Deleted
    Swapped my h20 620 INDUSTRIAL SHREDDER antec fan for two arctic cooling pwm fans (push/pull)

idle noise dropped to almost silent and idle temperatues dropped a few degrees.

http://i.imgur.com/veKRwiT.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Lemmiwink:

What cable sleeves are they? or are they extensions?
    I wanted to find some red ones like that but most that fit the Corsair series PSU's have the cheap looking rubber on the ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Lemmiwink:

What cable sleeves are they? or are they extensions?
    I wanted to find some red ones like that but most that fit the Corsair series PSU's have the cheap looking rubber on the ends.
    That's the ones he's using by the looks of it.

Yeah, using the Corsair cable kit. The black heatshrink is unfortunately something that is more or less needed. Tried braiding without the heatshrink myself and the braiding kind of disintegrates after some time making it horribly ugly.

Pics as promised. Yes, I left the packing bubble in the first shot

Never tried watercooling, figured this wasn't the time to try doing it myself from scratch so had Cyberpower do it, they did a great job and I love it

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpower fixed up a custom loop for you?! Holy shit, I had no idea they could do that. I thought virtually every PC building company stayed away from offering custom loop services because of the potentially massive damage (i.e. warranty explosion) caused by leaks.

What kind of warranty were you given on that?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Standard:

8.1 The purchased product is covered under warranty by the "seller" for 3 years commencing on the date the "buyer" received the PC. This warranty is limited to 2 years parts, and 3 years repair/labour.
    8.2 All hardware parts which are in a built system from the "seller" are covered for 2 years commencing the date the "buyer" received the PC.

Yep, didn't even need a topup. It was super well packed, filled with bubbles and around the outside with peripheral boxes and flo-pak and stuff. I was nervous too (especially when the UPS guy rolled it off the back of the wagon...) but not had an issue with it.

It has a custom overclock too, the processor is stable at 4.4Ghz

10+ Year Old Account
    That's extremely good warranty considering it's a custom loop. You should still learn the in's and out's of maintaining a custom loop as fast as you can, I've read that watercooling folk typically drain+refill their loop every 6 months. At the 1 year mark you will want to dissemble the loop and get all the parts flushed and cleaned.

I can't think what Cyberpower could possibly do to make something like that hold together for 2-3 years without the performance severely degrading and/or leaks springing up.

Overall gratz on the build, really sleek

Deleted
    The water gets a bit ugly if you don't refill for 3 years but if there are no leaks from the very beginning, there usually won't be any after 3 years either. Performance barely degrades if it does at all.

4.4GHz sounds very conservative, you could probably push it a lot higher.

I typically drain+fill every 6 months. Coolants are alot better than they was 6 years ago so I don't think it's necessary to do it more often than every two years now. I find it extremely relaxing and fun to maintain it though, and coolants are pretty cheap, so I will still stick to my 6 months schedule.

4.4 is a bit on the conservative side, a custom loop deserves 4.6+ tbh. If you want to keep it as quiet as possible then your 4.4 is just about perfect for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Yeah, using the Corsair cable kit. The black heatshrink is unfortunately something that is more or less needed. Tried braiding without the heatshrink myself and the braiding kind of disintegrates after some time making it horribly ugly.
    I only just saw the heat shrink on it now that everyone's mentioned it.

Getting a Modular Corsair PSU, and want sleeved cables, but didn't know how good they looked/if it's worth it.
    After seeing them on your rig in actual pictures, I'm definitely buying some.

10+ Year Old Account
    picked up a new toy:

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2013-08-01 at 10:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    picked up a new toy
    Smoking is bad, mmmmkay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    picked up a new toy:
    <snip>
    It's been getting great reviews as far as comfort and hardware goes (really nice screen too), but really suffering in the games department due the simple fact that there are jack-all Android games made with a gaming controller in mind. Mobile gaming these days is like 95% touchscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    <snip>
    Emailing this shit straight to nVidia's CEO.

Hope it didn't take too long to stop the phone flopping over from the rubberband tension :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-02 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hahaha, gold

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's been getting great reviews as far as comfort and hardware goes (really nice screen too), but really suffering in the games department due the simple fact that there are jack-all Android games made with a gaming controller in mind. Mobile gaming these days is like 95% touchscreen.
    Which is why I despise mobile gaming. I hate touch-screen controls. On screen keyboards never work right and I don't like the way that your finger covers up the thing you want to click on.

10+ Year Old Account

Summed it up perfectly lol
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)