Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Have you actually increased VRIN (CPU input voltage) to 2.0 before attempting to raise the voltage up to 1.3? That helps a greta deal with stability and you might be able to push some more out of a chip that seems pretty damn awful.
    I did not. I'm following a guide and they did not mention that. Yes, I'm that new to this :>

10+ Year Old Account
    You delid, brush off intel's TIM, use some liquid metal TIM, paste the CPU back together and then use the cooler. I don't know of anyone that did nude-CPU cooling yet.
    Ahhh thank you. Looking to start OC'ing here soon, but just need to find the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    I did not. I'm following a guide and they did not mention that. Yes, I'm that new to this :>
    I highly suggest following this great guide. While it is tailored to Gigabyte boards, it explains a great deal of the basics and it will help you figure out things on your MSI board as well.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    I highly suggest following this great guide. While it is tailored to Gigabyte boards, it explains a great deal of the basics and it will help you figure out things on your MSI board as well.
    Thanks! It seems more in-depth than the guide I found on Linustechtips. I'll read up on it right away.

Thanks! It seems more in-depth than the guide I found on Linustechtips. I'll read up on it right away.
    Let us know how it goes!

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

This is my first build ever, what a great experience!

4770k- OC to 4.1 stable
    Noctua D-14
    16G corsair vengeance
    Asus Hero Maximus Mobo
    Asus 7970 GPU
    Cooler Master Haf Blue
    Asus DVD/CD
    2TB WD black HD
    Logitech game pad/MMO mouse
    Razor anas- keyboard

Deleted
    So much is happening in your pictures. Cutest dog, dirtiest keyboard I've ever seen and then an amazing computer. I love it!

Although you could resize those pics a bit or link them

- - - Updated - - -

Yea sorry about that went through and resized them. Couple thoughts on the build. Noctua D-14 and corsair vengeance don't go well together, the cooler barely fits. Should have just got the H100i system. Asus AI suite 3 Overclocked my Haswell to 4.6 then locked up the motherboard, I would not recommend using that software. My Temps never go over 115 degrees F and im at 4.1 stable now and leaving it. ROG ramdisk is pretty nice if you put your WTF files on it, you basically get instant load times in game. I decided to go with a 42 inch 1080p TV over a gaming monitor, and holy crap you wont ever go back if you do this, the quality is still there. That's about it, hope you guys enjoyed.

Deleted
    Let us know how it goes!
    I'm running 4.5Ghz@1.225v at the moment and it seems stable. Only been running AIDA64 for about 4 hours so far but it's looking good, contemplating if P95 for 12 hours would be wise as well but I really don't like the ways P95 pressure my computer and the noises it makes it do. I swear the fans are running at close to 2800RPM during P95, it's not okay when your fans only are supposed to do 2700RPM. Although my h80i seems to be overcompensating because it doesn't get super hot. During 100% load I only average about 63-65°c.

Didn't have to touch VRIN though. Trick was to enable XMP for my ram and clock them at 1600Mhz and increase their voltage to 1.5 and that allowed me to reach up to 4.7Ghz. But I'm not sure I'm willing to go above 4.5Ghz since I fear that bumping up voltage to 1.3 for extended periods might cause the already overachieving h80i to implode into itself due to it's RPM creating a black hole.

I think 4.5Ghz is a good everyday clock so probably gonna stay here.

Didn't have to touch VRIN though. Trick was to enable XMP for my ram and clock them at 1600Mhz and increase their voltage to 1.5 and that allowed me to reach up to 4.7Ghz. But I'm not sure I'm willing to go above 4.5Ghz since I fear that bumping up voltage to 1.3 for extended periods might cause the already overachieving h80i to implode into itself due to it's RPM creating a black hole.

I think 4.5Ghz is a good everyday clock so probably gonna stay here.
    I'm assuming your fans are auto adjusting their speed based on heat seeing the high rpm noise is only a problem at load/prime95. I mean you will never hit that kind of extended stress on your cpu outside of p95. So the noise shouldn't be a problem? I personally don't really give a shit about my comp but I run a 3770k oc'd to 4.8 at 1.29v. And on top of it I crank my fans down to near silent rpms during casual use/idle as 40-45c idle temps don't bother me. Even at load I run the two h80i fans at like 55-70%. Gaming (BF3) I don't go above 60, but p95 takes me into the mid 70s which I'm also fine with. Beats having to listen to a jet all day.

Just updated my build quite a bit inside an Arc Midi R2. Still have work to do with cable management, and should be getting a white LED lighting kit in as well. Ignore my cat scratched furniture. :P

i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

If we could move the Haswell, its TIM and its overclocking theoreticals into a separate thread, that'd be great.

Some nice builds posted recently, keep it up!

Deleted
    Just built my new rig after getting a new job (first purchase :P)

CPU : i7 4820k (Not OC'd atm beaucse not needed)

GPU : GTX Titan - would have gotten 2 but my monitors are not big enought to warrent getting 2

SSD / HDD : 500 gb ssd and 1TB HDD

RAM : 16GB - Corsair, nothing too fancy

1000w PUS - Cos why not

H100i Watercooled

Can't remeber the exact model of motherboard & i'm at work so can't check.

http://imgur.com/xaJiRFH

My Rig:
    i7 4770k
    32 GB 1600 G.skill
    Gigabyte 7970 x2 CrossfireX
    H100i
    ASUS Z87-PLUS
    Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB
    WD 1TB HDD
    HAF X
    Windows 8 Pro
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2013-09-11 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forgot case and os

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Bro, do you even cable manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    To be fair, the HAF X isn't exactly renown for its cable management options.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    To be fair, the HAF X isn't exactly renown for its cable management options.
    It's still a pretty horrendous job though.. ._.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    To be fair, not everyone cares about cable management.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Honestly, I know it's atrocious but between work and school I don't really have a lot of time to do her right. When I built it I was happy that everything was working and thank the fates nothing was DOA.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To be fair, not everyone cares about cable management.
    Which is unfortunate when people spend extra on cooling and then don't take twenty minutes or so to actually avoid obstructing airflow.