10+ Year Old Account
    That mouse looks to be placed very uncomfortably.

Unfortunately, with the size of the new keyboard, I had no choice. I used to be able to fit both my mouse and old keyboard on the slide out. But, with my height/the height of my chair it isn't too bad actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nawennomi View Post
    Unfortunately, with the size of the new keyboard, I had no choice. I used to be able to fit both my mouse and old keyboard on the slide out. But, with my height/the height of my chair it isn't too bad actually.
    Why don't you put the keyboard next to the mouse?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Why don't you put the keyboard next to the mouse?
    I use this desk for school work and such so I need the room

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    /img
    Can't post images

* Mod edit: You can, you just used the wrong tag!
    I'm sorry but this whole setup just looks extremely unnatural and uncomfortable. >_< Like. Where do your feet go? Your left wrist is also probably headed for carpal tunnel.

Hint: Put your keyboard up on the level where your mouse is. :P Screw slide-outs! Terrible terrible invention!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Do you have to curve your back all the time to reach your mouse or whatever considering there's barely space to put your feet under the desk? Doesn't look wealthy really..

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'm sorry but this whole setup just looks extremely unnatural and uncomfortable. >_< Like. Where do your feet go? Your left wrist is also probably headed for carpal tunnel.

Hint: Put your keyboard up on the level where your mouse is. :P Screw slide-outs! Terrible terrible invention!
    But, where will my books go?! Lol, my feet go right below said invention. It's an extremely space saving set up. On the far right of the picture is a bed, to the left of me is another bed. I don't get much room since I share a room. It's honestly the best I could make of the situation. The arms of my chair come slightly above the slide-out, giving my left arm a slight bend down and my right arm a slight bend up, nice 'n comfy circulation :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 07:52 PM ----------

Nah not really. I'm able to somehow fit my large size-15 feet slightly under the metal part and my long arms make up the difference. It's kind of hard to tell in this picture but there is some space there.

Deleted
    I was more confused by his speaker setup if anything.

People always comment on my mouse/keyboard set up....

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But, where will my books go?! Lol, my feet go right below said invention. It's an extremely space saving set up. On the far right of the picture is a bed, to the left of me is another bed. I don't get much room since I share a room. It's honestly the best I could make of the situation. The arms of my chair come slightly above the slide-out, giving my left arm a slight bend down and my right arm a slight bend up, nice 'n comfy circulation :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 07:52 PM ----------

Nah not really. I'm able to somehow fit my large size-15 feet slightly under the metal part and my long arms make up the difference. It's kind of hard to tell in this picture but there is some space there.
    Get rid of that stereo and boom, all the space you could ever need will open up!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Just upgraded the CPU, motherboard, the heatsink, 4 case fans and the GPU yesterday.

Case: NZXT Tempest Evo
    CPU: i5 3750k (Upgrade from an AMD 965)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 (Upgraded from an AM3 mobo)
    GPU: 7870 2GB DDR5 (Upgrade from a 6850)
    Ram: 8 Gigs 1333 DC
    Power Supply: Corsair 850w
    1 TB Harddrive @ 7200 RPM
    Windows 7
    Monitors: 23" Dell linked up with my 32" Samsung TV.
    Headphones: Astro a50's.

Microcenter (the best place in the world) has a lot of CPU/MOBO combos and I got the i5 and the Asus for $230 total. The 7870 was $220 and I got Assassins Creed III for free as well as the default free Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite. Newegg sells the i5 for $219 ALONE so I saved over $100 bucks.

As someone living in New York City, this place is a gift from Odin because there aren't many stores dedicated to PC gaming and the ones that we have are small and the employees tend to be a hit or a miss. I highly recommend looking to see if there is one in driving distance from you. You can even buy all the parts for your rig and someone will put it together for a reasonable fee ($100 bucks ish I believe). That's far better than any of the online stores like Ibuypower and Cyberpower. I saw someone getting their finished rig and the employee went over all the stuff with the guy. Definitely a must for people who aren't confident enough to build their own PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Out of interest, any of our Sabertoothers using the little auxiliary fans that come with it, and can say how noisy they are and if they make a noticeable difference?
    I have both of them installed and yes they do make a noise. It's an odd noise too. I think the reason WHY I hear them is because I use a Coolermaster HAF case and it's very open. You can use the ASUS Suite fan program and make custom profiles for those aux fans and try to adjust it manually so you don't hear the fan noise.

They are easy to put in and take out. Try both and see what you like. I prefer to keep them in since the board is designed for them with the channels to remove the hot air and cool the mobo a little better.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    A shame with such expensive hardware, sleeved cables would look AMAZING on that Sabertooth.
    Wow. That looks amazing. I wish I had the patience to do that. Did those cables come with the power supply? If not, what brand are they?
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-04-01 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravijn View Post
    Wow. That looks amazing. I wish I had the patience to do that. Did those cables come with the power supply? If not, what brand are they?
    If you get the AX psu from corsair you can buy sleeved cables configured for only AX psu's
    http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supp...bles-blue.html

Silverstone also sells them seperatly for some of their units, very worth it !
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

They are accessories you can purchase from corsair.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    If you get the AX psu from corsair you can buy sleeved cables configured for only AX psu's
    http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supp...bles-blue.html

Silverstone also sells them seperatly for some of their units, very worth it !
    Thanks for the info! Now I know what PSU to get next and I can use your pic as a template since we have similar cases. Any chance of getting a back shot of your motherboard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info! Now I know what PSU to get next and I can use your pic as a template since we have similar cases. Any chance of getting a back shot of your motherboard?
    Sadly that is not my case :/ I just ordered the AX760/sleeved cables & NZXT Phantom. I will upload the build and hopefully it'll be more awesome than the HAF-X I posted
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Can't wait!

Thanks!

'lo there folks

Figured I'd drop my lil' guy here.... and a closer look:

Yup, that's a 10.1" Tablet... The VivoTab Smart... It freaked some people out in the airport when I pulled the lil' guy out and started gaming on it :P

And then I come home, and all is well again:

I do have a "proper" gaming laptop (Yes, my job requires me to move around a lot) but it's at the office ATM.

Cheers
    Past 'rigs in service (Now the dad's gaming rig):

Current 'rigs:

Quote Originally Posted by Diber View Post
    Figured I'd drop my lil' guy here.... and a closer look
    Holy headaches batman! That is cool, but I don't think my eyes could take it.