1. #11061
    CPU i7-3770K @4,6.
    RAM Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 16GB
    SSD Crucial m4 SSD 2.5" 128GB os goes here
    HDD Seagate Barracuda® 1TB storage
    GPU ASUS GeForce GTX670 4GB DCII PCI-E
    Mobo MSI Z77A-G43, Socket-1155
    Samsung DVD±RW SH-224BB/BEBE SATA BLACK
    Corsair Cooling Hydro H60 CPU K
    PSU Corsair CX V2 600W PSU
    CASE CM Storm Trooper Gaming Big Tower

    Mouse- razer lachesis
    keyboard- logitech g110
    Headset- razer megalodon
    speakers- no idea, brother gave it to me.
    monitors- AOC 27" LED e2795Vh and Benq xl2411t.

    pictures are a bit bright though
    Blue parts on a mobo when the LEDs in the case are red. How pro isn't that?



    I seriously have no idea how to do proper thumbnails >_>
    Last edited by Scrubity; 2013-05-14 at 11:11 AM.

  2. #11062
    I do wish they would do away with brown PCBs already :/

    Have you tried routing the PCI-E cables to the GPU through the lower grommet? you'd see less of them, and because of the viewing angle the weave of the cable sleeving would make appear more opaque.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  3. #11063
    Hmm no, I haven't. Though I guess I could try the next time I open it up.

  4. #11064
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubity View Post
    speakers- no idea, brother gave it to me.
    They look like Logitech X-230's.

  5. #11065
    got my new fans! the computer is whisper silent. I can't hear anything, even on max load.


  6. #11066
    Mechagnome protput's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    got my new fans! the computer is whisper silent. I can't hear anything, even on max load.

    [img]http://i.imgur.com/XtfYDpsm.jpg
    Looks good!
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

  7. #11067
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    got my new fans! the computer is whisper silent. I can't hear anything, even on max load.

    snippet
    They're the corsair fans right? I think I need to get some because I installed 5 Arctic F12s and my PC is quite loud, had to get a fan controller to turn them all down or off completely through the night.
    Last edited by carebear; 2013-05-16 at 03:12 PM.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  8. #11068
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,100
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    They're the corsair fans right? I think I need to get some because I installed 5 Arctic F12s and my PC is quite loud, had to get a fan controller to turn them all down or off completely through the night.
    While fans do differ in noise levels depending on RPM, their differences are somewhat moot if you plug them directly into the PSU because they'll be blasting away at 12v. Even motherboard headers tend to default to max RPM or have shoddy voltage control.
    You made a good decision to buy a fan controller, especially one which allows you to turn fans off completely. Very handy!

    My own rig is is full of Corsair AF/SP fans but I still wouldn't run them at stock speeds despite them being the quiet editions...but then again, I have pretty crazy standards when it comes to what "quiet" means :S
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-05-16 at 05:57 PM.

  9. #11069
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    16,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    While fans do differ in noise levels depending on RPM, their differences are somewhat moot if you plug them directly into the PSU because they'll be blasting away at 12v. Even motherboard headers tend to default to max RPM or have shoddy voltage control.
    You made a good decision to buy a fan controller, especially one which allows you to turn fans off completely. Very handy!

    My own rig is is full of Corsair AF/SP fans but I still wouldn't run them at stock speeds despite them being the quiet editions...but then again, I have pretty crazy standards when it comes to what "quiet" means :S
    As ugly as the NZXT Sentry 2 is, I do love being able to turn the fans off.

    omg save that .0001 watts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  10. #11070
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,100
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    omg save that .0001 watts!
    It's all about the silence my friend, blissful peaceful silence.

    Plus if you have headphones plugged directly into the PC it can actually help reduce vibrations which travel up the cord. Probably unnoticeable but bleh :S

  11. #11071
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    16,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's all about the silence my friend, blissful peaceful silence.

    Plus if you have headphones plugged directly into the PC it can actually help reduce vibrations which travel up the cord. Probably unnoticeable but bleh :S
    I would expect you of all people to know that a full-tower case with 200mm~ fans at 40% of 3.3v or 5v isn't going to have any vibrations.

    Plus my headphones have a very fat cord. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  12. #11072
    Looks like it will be another 10-15 days or so before the 900D arrives and I can start putting together my watercooling loop so I did a little touch up on the Switch810. Thinking this is kinda the theme I will be going for in the 900D as well, only CPU and GPU will have a waterblock on them and I will use the FusionThermo on the MB.

    Let me know what you think about my color theme etc. Blocks I will be using are: EK-FC GTX Titan XXL incl. backplate and EK Supremacy Acetal Nickel





  13. #11073

  14. #11074
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,517
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    i expect the red ones to go faster
    looks pretty nifty only shame on the green of the titan that kinda looks out of place.
    i'd be nice if the color on those was changeable, but i don't see nvidia ever putting red LEDs in

    i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    Dell U3415w | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

  15. #11075
    Warchief Ghâzh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    2,156
    Maybe you could paint over it? Should work quite well if you are just careful.

  16. #11076
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Maybe you could paint over it? Should work quite well if you are just careful.
    I'm not sure how well that would work, the letter glows green.

  17. #11077
    Warchief Ghâzh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    2,156
    I can't say for sure because I don't own one but it's most likely white leds shining trough plastic painted green. If you repainted it red it should glow red? Even if it lost some of the "glow" in the process and only looked red it would still look better, in my opinion.

    Sweet looking build nonetheless, Lemmiwink!

  18. #11078
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Looks like it will be another 10-15 days or so before the 900D arrives and I can start putting together my watercooling loop so I did a little touch up on the Switch810. Thinking this is kinda the theme I will be going for in the 900D as well, only CPU and GPU will have a waterblock on them and I will use the FusionThermo on the MB.

    Let me know what you think about my color theme etc. Blocks I will be using are: EK-FC GTX Titan XXL incl. backplate and EK Supremacy Acetal Nickel
    Nice setup. Do you have the individually sleeved cable set from Corsair?

  19. #11079
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I can't say for sure because I don't own one but it's most likely white leds shining trough plastic painted green. If you repainted it red it should glow red? Even if it lost some of the "glow" in the process and only looked red it would still look better, in my opinion.

    Sweet looking build nonetheless, Lemmiwink!
    Let's go back to 2nd grade and what happens when you mix secondary colours with primary colours.

    Green + Red = Brown
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  20. #11080
    Well the geforce logo doesn't matter so much since I'm putting this http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-...backplate.html on it as soon as my 900D arrives. The cables are self sleeved extensions, will be going for the corsair sleeved ones as soon as they arrive (also with my 900D). This was really just a touch up to test the color scheme.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •