Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    soon

however i'll prolly won't be using the yellow hose but a clear one instead. (seems to match better with the nickel/acetal theme)
    block inc next week after that just sitting tight for the backplates , argh all this waiting is killing me. The original plan was to have this watercooling project finished late august

So I'm back after a long hiatus in this thread. These are my most recent changes to the rig.

Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-09-23 at 07:41 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Yup, order placed, can't wait!

It's finally here, and boy what a difference does it make. My PC finally looks like a computer!

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/Peu5vBHl.jpg
    It's finally here, and boy what a difference does it make. My PC finally looks like a computer!
    looks allot better , also i see a new evo 212 :P (and my ram )

Evo 212? Nah man it's a Mugen 4.

Also, since the photo of my setup with stock cooler and Antec 300 slipped to previous page, here's the link.

I'm not even sure when I last updated my current gaming rig stats, so here we go:

Case - Cooler Master Storm Scout II Advanced mATX Black
    CPU - Intel I5 2500K @ 4700 Mhz
    Cooler - Akasa Venom Voodoo
    GPU - 2x Nvidia MSI GTX 670 OC Twin Frozor SLI
    Motherboard - ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    RAM - G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz (9-9-9-24)
    Soundcard - Asus Xonar D2X
    HDD - A mix of various 2-3TB SATA3 hard drives (8TB space total)
    PSU - Corsair TX850W
    Keyboard - QPad MK-85 (Cherry Black)
    Mouse - Logitech G600
    Headset - Takstar HI2050 + Zalman clip on mic
    Speakers - Logitech Z680 5.1, with replaced QED wiring
    Monitor - 42" Toshiba XV505 (Will be switching this out when I next have a decent amount of spare cash for a pair of Qnix 2710s or the like)
    OS - Windows 7 64-Bit

I'll grab some pictures when I can be bothered.
    The Tower: To some, it symbolizes failure, ruin and catastrophe.
    To others, the Tower represents the paradigms constructed by the ego, the sum total of all schema that the mind constructs to understand the universe. The querent may be holding on to false ideas or pretenses; a new approach to thinking about the problem is needed. It may be time for the querent to re-examine belief structures, ideologies, and paradigms they hold to.

System build update, still need to get cable sleeves or Corsair pre-sleeved (not sure whether the reds o blacks or mix them both up). Also the side window needs to be made, here is the design I sketched up in photoshop - http://i.imgur.com/UPNskmz.jpg

[Click the Image to Enlarge]

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Eh. Is the painting of the front done in this picture http://i.imgur.com/PTidRwa.jpg ?
    Looks like you painted it with a brush without disassembly. I see colordifference due to lack of primer, and parts missing paint.
    Maybe take it apart, sand it, primer it and then buy a carpaint spraycan and give it a workover. I'll bet it looks allot nicer.
    You can even click off the covers of that DVD unit, and paint them. I did it with my CM690 back when.

@Suprm, although big ATX cases are no longer my thing, that looks really tight.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-09-24 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Eh. Is the painting of the front done in this picture http://i.imgur.com/PTidRwa.jpg ?
    Looks like you painted it with a brush without disassembly. I see colordifference due to lack of primer, and parts missing paint.
    Maybe take it apart, sand it, primer it and then buy a carpaint spraycan and give it a workover. I'll bet it looks allot nicer.
    You can even click off the covers of that DVD unit, and paint them. I did it with my CM690 back when.
    The front is far from done, I'll give you that. It was done without disassembly but that is because the clips of the front cover refused to budge no matter how much force I used on them. I will definitely re-do the front, it's on the agenda. Originally only the cover clips were painted and the rest was stock color but painting the whole front white was sort of an idea I had while doing the rest.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    looks allot better , also i see a new evo 212 :P (and my ram )
    Mugen's is about twice as thick as Hyper212 Evo and the top looks completely different, also there's a Scythe logo on the fan :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Mugen's is about twice as thick as Hyper212 Evo and the top looks completely different, also there's a Scythe logo on the fan :P
    I don't think he actually thought it was a 212 EVO but was trying to make a joke, not 100% what the joke was but that's my belief anyways.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Windows 8 Security 2013 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

Well my first ever PC build, thanks to MMO-Champs Upgrade section for suggestion on what to spend my budget on. Only just got round to taking pics, and not brilliant ones at that. Could do with a lot more cable management, but the XFX 850W managed to get hold of for only £50!!!

It's got a lot more tidy since I first built it a few months ago, but as I changed the PSU, GPU and Cooler (from a GTX 660, XFX 450W and a Evo 212 for slightly more overclock) I thought may as well do a bit better on cables, as they were literally all in front of the motherboard.

The mouse was a very quick fix and shall be being replaced. As was the monitor (27" IPS Viewsonic) too. The fan controller was kind of a must for cosmetic reasons, a disc drive in the top bay was putting a lot of strain on the cabling that comes down from the top panel... where as this Fan Controller was the right coloring, and could fit in the top slot to rid myself having to use a grill panel that comes as standard. The Blu-Ray drive is another quick fix as sold my PS3 and waiting on a PS4... Needed something to play my Blu-Rays obviously.

Not the usual in here, but it's my baby and I'm proud since it's my first build. Hoping next year to start a new build and give this to my GF. Either that or sell this, as this was solely a "get used to building yourself" rush kind of build.
    Last edited by Lapetos; 2013-09-25 at 02:46 PM.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

[CPU]: i5-3570K OC'd to 4.4ghz [GPU] Gigabyte HD7970 [MOBO] MSI Z77A-G45 [RAM] 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz [PSU] XFX Pro 850W [SSD] Crucial M4 128gb [HD] 1TB Western Digital Blue [Case] Zalman Z11 [Cooler] Corsair Liquid Cooler H80i

I got a new table and changed some parts of my gaming setup.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev.3.1
    CPU: i7-2700K @5,0 GHz
    Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366
    RAM: 16GB Kingston
    GPU: Asus DirectCU II GTX 580 (DisplayPort)
    SPU: USB M-Audio Mobile Pre Mk II
    SSD (Boot): OCZ-VERTEX3 240GB
    HDD (Software): Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 2TB
    HDD (Backup1): Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 2TB
    HDD (Backup2): Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 2TB
    Case: Lian-Li PC-7HX Silent Black

PERIPHERALS:

Monitor: Apple LED Cinema Display (24")
    Headphones (1): Sennheiser HD25 (cable mod)
    Headphones (2): AKG K702
    Speaker: Adam A7X (glossy)
    Amp (1): HiFiMAN EF5
    Microphone: Neumann TLM 102
    Mic Amp: Mackie 402-VLZ3
    Mic Kompressor: FMR Really Nice Compressor
    Keyboard: Filco 10keyless custom (Cherry MX Brown/MX Red)
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
    Mouse-pad: Razer Goliathus

Last edited by Ange; 2013-09-25 at 04:30 PM.

That is a very funky keyboard you got there Ange!

@Majesticii thanks man, still needs work done on it but its getting there. Shame I didn't go custom loop (was going to get the XSPC Raystorm in RED) but il wait for that when I do the next system overhaul in about 2-3 years time heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    That is a very funky keyboard you got there Ange!
    I still sometimes wonder if i should've gone with the tenkeyless version aswell. But then again, i use the numpad often enough that i'd notice it missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Speaker: Adam A7X (glossy)

/img
    OMG. You have my dream studio monitors! D:

I am very jelly... >_<

LOVELY setup!

Got a my little upgrade from newegg today:

Its nice to finally type on Cherry MX Browns!!

I ordered few custom keycaps from ebay, but if you guys know a website where a could get more of them, I would appreciate
    Last edited by Punisher; 2013-09-26 at 08:45 PM.
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    OMG. You have my dream studio monitors! D:
    The A7x's fit my needs just perfectly. I really like them for listening to music and I can not recommend the Adams more highly!

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The A7x's fit my needs just perfectly. I really like them for listening to music and I can not recommend the Adams more highly!
    Come a time I have the cashflow, those will be one of the purchases I've most looked forward to. Heard them at Sam Ash and just fell in love.

I currently have the much cheaper, though still great sounding, Samson MediaONE 3a studio monitors, but thinking of bumping up to the 4s or 5s for slightly higher levels of bass and volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I still sometimes wonder if i should've gone with the tenkeyless version aswell. But then again, i use the numpad often enough that i'd notice it missing.
    There are decent solutions for us as well!