1. #11061
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubity View Post
    speakers- no idea, brother gave it to me.
    They look like Logitech X-230's.

  2. #11062
    got my new fans! the computer is whisper silent. I can't hear anything, even on max load.


  3. #11063
    Mechagnome protput's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    got my new fans! the computer is whisper silent. I can't hear anything, even on max load.

    [img]http://i.imgur.com/XtfYDpsm.jpg
    Looks good!
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

  4. #11064
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    got my new fans! the computer is whisper silent. I can't hear anything, even on max load.

    snippet
    They're the corsair fans right? I think I need to get some because I installed 5 Arctic F12s and my PC is quite loud, had to get a fan controller to turn them all down or off completely through the night.
    Last edited by carebear; 2013-05-16 at 03:12 PM.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  5. #11065
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,110
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    They're the corsair fans right? I think I need to get some because I installed 5 Arctic F12s and my PC is quite loud, had to get a fan controller to turn them all down or off completely through the night.
    While fans do differ in noise levels depending on RPM, their differences are somewhat moot if you plug them directly into the PSU because they'll be blasting away at 12v. Even motherboard headers tend to default to max RPM or have shoddy voltage control.
    You made a good decision to buy a fan controller, especially one which allows you to turn fans off completely. Very handy!

    My own rig is is full of Corsair AF/SP fans but I still wouldn't run them at stock speeds despite them being the quiet editions...but then again, I have pretty crazy standards when it comes to what "quiet" means :S
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-05-16 at 05:57 PM.

  6. #11066
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    17,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    While fans do differ in noise levels depending on RPM, their differences are somewhat moot if you plug them directly into the PSU because they'll be blasting away at 12v. Even motherboard headers tend to default to max RPM or have shoddy voltage control.
    You made a good decision to buy a fan controller, especially one which allows you to turn fans off completely. Very handy!

    My own rig is is full of Corsair AF/SP fans but I still wouldn't run them at stock speeds despite them being the quiet editions...but then again, I have pretty crazy standards when it comes to what "quiet" means :S
    As ugly as the NZXT Sentry 2 is, I do love being able to turn the fans off.

    omg save that .0001 watts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  7. #11067
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,110
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    omg save that .0001 watts!
    It's all about the silence my friend, blissful peaceful silence.

    Plus if you have headphones plugged directly into the PC it can actually help reduce vibrations which travel up the cord. Probably unnoticeable but bleh :S

  8. #11068
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    17,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's all about the silence my friend, blissful peaceful silence.

    Plus if you have headphones plugged directly into the PC it can actually help reduce vibrations which travel up the cord. Probably unnoticeable but bleh :S
    I would expect you of all people to know that a full-tower case with 200mm~ fans at 40% of 3.3v or 5v isn't going to have any vibrations.

    Plus my headphones have a very fat cord. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  9. #11069
    Looks like it will be another 10-15 days or so before the 900D arrives and I can start putting together my watercooling loop so I did a little touch up on the Switch810. Thinking this is kinda the theme I will be going for in the 900D as well, only CPU and GPU will have a waterblock on them and I will use the FusionThermo on the MB.

    Let me know what you think about my color theme etc. Blocks I will be using are: EK-FC GTX Titan XXL incl. backplate and EK Supremacy Acetal Nickel





  10. #11070

  11. #11071
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    i expect the red ones to go faster
    looks pretty nifty only shame on the green of the titan that kinda looks out of place.
    i'd be nice if the color on those was changeable, but i don't see nvidia ever putting red LEDs in

    i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    ROG Swift PG348Q | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

  12. #11072
    Pit Lord Ghâzh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    2,272
    Maybe you could paint over it? Should work quite well if you are just careful.

  13. #11073
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Maybe you could paint over it? Should work quite well if you are just careful.
    I'm not sure how well that would work, the letter glows green.

  14. #11074
    Pit Lord Ghâzh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    2,272
    I can't say for sure because I don't own one but it's most likely white leds shining trough plastic painted green. If you repainted it red it should glow red? Even if it lost some of the "glow" in the process and only looked red it would still look better, in my opinion.

    Sweet looking build nonetheless, Lemmiwink!

  15. #11075
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Looks like it will be another 10-15 days or so before the 900D arrives and I can start putting together my watercooling loop so I did a little touch up on the Switch810. Thinking this is kinda the theme I will be going for in the 900D as well, only CPU and GPU will have a waterblock on them and I will use the FusionThermo on the MB.

    Let me know what you think about my color theme etc. Blocks I will be using are: EK-FC GTX Titan XXL incl. backplate and EK Supremacy Acetal Nickel
    Nice setup. Do you have the individually sleeved cable set from Corsair?

  16. #11076
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I can't say for sure because I don't own one but it's most likely white leds shining trough plastic painted green. If you repainted it red it should glow red? Even if it lost some of the "glow" in the process and only looked red it would still look better, in my opinion.

    Sweet looking build nonetheless, Lemmiwink!
    Let's go back to 2nd grade and what happens when you mix secondary colours with primary colours.

    Green + Red = Brown
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  17. #11077
    Well the geforce logo doesn't matter so much since I'm putting this http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-...backplate.html on it as soon as my 900D arrives. The cables are self sleeved extensions, will be going for the corsair sleeved ones as soon as they arrive (also with my 900D). This was really just a touch up to test the color scheme.

  18. #11078
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    17,120
    That thing looks absolutely gorgeous...

    Can I have your Titan cooler?
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  19. #11079
    Pit Lord Ghâzh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    2,272
    Yes, yes..
    And then you must paint it red so we can see what happens.

  20. #11080
    Immortal Evolixe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i'd be nice if the color on those was changeable, but i don't see nvidia ever putting red LEDs in
    Lol. Would call them traitorous
    i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz|16GB DDR4 2667MHz OC|EVGA GTX 670 FTW|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •