Rofl... thank God. Thought you were from America and meant like they took that long to fix crap! XD I live in Illinois and the RMA address is in Indiana lol so was going to say. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    Method... excuse. Whatever word you want to pick the "mess" doesn't effect the preformance and that's really all I care about.

Also yes sleeved cables imo are a waste of money as they provide no preformance benefit to anything. You could argue the same for the Formula but the Sabertooth was giving me a lot of problems and it's takes over a month for a single RMA. Ain't nobody got time forthat.

But I still appreciate the feedback . I took the liberty of moving the gpu cables behind the motherboard which helped clean it up a tad. But really everything else is just part of the build.
    I think what Tetris means is that first off, you've spent a few bucks on the loop, why not have compression fittings instead of that rear mounted rad? You doubled the amount of hose stretches right there and you will see maybe, maybe 0.1C difference. I would also not have a bay res/pump like that if it meant I couldn't fit my HDD's and I get a 45CM hose stretched right across the case. That was the first thing I noticed and my palm almost broke my nose lol....

No, but seriously, the loop performs well, I can see what you mean but you have alot of potential there if you're willing to reconfigure the loop abit. My motto for WC is: Don't just take a hose and start connecting, sit down, draw up, measure, think, go to sleep, check next day if you still like what you have drawn. And, do something with the cable management. Otherwise, it probably cools very nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I think what Tetris means is that first off, you've spent a few bucks on the loop, why not have compression fittings instead of that rear mounted rad? You doubled the amount of hose stretches right there and you will see maybe, maybe 0.1C difference. I would also not have a bay res/pump like that if it meant I couldn't fit my HDD's and I get a 45CM hose stretched right across the case. That was the first thing I noticed and my palm almost broke my nose lol....

No, but seriously, the loop performs well, I can see what you mean but you have alot of potential there if you're willing to reconfigure the loop abit. My motto for WC is: Don't just take a hose and start connecting, sit down, draw up, measure, think, go to sleep, check next day if you still like what you have drawn. And, do something with the cable management. Otherwise, it probably cools very nicely
    I really don't understand what you are saying. You are talking about compression fittings and the radiator in the back in the same sentence like one effects the other. If you mean use compression fittings over barbs then I would point out compressions are 3x the cost and at 14 barbs in the original loop plus a couple spares you're talking probably $100 plus extra just in little pieces of metal.

I had a cage in the bottom of the case originally but at the time I had two 3.5" drives and 3 SSDs so I had to use it. Now I have 1 HDD and 2 SSDs (which I velcroed inside the case) which left 1 3.5" drive. I could have just put all 3 inside the cage but it was honestly more of a pain in the ass because the cage sits almost right beside the PSU.

The loop order is about efficient as it's going to get. A tube HAS to cross the case no matter how I do this particular loop. Well that or right over the CPU block which will just get in the way when I need to take it off. I already acknowledged I could cut an inch or so off two of the hoses but it's not worth the effort of: draining-unscrewing-cutting-screwing-refilling-bleeding-leak testing
    just so I can make it look a bit better. And I still don't understand the cable management Literally every cable but the obnoxiously long GPU cables (which I've since routed behind as mentioned in a previous post) were behind the motherboard or tucked out of the way.
    Shamalaman
    The best stat for Ele is resto.
    I7 3930k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 680GTX Lightningx2 SLI | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz | Agility 3 128GB(OS) Samsung 840 500GB(Games) | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Nanoxia DS1 |

I sort of understand what happened, but I do agree with Tetris that the tubing from frontres to top rad isn't very pretty, and cables are a bit of a mess. I'm not going to claim to know how it turned out this way though, and it's still a very respectable build one way or the other.

The cable routing might look better in person, but it looks like a weird mess from the view shown in the pictures.

Stood in the Fire
    100% complete. New Graphics card is in place and I have had much fun playing everything on ultra Went with a Gigabyte windforce3 Ghz edition

Ignore the sellotape on the flightstick, its a cheap horrid one, with no weigh. Sudden movements and I accidentally throw the thing at a wall :/ Quite messy inside, but I've done the best I can. No USB3.0 header on mobo, so I have a PCI card added in, Hence the molex going across the back of my GPU Unfortunate but not that big a problem.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2013-04-21 at 11:31 AM.

CPU:
    Intel i5-2500k (4GHz) MB: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3
    GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce3 OC 7970 (1.1GHz) RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws x 16GB 1600MHz
    SSD:
    Crucial m4 128GBx2(RAID0) HDD: 1TB Caviar Black / 500GB Caviar Blue (recording)
    CASE:
    Corsair Carbide 300R PSU: Corsair TX650 v2

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Congratulations to your new GPU! Must feel fantastic!
    I would still consider watching a guide on cable management, but you're likely fine as-is.

http://kuvaton.com/k/YEIM.jpg

Thumbnails please.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-04-21 at 06:00 PM.
    CPU: INTEL CORE I7 3930K @ 4.60 GHZ | 46 X 100 MHZ | L2: 6 X 256K
    RAM: 16384 MB DDR3-SDRAM @ 933.4MHZ (9-10-9-27) | CORSAIR
    MB: ASUS | SABERTOOTH X79 | INTEL SANDY BRIDGE-E
    GPU: GeForce GTX 680 | 4096MB | PNY

moved house recently and this is my new setup. it's pretty much complete apart from a couple of small changes. Firstly I need some longer monitor cables so that they can run round the back of my desk and up through the gap behind them. The problem is that I've bought 4+ 3/4m DVI cables now and none of them have actually worked. They either show no picture, or the picture flickers. That's why I have the cable going underneath my keyboard and straight to the second monitor. It looks really crappy but I haven't been able to get it to work any other way.

Second thing I need to try and sort out is the extra table leg. I couldn't find a 'proper' corner desk to fit my dimensions so I just bought two vika amon desks from Ikea and put them at a right angle - that means I have a random table leg sticking out which you can see in the picture. The good thing is that it doesn't really get in the way in the position I use my computer at, so it's not a major issue. I could use some under brackets to secure the two tables together and remove the leg but I don't think it will be sturdy enough to bother doing it. I'd rather have a sturdy desk and a slightly annoying leg than no leg and weak table.

Computer specs are currently an Asus z77 plus LE mobo, 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb 2133mhz RAM, R6870 graphics card, Noctua NHD14, Corsair 650 watt psu and it's in a Corsair 600t. I'm hoping to upgrade the graphics card soon, along with a modular power supply and possibly a new case. The monitor stands are Ikea Galant table extensions with the Capita kitchen legs screwed into the bottom. They're really quite great!
    Last edited by crazypearce; 2013-04-23 at 11:04 AM. Reason: images

Coolermaster HAF 932
    Intel 3770K - 4.2ghz
    Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    Gigabyte GTX 570
    8gb 1600 OCZ Ram
    Asus Xonar STX Sound Card
    Yamasaki Catleap 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor - OC 120hz
    Yamasaki Catleap 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor - 60hz
    G510 Keyboard
    G9 Mouse
    Sennheiser HD 380 pro headphones
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > PoE.HC > Wushu v
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    Coolermaster HAF 932
    Intel 3770K - 4.2ghz
    Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    Gigabyte GTX 570
    8gb 1600 OCZ Ram
    Asus Xonar STX Sound Card
    Yamasaki Catleap 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor - OC 120hz
    Yamasaki Catleap 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor - 60hz
    G510 Keyboard
    G9 Mouse
    Sennheiser HD 380 pro headphones
    pictures?
    also how are things working with 1440p + 120Hz with a single 570?

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    moved house recently and this is my new setup. it's pretty much complete apart from a couple of small changes. Firstly I need some longer monitor cables so that they can run round the back of my desk and up through the gap behind them. The problem is that I've bought 4+ 3/4m DVI cables now and none of them have actually worked. They either show no picture, or the picture flickers. That's why I have the cable going underneath my keyboard and straight to the second monitor. It looks really crappy but I haven't been able to get it to work any other way.

Second thing I need to try and sort out is the extra table leg. I couldn't find a 'proper' corner desk to fit my dimensions so I just bought two vika amon desks from Ikea and put them at a right angle - that means I have a random table leg sticking out which you can see in the picture. The good thing is that it doesn't really get in the way in the position I use my computer at, so it's not a major issue. I could use some under brackets to secure the two tables together and remove the leg but I don't think it will be sturdy enough to bother doing it. I'd rather have a sturdy desk and a slightly annoying leg than no leg and weak table.

Computer specs are currently an Asus z77 plus LE mobo, 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb 2133mhz RAM, R6870 graphics card, Noctua NHD14, Corsair 650 watt psu and it's in a Corsair 600t. I'm hoping to upgrade the graphics card soon, along with a modular power supply and possibly a new case. The monitor stands are Ikea Galant table extensions with the Capita kitchen legs screwed into the bottom. They're really quite great!
    I freaking love your case man, looks great! Seems like a small area to game but it looks cozy

right 1 major update to my setup

my old card next to the new card, just to show the size diff

im quite happy :P

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    pictures?
    also how are things working with 1440p + 120Hz with a single 570?
    When I get home I'll try to take a decent shot. I bought the OC version when it was cheap. I usually play D3/PoE/Age of Wushu atm and I have been getting around 80 FPS on D3 and 120 on PoE. I don't play with AA and I use medium settings which look fine to me on the IPS panels. I was going to update my card when I bought the monitor but something came up. I have the money now to update but then people are saying 7xx series coming next month I thought I would wait. Now with people saying the 7xx is not going to be very special I don't know what I'll update to.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > PoE.HC > Wushu v
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Finally decided I'm going to "mod" my old Antec 900 v1, will post pictures once I'm done.

Rough idea of what I'm currently planning to do:

Use a Hole Saw to add some cable management holes and route everything behind the board, now I have a fully modular PSU this should be completely possible.
    Considering covering the dull, grey mobo backboard with carbon fibre for a better look.
    Considering spraying the insides of the case, apart from the mobo tray in a gun metal grey colour.

Nothing overly exciting but should clear up my case a bit and improve it's look!

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    When I get home I'll try to take a decent shot. I bought the OC version when it was cheap. I usually play D3/PoE/Age of Wushu atm and I have been getting around 80 FPS on D3 and 120 on PoE. I don't play with AA and I use medium settings which look fine to me on the IPS panels. I was going to update my card when I bought the monitor but something came up. I have the money now to update but then people are saying 7xx series coming next month I thought I would wait. Now with people saying the 7xx is not going to be very special I don't know what I'll update to.
    OT a bit but I like and dislike Age of Wushu its a little akward to figure out but the combat system is awesome.

update: bought a 670 ftw 2 edition.

just need a modular power supply with blue braided cables and possibly a new case for my build to be complete.

The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    Make way for this beast of a bad boy, you don't want to get run over. /sarcasm

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    It's not really bad either. Clock the CPU up to 2.5, possibly 3.2 if you're super lucky and you have a decent replacement rig. I also see you have the 4:3 version of 1920x1200. Wish there was a 16:9.

The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    It's not really bad either. Clock the CPU up to 2.5, possibly 3.2 if you're super lucky and you have a decent replacement rig. I also see you have the 4:3 version of 1920x1200. Wish there was a 16:9.
    Yeah, I have no clue how to, and if I break something I won't be getting a replacement all that soon.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Congratulations to your new GPU! Must feel fantastic!
    I would still consider watching a guide on cable management, but you're likely fine as-is.
    It pretty much needs to be completely redone, I routed some cables through the wrong places e.t.c and i really cant be bothered to sort it all out some cables (like the fan cables you can see for E.G) just had too short a wire, and need an extension cable :P Airflow must be fine, even with OC's my peak temps are 60~65c that's with both at 100% load too, for 8 hours. thats an overnight furmark and Prime95 (at the same time) the 2500k happily sits at 80-90c and the GPU is good for 70-80 from what googles told me so i have no concerns.

But yea, the GPU is AWESOME! going from low to Ultra on every game i have is just so pleasing. Even for £300 :P

CPU:
    Intel i5-2500k (4GHz) MB: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3
    GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce3 OC 7970 (1.1GHz) RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws x 16GB 1600MHz
    SSD:
    Crucial m4 128GBx2(RAID0) HDD: 1TB Caviar Black / 500GB Caviar Blue (recording)
    CASE:
    Corsair Carbide 300R PSU: Corsair TX650 v2