Deleted
    This was my first build (did it in October 2013) so be nice. The actual desk itself is pretty shit as its basic Student house furniture. No point tidying my desk as I feel it would be quite obnoxious considering this is how it is in proper use. I don't have any real good pictures sadly as I added the SSD and CPU cooler incrementally as I ran out of funds.

Fractal Design Define R4 case
    Gigabyte Z87-UD3H
    600w Corsair 600w PSU
    EVGA 2GB Nvidia GTX 760
    8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz RAM
    Intel i5 4670k overclocked @ 4.5 ghz.
    Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler
    256gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD
    500gb Western Digital Blue 7200 RPM HDD.

BenQ 24" 1920x1080 RL24HM Monitor
    Samsung 21" 1920x1080 TV-LCD Monitor.

Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
    Zalman clip-on Mic
    Razer Naga
    Coolermaster CM Pro rapid fire red switches mechanical keyboard.

Last edited by mmoc66558867f2; 2013-12-09 at 07:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice rig, that's an impressive OC on the 4670K using a U12S. Not too common!

Are the HD598's using onboard audio? If you're saving up funds, at least get something like a Xonar DX or USB DAC (AudioEngine, Fiio, Schiit, etc) to do those beautiful headphones some justice
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Norgaard View Post
    This was my first build (did it in October 2013) so be nice. The actual desk itself is pretty shit as its basic Student house furniture. No point tidying my desk as I feel it would be quite obnoxious considering this is how it is in proper use. I don't have any real good pictures sadly as I added the SSD and CPU cooler incrementally as I ran out of funds.

Fractal Design Define R4 case
    Gigabyte Z87-UD3H
    600w Corsair 600w PSU
    EVGA 2GB Nvidia GTX 760
    8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz RAM
    Intel i5 4670k overclocked @ 4.5 ghz.
    Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler
    256gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD
    500gb Western Digital Blue 7200 RPM HDD.

BenQ 24" 1920x1080 RL24HM Monitor
    Samsung 21" 1920x1080 TV-LCD Monitor.

Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
    Zalman clip-on Mic
    Razer Naga
    Coolermaster CM Pro rapid fire red switches mechanical keyboard.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/2zTB153l.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Vokx0kSl.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9FV5vDkl.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/G3Rv4X9l.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/igdGtSWl.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/i6FzQ2Bl.jpg
    Do you like your main monitor?
    Saw it in the shops on sale, was thinking about buying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Nice rig, that's an impressive OC on the 4670K using a U12S. Not too common!

Are the HD598's using onboard audio? If you're saving up funds, at least get something like a Xonar DX or USB DAC (AudioEngine, Fiio, Schiit, etc) to do those beautiful headphones some justice
    Sadly on board, been musing buying a sound card but wasn't sure of how much a difference it would make. Always feel sad when I go back to my student house and use my headphones on my PC/laptop after taking them home and using them with my stereo haha!

Will look into getting the Xonar DX in January. Take it that's one of the better cards? Would you recommend using a PCI card like the Xonar or the latter option mentioned above? Sorry to turn this into a help thread just a quick curiosity. Money wouldn't really be an issue as I wouldn't mind spending a lot to get the most of out of my headphones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Do you like your main monitor?
    Saw it in the shops on sale, was thinking about buying it.
    Yeah I think it's really nice. I picked it up at a steal of a price for £95 in a sale late October, since then it has been out of stock everywhere and only just came back in but at a higher price so I guess I got really lucky.

How much is it on the sale? I would probably suggest there are better monitors out there when you approach its actual RRP of £165.
    Last edited by mmoc66558867f2; 2013-12-09 at 08:02 AM.

Sadly on board, been musing buying a sound card but wasn't sure of how much a difference it would make. Always feel sad when I go back to my student house and use my headphones on my PC/laptop after taking them home and using them with my stereo haha!

Will look into getting the Xonar DX in January. Take it that's one of the better cards? Would you recommend using a PCI card like the Xonar or the latter option mentioned above? Sorry to turn this into a help thread just a quick curiosity. Money wouldn't really be an issue as I wouldn't mind spending a lot to get the most of out of my headphones

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think it's really nice. I picked it up at a steal of a price for £95 in a sale late October, since then it has been out of stock everywhere and only just came back in but at a higher price so I guess I got really lucky.

How much is it on the sale? I would probably suggest there are better monitors out there when you approach its actual RRP of £165.
    It was on sale for 150$ AUS, which is a reasonable price for what you're getting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    It was on sale for 150$ AUS, which is a reasonable price for what you're getting.
    Yeah I just ran it through a currency converter and that is a fantastic price, wouldn't hesitate buying it (from my experience) at that cost.

Yeah I just ran it through a currency converter and that is a fantastic price, wouldn't hesitate buying it (from my experience) at that cost.
    I just don't like the stand it is on.

If O2/oDAC is out of your pricerange, Xonar DX or - even better - Xonar STX is a great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Because there are two Titans just "swaying in the breeze". "Motherboard box rigs" are not a sign of anything, unless you're trying to diagnose something.
    I love that 'swaying in the breeze'. The real answer is as above as Vynrael and Majesticii pointed out. Custom loop coming along in a Carbide 540! Parts have been ordered and the list is extensive. SLI Titans with EK full length SE blocks, backplates, terminal link, XSPC Raystorm, 240 and 360 alphacool rads, Feser fittings and a nice Bitspower letoff valve for easy draining. Pics will be inc in a few weeks, build logs aren't allowed around here so unfortunately it'll be the finished deal when I post.

For those interested in progress though it'll be on OCN: http://www.overclock.net/t/1448349/b...rsair-cube-540
    Last edited by Fierae; 2013-12-10 at 10:38 AM.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Got bored with the 600T so bought a new case. Also ditched the custom loop and went with a H100i with Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM fans.

Case is a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1. Extremely well built that is almost all steel. Top and front are plastic but is very rigid and well built.

Specs in sig.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been 8 days since anyone has posted anything, almost 9 days! Bad.

I just brought home these new studio monitors for the price of the KRK Rokit 8 G2s on clearance. That's how much the guys in the store (I know them pretty well) like these over the KRKs. Presonus Eris E5 monitors. They have nicer more clear high-end, their bass delivers much better than the KRKs, and are incredibly louder, even at half the volume level. O_o Apparently they have an obnoxiously powerful amp put in them. The KRKs at the store were set to max level and it was shocking to see how night and day the difference between these and them was. Suffice to say, I immediately knew I wanted these ones. The KRKs are good, certainly, but these could sell for twice the price (they were originally $150 each, but the guys dropped them to the KRK clearance of $120 each, which I'd put on hold 2 weeks ago) and still be worth it, hands down. The clarity was that of, if not better than, the M-Audio 5 inchers that were $300 each. I'm extremely happy, they sound fucking AMAZING and are so loud, clear, just, ugh, it's glorious. Computer volume is at 19 and they are filling up my large basement room. Raised them on a Philosophy book and old Skyrim guide. Got the Legendary edition, the old one has finally found a use!

http://www.presonus.com/products/Eris

So moving from these babies (which for $100 were the best speakers I've ever bought...)

Until now.

Go to your local pro audio store and try seeing about listening to these things. It's unbelievable. NO REGRETS.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    You should consider buying AudioEngine ADS2's or something equivalent to replace those books.
    Glad you enjoy your purchase, i have no experience with the models though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    You should consider buying AudioEngine ADS2's or something equivalent to replace those books.
    Glad you enjoy your purchase, i have no experience with the models though
    Haha trust me you're not the first one to mention this

Grats on new awesome setup Deltrus

10+ Year Old Account
    Should probably update my own setup aswell. It's changed quite a bit since it's original build half a year ago.

Current Build

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

Original Build

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

CPU: Core i5-4670K (delidded)
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H60 ('13 edition) + 2x Noctua NF-F12
    Case Cooling: 4 x Noctua NF-A14 FLX
    Motherboard: Asrock Z87M Extreme4
    Case: Corsair 350D Window
    GPU: ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz CL8
    Power Supply: BeQuiet Straight Power E8 580W
    SSD: Crucial M4 64GB
    Datadrive: Gitabit Network Fileserver (125MB/s, 15ms)
    Sound: ASUS Xonar DX + AudioQuest Golden Gate RCA->3.5mm cable

Perhipherals:
    Speakers: Audioengine A5+ Black + AudioEngine ADS2's
    Headset: ASUS ANC Vulcan
    Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 US MX-Brown + Red O-rings
    Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp 2312HM
    Mouse: Logitech G5 Laser Mouse

Delidding Photo's:

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

Ringmod Photo's:

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

10+ Year Old Account
    Round Rock, Tx (US - Thrall/Skullcrusher - Horde)
    That card has a scary droop on it. Other than that, very pretty. :P
    Main Rig:
    CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.6GHz w/ Corsiar H100i in push/pull
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    GPU: EVGA 780ti SC
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 16GB (8x2)
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB w/ WD Caviar Black 2TB

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone is stalking DeltrusDisc (I kid) :P
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i know, i contacted ASUS. They said "it's fine". /ugh. Getting a 680 bracket seems hopeless, might mill something myself at the shop probably.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Yes i know, i contacted ASUS. They said "it's fine". /ugh. Getting a 680 bracket seems hopeless, might mill something myself at the shop probably.
    Xuvial used a rolled up something or other as a stand under his old 580 and braced it with that. lol it seems it worked back then. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Xuvial used a rolled up something or other as a stand under his old 580 and braced it with that. lol it seems it worked back then. :P
    Ah, the other "pencil mod".

http://i.imgur.com/kCpyN.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Paint a bog roll tube glossy black