10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Nedda, couldn't you have tidied that up a bit? D:

Deleted
    Unfortunately the case (fairly old) doesn't support proper cable management and the straight fittings were dirt cheap (2,19€ per unit). My next build will definitely look better with some 45°/90° fittings and a Corsair 900D case. Waiting for six-core Ivy Bridge / Haswell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    Unfortunately the case (fairly old) doesn't support proper cable management and the straight fittings were dirt cheap (2,19€ per unit). My next build will definitely look better with some 45°/90° fittings and a Corsair 900D case. Waiting for six-core Ivy Bridge / Haswell though.
    While you don't have much to work with there are still some things to fix up, could manage the cables a bit better. :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Why are you using so many seperate small hard drives. That must be noisy having 7 harddrives.
    I imagine he's just never replaced them.

I mean hell, MAXTOR?! That's one company that no longer exists.

@Sigma, replace your HDDs with new ones asap. Those are probably on the verge of death.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Damn Nedda, couldn't you have tidied that up a bit? D:
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    While you don't have much to work with there are still some things to fix up, could manage the cables a bit better. :P
    Problem solved ladies and gentlemen. It's SOLVED!

Also added two pics to my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Why in God's name did you order a $260-300 1200W! PSU?

The SSD is more acceptable but still questionable (Agility 3)
    What's wrong with his PSU?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    It is way to much for his needs. Could have saved money there and spend it on other parts.

Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    More coil whine I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    It is way to much for his needs. Could have saved money there and spend it on other parts.
    I see. Thanks for letting me know!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I imagine he's just never replaced them.
    I mean hell, MAXTOR?! That's one company that no longer exists.
    @Sigma, replace your HDDs with new ones asap. Those are probably on the verge of death.
    Indeed I have never replaced them, just moved them from one machine to another, They have served me well. There is Nothing of real value on the, anything of value such as photo's and Documents, are backed up to a DVD. There is very little noise from them and until I start getting reports of bad sectors then I see no need to replace them.

Small update, more to come in the following months.
    Picture sucks because a) phone b) 3.53 am c) flash d) just put it together e) dust

Case: Fractal Design Define R3
    Optical Drive: Random DVD+-RW
    Motherboard: Z87X-D3H because colourschemes and more expensive motherboards add literally nothing I'd want
    CPU: i7 4770K probably at stock since I haven't booted it yet
    CPU-cooler: Noctua NH-D14 with the fans moved to bottom/front, replaced with NF-F12's
    Sound card: ASUS Xonar DX
    GPU: MSI reference GTX 680
    Fan controller: Fractal Design's included one which I have since picture taken plugged in again
    PSU: first Corsair TX650 correct side up
    RAM:
    2x4 GiB Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz 9-9-9-24, 1.65v (works correctly in)
    2x2 GiB Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz 9-9-9-24, 1.65v (dual channel btw)
    Storage:
    160GB Intel 320
    1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    2TB Samsung EcoGreen F4
    3TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm
    Case-fans: (yay for variation)
    1 NF-F12 front-intake
    1 NF-P12 front-intake
    1 NF-P14 FLX bottom-intake
    1 AP-14 rear-exhaust

Peripherals and stuff:
    Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK blue
    Mouse: Logitech MX518
    Mousepad: Steelseries QcK
    Gamepad: Xbox360 for PC, wired
    Headset: Sennheiser PC360 G4ME
    Speakers: Some expensive 500 USD ones, too tired to look it up, too lazy to learn it by heart
    Monitor: Loaned my good one away to a friend who's doing photo-editting, so some 24" TN 1080p

Things to do tomorrow:
    * Dust off
    * Format C:, install Win8
    * Swap SATA-cables for included Black ones
    * Order a pretty Noctua-fan to replace the last ugly Gentle Typhoon (wow those things have poor sleeving)
    * Switch to black zip-ties
    * Swap the floppy-connector from Molex to the one from PSU because sleeving (edit: on sound card)
    * Try to figure out how you can make PCI-E cables look less horrible with the stacked design.

Things to change before year is up
    * 2x Samsung 840 256 GB not in RAID
    * AX860 since Be Quiet!'s Dark Power won't fit with a bottom fan -- and the white or blue pre-sleeved could be nice.
    * Fractal Design Define R4 white, or Fractal Design Arc R2
    * NZXT-GPU cooler, you know the ones whom hold Asetek designs (2)
    * Consider new GPU-options, whether additional GTX 680 or two new AMD ones if they come in less than the GTX 780

Potential further future yet, CPU+GPU+GPU single loop cooling
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-07-28 at 02:19 AM.

* Try to figure out how you can make PCI-E cables look less horrible with the stacked design.
    Have you tried routing them through the bottom grommet (the one your SATA cables are routed through)? They would look better if they weren't looped over the top of the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Have you tried routing them through the bottom grommet (the one your SATA cables are routed through)? They would look better if they weren't looped over the top of the card.
    Yeah, I figured. When I had the P55-board, it worked better because I could "hang" them off of the cords because the clip was broken.

I will probably do like with the sata-cables and run them around the back-panel (tried the sata-cables through grommets, didn't like the forced bend)

For dual boot reasons.

Was a long day yesterday. Had to replan the loop to make it look tidy, also discovered that my desk couldn't actually fit a 900D so I need to mod it a bit. I was able to make it 95% finished though so I will now present to you:

The Abomination Lemmiwink's first custom watercooling project since 2008's Serpent ( No pics available though )

Specs: i7 3770K @4,8Ghz - Maximus V Formula - 16GB Dominator Platinum @2400Mhz - Gigabyte GTX TITAN @ 1170/7200 - Samsung 830 256GB - WD Black 1TB - Corsair AX 860i
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
    Cooling: EK Supremacy Acetal+Copper - EK FC Titan XL with backplate - 250mm EK tube res /w Laing D5 built in - EK XTX 480mm Rad - Corsair Cooling and lighting kit - Corsair AF 120x3 + 140x1 - Corsair SP 120 Quiet PWM edition x4 - All tubing is Primochill Advanced LTR crystal clear 3/8ID 5/8OD - Monsoon free center red fittings + some bitspower/EK fittings/blinds etc.

Total price for system: approx 4300 euro (Norwegian prices)

Started off by installing the MB into the case. Also cleaned the CPU with Isopropanol.

Got the res and CPU block installed, all ready for tubing.

Here we got the first stretches of tubing. Everything going smoothly so far.

Loop complete at this time, running the pump to check for leaks.

Loop is waterproof, started installing the fans etc.

To be continued.......

Looks awesome! I love water cooled PCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks nice lemmi, good job so far.

Edit: Bottom tubing looks a tad bit too short.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-07-28 at 09:45 AM.

Looks nice lemmi, good job so far.

Edit: Bottom tubing looks a tad bit too short.
    It's intentional, I wanted a tidier look with no long stretches. It's kind of a reaction to alot of peoples over excessive use of tubing. I'm open to suggestions though, my own ideas are not always perfect. You think I should add 5-6CM to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems kinked near the Titan fitting. I can't tell from the photograph how much though. Though it couldn't hurt making it a bit more loopy so no restrictions occur.
    like this (pardon my paint skills)

Oh, no it's not kinked. It does however look a bit kinked on the photo though. The tubes I've used are almost unkinkable tbh. I tried to produce a kink on purpose on the drain port but wasn't able to. Primochill tubes have gotten very good lately. Thanks for the imput on that, I will most likely make that bend there instead when I drain the loop next week. (Moving, so need to drain and refill anyway)