Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Absolutely stunning! Black and white builds are my favorite, you're making me want to go back to a mid-tower build so I can do something similar! Kudos.
    Thanks alot. Means alot coming from you guys. Spend a lot of time trying to get it perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamari View Post
    Thanks alot. Means alot coming from you guys. Spend a lot of time trying to get it perfect.
    Do you manage the cables when they go into the slots in the back? Or do you do like I do and just shove them in there?
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    Do you manage the cables when they go into the slots in the back? Or do you do like I do and just shove them in there?
    I try as much as possible. The main reason why I mounted the HDD that way was to reduce the cable clutter. But one of the problems with the Storm Trooper and Stryker is the limited debth by the back panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamari View Post
    I try as much as possible. The main reason why I mounted the HDD that way was to reduce the cable clutter. But one of the problems with the Storm Trooper and Stryker is the limited debth by the back panel.
    Yeah, one of the biggest issues with cable management in my case is from the 4 drives I have. I have a HAF X so it's beefy enough to sorta handle just shoving in the cables behind the back panel. Not to mention the loads of excess power cables from my non-modular PSU....
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Waaaaagh, Corsair's sleeved kits make things too easy :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Waaaaagh, Corsair's sleeved kits make things too easy :S
    I must admit I really like them. Ofcourse sleeving the cables myself would look better, but I really don't have the time or expertise to do so.
    So I'll have to make due with these

my current rig sucks. Im getting a new one soon.

My new PC is going to be a
    Case BitFenix Colossus
    Core i7 3770k
    RAM 16gb
    HDD 120g SSD and 1 TB Sata
    GFX Nvidia 680 gtx 2gb (would love a 690 but they are $1000 on its own... ouch!)

Still saving up to get it

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    updated rig
    the patient;

the final abomination;

to those wondering, yes my fans are placed by zip-ties due to mobo having a too big heatsink so my fans are +- 0,5 cm above the holes for the screws.
    however the result is worth it mid 70's as max load temps @ 5,0 Ghz/1,4Vcore, 1,352 after Vdroop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    updated rig
    the patient;
    Nice, which method did you use? Exactoknife or tapping it on the bench?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Nice, which method did you use? Exactoknife or tapping it on the bench?
    tapping on the bench. (actually took way more force then i expected)
    knife option had no result at all. (even medical scalpel couldn't get inbetween )
    still waiting for some CLU to arrive might be able to knock off another few degrees. (using noctua NT-H1 for now)

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    tapping on the bench. (actually took way more force then i expected)
    knife option had no result at all. (even medical scalpel couldn't get inbetween )
    still waiting for some CLU to arrive might be able to knock off another few degrees. (using noctua NT-H1 for now)
    Lol you made a johnny of that pc :P.. Ye use CLU for the die & for the ihs nt-h1 is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Lol you made a johnny of that pc :P.. Ye use CLU for the die & for the ihs nt-h1 is fine.
    aye that was the plan for the TIM's , although the noctua one is like the second best TIM why settle for less (i know there's also the one use metal alloy but that seems kinda iffy tbh)
    as for looks of the rig , for a first rig im very pleased about it and have learned allot allong the way. (looking at you non modulair PSU!/ HAF case )

10+ Year Old Account
    How did that improve across the cores Shroudster? My temps are like this : core 1 = 71 c max core 2 = 90 c max, would it help on even them out? I guess theres not much thermal paste across all cores?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    How did that improve across the cores Shroudster? My temps are like this : core 1 = 71 c max core 2 = 90 c max, would it help on even them out? I guess theres not much thermal paste across all cores?
    there is actually quite allot of crappy intel paste once delidded.
    first attempt my temps were improving but still big core difference, turned out i missed a small spot which caused my 2nd core to run way hotter.
    so far my understanding of it is that you need just the right amount of paste. (however too much isn't that bad either, saw a ridiculious example of a full tube of noctua paste only gave a +5 degrees result vs good application)
    if core temps are still not more equal then it is time for lapping. (only did it a little due to not having fine enough sanding paper)

It's nice to see someone else ballsy enough for such mods to their hardware.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is prolly the last pic ill post of mine, made some changes and they should be the last ones. Got a new asus soundcard, put my platinum ram in and just worked on tidying things up a bit more.

edit:
    gtx 680
    3570k @ 4.6 w/ h100i
    gigabyte sniper mobo
    asus xonar st
    corsair 600t case
    16 gb dominator platinum ram @ 1800
    fans are nf-f12s
    Last edited by Maruka; 2013-05-02 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    really nice and tidy build, however, are all the fans exhausts ?, if so, id have more fans being intakes then outtakes, less dust build up, even using filters, massive positive pressure is a must, keeps the insides cleaner for longer

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got everything set up and I couldn't be more happy with it! I did the speaker wiring/drywall patching/painting my self but I still need to pick up a bunch of smaller HDMI cables to get everything a little more clean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    really nice and tidy build, however, are all the fans exhausts ?, if so, id have more fans being intakes then outtakes, less dust build up, even using filters, massive positive pressure is a must, keeps the insides cleaner for longer

the ones on the front are intakes and i have a fan on the side that is off the case also pushing air in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtakes View Post
    Somebody wants to go for a walk.