aux fans and try to adjust it manually so you don't hear the fan noise.

    They are easy to put in and take out. Try both and see what you like. I prefer to keep them in since the board is designed for them with the channels to remove the hot air and cool the mobo a little better.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 12:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    A shame with such expensive hardware, sleeved cables would look AMAZING on that Sabertooth.
    Wow. That looks amazing. I wish I had the patience to do that. Did those cables come with the power supply? If not, what brand are they?
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2013-04-01 at 08:26 AM.

  18. #10798
    The Lightbringer Toffie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravijn View Post
    Wow. That looks amazing. I wish I had the patience to do that. Did those cables come with the power supply? If not, what brand are they?
    If you get the AX psu from corsair you can buy sleeved cables configured for only AX psu's
    http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supp...bles-blue.html

    Silverstone also sells them seperatly for some of their units, very worth it !
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

    4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

  19. #10799
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravijn View Post
    Wow. That looks amazing. I wish I had the patience to do that. Did those cables come with the power supply? If not, what brand are they?
    They are accessories you can purchase from corsair.
    WoW - Windrunner: Snozzberries, Googs, Boryndon, Corndizzle, Kaylin, Georgejetson, Lentis, Knerd, Durlen, Marlevon


  20. #10800
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    If you get the AX psu from corsair you can buy sleeved cables configured for only AX psu's
    http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supp...bles-blue.html

    Silverstone also sells them seperatly for some of their units, very worth it !
    Thanks for the info! Now I know what PSU to get next and I can use your pic as a template since we have similar cases. Any chance of getting a back shot of your motherboard?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •