Mobo: ASUS P68Z68 V/Pro-GEN3
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k.
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i.
    GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX x2 SLI.
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1866MHz.
    Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i.
    SSD 1: Kingston 60 GB (For Win7).
    SSD 2: Crucial M500 960GB.
    Mechanical Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB.

Peripherals:
    Keyboard: Ducky SHINE2 MX Red (Green LED).
    Mouse: Steelseries Sensei FNATIC Edition.
    Mousemat: Razer Goliathus Extended XL - Control.
    Headset: Logitech G930.
    Screen 1: HP 2211x.
    Screen 2: BenQ XL2411T.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/ybmqB

Deleted
    well i finally released i've never posted a picture of my new cards/case yet.
    however contrary to common drunkenvalley picture tradition i decided i'd make the worst possible pc shot

and for anyone wondering what these beasts can do my 24/7 overclock yields this http://www.3dmark.com/fs/765579

Deleted
    I thaught you went for the hydrocoppers?

Or is the whole custom loop out of the picture? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    With that particular case and the insane noise vs airflow ratios he's getting with those fans, I can't even see the point of going water lol.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I thaught you went for the hydrocoppers?

Or is the whole custom loop out of the picture? :P
    more like still waiting for waterblocks to release in EU.

@xuvial you know i need water
    also define insane noise vs airflow ratio? because that improved allot with my new case.

Deleted
    So this is a pixelated picture of my handicapable build that I was talking about a few pages back.

GPU: GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC
    CPU: I5-4670K
    MoBO: MSI Z87-G45
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance pro 8GB@1600Mhz
    PSU: Fractal Design Integra R2 750W
    Cooler: H80i
    Case: NZXT Phantom(red)
    SSD: 840 EVO Basic- 120GB
    HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda
    Absolutely EVERYTHING went to shit and turned against me with this build.

*My GPU is coil whining during load. It's so bad that my cat is spazzing out and I am soon to join her.
    *Hassfail seems to be idling at around 38-40°c despite my h80i, 200mm and 2x120mm fans throttling at max speed.
    So clocking seems to be out of the question...
    *I had forgotten to order my Scythe fans. Turns out to be alright since the h80i stockfans wasn't that bad, but still.
    *One of the sleeved 8pin extensions I ordered for my GPU was faulty so had to mismatch with a stock 8pin.
    *Had to position the h80's radiator upside down to avoid the 200mm top fan from interfering.
    *I bought an NZXT Phantom! What the hell was I thinking...

I can't stress enough how poor design the NZXT Phantom has. Only buy the Phantom if you're also buying custom watercooling, modular PSU and A LOT of extension cables. Don't even think about it otherwise, you will get butthurt! My picture perfectly illustrates why.

Will have to RMA the chassi, GPU, sleeves and perhaps even the CPU so I'm fairly pissed right now.
    But anyway, that is my current gaming build so I just have to live with it for now.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-09-08 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got a new case and graphics card.

Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 ATX
    Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce gtx 760 oc windforce.

The graphics card was so big i didn't have a choice about getting the new case lol
    Aye mate

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    So this is a pixelated picture of my handicapable build that I was talking about a few pages back.

Absolutely EVERYTHING went to shit and turned against me with this build.

*My GPU is coil whining during load. It's so bad that my cat is spazzing out and I am soon to join her.
    *Hassfail seems to be idling at around 38-40°c despite my h80i, 200mm and 2x120mm fans throttling at max speed.
    *I had forgotten to order my Scythe fans. Turns out to be alright since the h80i stockfans wasn't that bad, but still.
    *One of the sleeved 8pin extensions I ordered for my GPU was faulty so had to mismatch with a stock 8pin.
    *Had to position the h80's radiator upside down to avoid the 200mm top fan from interfering.
    *I bought an NZXT Phantom! What the hell was I thinking...

I can't stress enough how poor design the NZXT Phantom has. Only buy the Phantom if you're also buying custom watercooling, modular PSU and A LOT of extension cables. Don't even think about it otherwise, you will get butthurt! My picture perfectly illustrates why.

Will have to RMA the chassi, GPU, sleeves and perhaps even the CPU so I'm fairly pissed right now.
    But anyway, that is my current gaming build so I just have to live with it for now.
    Nice build, that case is pretty rad looking. I used Scythe fans in an old build and found them absurdly loud. I put 4 Cougar Turbine 120mm fans in my current rig and they were silent at max speed with 60 CFM each of air flow. I think that the best fans I have ever owned up until this point have been Xigmatek and Cougar as far as air flow and noise rating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Just got a new case and graphics card.

Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 ATX
    Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce gtx 760 oc windforce.

The graphics card was so big i didn't have a choice about getting the new case lol
    I know right? I have the same card and am glad I did not get a 770 because it would not clear in my Silverstone Grandia, the power connectors are quite literally next to the mounting section for the drives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Err that's pretty normal, my i5 2500K idles around that with an H100. Corsair's Hydro coolers don't do particularly well when it comes to idle temps, it's load temps where they take the lead - it's load temps that matter.
    Check load temps with P95, overclock accordingly, you can let Haswell run well into the high 80's for comfortable everyday usage.

Also can't your 200mm top exhaust be moved further towards the front of the case? I can see it's job is to vent out the H80i's intake air, but in that position most of the H80i's air will be flowing completely past it.

Sucks about the rest of the stuff not coming together though
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-09-08 at 12:43 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Nice build, that case is pretty rad looking. I used Scythe fans in an old build and found them absurdly loud. I put 4 Cougar Turbine 120mm fans in my current rig and they were silent at max speed with 60 CFM each of air flow. I think that the best fans I have ever owned up until this point have been Xigmatek and Cougar as far as air flow and noise rating.
    Yeah it looks amazing, one of the few perks with that case. Cool, might check those fans out when ordering new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Err that's pretty normal, my i5 2500K idles around that with an H100. Corsair's Hydro coolers don't do particularly well when it comes to idle temps, it's load temps where they take the lead - it's load temps that matter.
    Check load temps with P95, overclock accordingly, you can let Haswell run well into the high 80's for comfortable everyday usage.
    It just seems so high for stock clock on water.

Haven't had time to run P95 yet so that's happening tonight while sleeping, 8 hour or so should be enough to determine if running too hot.
    Also can't your 200mm top exhaust be moved further towards the front of the case? I can see it's job is to vent out the H80i's intake air, but in that position most of the H80i's air will be flowing completely past it.
    It can be moved another slot forward, yes. I'm not sure how effective it is yet but planning to try it as you suggested tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Also another reason I decided to put the 200mm right there is to help with the GPU. The 2x120mm fans on the side that is supposed to do that is positioned directly in front of the HDD cages(Imo, another design error on the phantom.) so they don't really do their job. It just seemed more logical to sacrifice aesthetics for performance at the time.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-09-08 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Dat edit fail...

Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Jevlin - Haswell runs hotter than Ivy and since Intel decided not to use fluxless solder like with Sandy, instead they use TIM, temps are extremely hot. Only way to get better temps is to delid. Don't bother RMA'ing the CPU. More info here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...p-Post-Results
    Nah, his is also caused by a pretty awful batch. I'm getting ~32-35 °C idle on a silver arrow extreme at 4.5 (1.28V because sigh).
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Jevlin - Haswell runs hotter than Ivy and since Intel decided not to use fluxless solder like with Sandy, instead they use TIM, temps are extremely hot. Only way to get better temps is to delid. Don't bother RMA'ing the CPU. More info here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...p-Post-Results
    Yeah, I'm not that keen on the idea of deliding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Nah, his is also caused by a pretty awful batch. I'm getting ~32-35 °C idle on a silver arrow extreme at 4.5 (1.28V because sigh).
    I've read on forums that most people have problems with idle temps on their haswells. Anyway, after running a stresstest on prime95 for about 30 minutes I'm not going over 53c on either core so doesn't seem so bad to be honest. In fact it's great.

Gonna have it run for another hour or two just to be sure though.

10+ Year Old Account
    its also caused by the die shrink, smaller physical area means less area to transfer heat, also, the tighter lithography means that radiant heat between gates and traces is much more concentrated

this will continue to be a growing issue with all future chips, its not just an ivy/haswell problem

Well today was an eventful day! I decided to finally get around to doing my side panel mod after having had the materials for it for almost a year now! It turned out pretty good imo! Two issues that I ran into; The lip where the case latches caused trouble as I forgot to measure exactly how much to move in which resulted in me cutting about 1/16th of an inch too far on the panel. The second problem was that while trying to remove the window to move it over I had used way too much tape. It took two of us pulling to get the panel separated because I left enough acrylic on the inside so that if I ever wanted to expand the window to the HDD bays I could. I went crazy and use about half a roll of #4010 3m tape. This resulted in us warping the panel almost all the way down the angle of the window. We were able to bend it back for the most part without it being very noticeable. There's a bit of shadow in the upper right corner, but I'm deciding if I want to leave it as is or cut up the other panel that I have. I had two left side panels from when NZXT shipped me a replacement for the right side panel. Most likely I'll cut up the other panel tomorrow and measure a bit more carefully so that it's 100%! I'll definitely post some more pictures later this week when I get my second 7950 and my NZXT Hue! But in other news I've finally got some decent pics of my gaming setup!

Specs:
    CPU: I5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Cooler: Antek branded 120 CLC
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3
    Ram: G Skill 1600 Mhz
    PSU: Corsair TX850
    CPU: Gigabyte 7950 @ 1100/1400
    SDD: OCZ Agility 3 120 Gb
    HDD: WD Black 1 Tb
    Last edited by Shiromar; 2013-09-08 at 03:49 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

Sucks about the rest of the stuff not coming together though
    What is your clock rating? My 2600K idles at 28-32 at stock speed and pushes 40 degrees when overclocked to around 4.2 GHz on a Noctua NH-C12P SE14 cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because it's watercooling. It always has a higher idle temperature, but a lower temperaturegain when on load. I also have 32-35 degrees, even after a delid, but my temperatures only go up to 48-50 during prime95. (stock speeds).

Deleted
    Temps during load turned out fine actually(59c at 4.1Ghz and 1.150v). Unfortunately I only got the processor up to 4.1Ghz@1.150v before BSOD and other strangeness. Can't for the life of me get it to run at 4.2Ghz even at 1.3v, I don't dare go higher on closed-loop water.

Guess I lost the lottery, pretty damn hard as well.

Temps during load turned out fine actually(59c at 4.1Ghz and 1.150v. Unfortunately I only got the processor up to 4.1@1.150v before BSOD and other strangeness. Can't for the life of me get it to run at 4.2Ghz even at 1.3v, I don't dare go higher on closed-loop water.

Guess I lost the lottery, pretty damn hard as well.
    Have you actually increased VRIN (CPU input voltage) to 2.0 before attempting to raise the voltage up to 1.3? That helps a greta deal with stability and you might be able to push some more out of a chip that seems pretty damn awful.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been lurking this thread for quite a while and am curious how you get the cooler to cool when a CPU is delidded. Isn't there a gap between the base of the cooler and the top of the CPU?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I've been lurking this thread for quite a while and am curious how you get the cooler to cool when a CPU is delidded. Isn't there a gap between the base of the cooler and the top of the CPU?
    You delid, brush off intel's TIM, use some liquid metal TIM, paste the CPU back together and then use the cooler. I don't know of anyone that did nude-CPU cooling yet.