Judging by the performance of the H60 (only AIO cooler I've owned to date) an H80i would be the best middle ground, price wise, and performance wise. The H60 I have, held an APU 6800K stable @ 5.0Ghz (1.53v) under Prime95 for four hours with a max temp of 63c. Impressive for a slim, single 120mm rad config.

I'm kinda with Majesticii, in that the money seems wasted when there are hidden gems out that that perform just as well, if not better.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
    Yeah i think i'd go for air cooling over liquid. My current system has had liquid cooling since the day i bought it and had no issues with it during the 3 years ive had it. But it's just the thought of one day it leaking and destroying my Pc that cost more than my car D:
    Most fluids in those coolers are non-conductive. Worst that could happen is the cooling unit failing, thus the CPU goes into thermal throttle. It will likely never kill the pc, it'll just be a mess to clean.

Recently completed this first time build:

Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
    Video Card: Asus R9 270x
    CPU: AMD FX8350
    Memory: 8 GB Patriot Mamba 1866mhz
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue
    Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750W
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Keyboard: Steelseries Apex
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Headset: Steelseries Siberia
    Monitor: 24" Samsung LED

imgur.com/6ddskbM

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    H100i is great. People don't go out and post when a product is working well, only when there's a problem and the chance is so small for anything to go wrong.

Long warranty and Corsair customer service is great. If the H100i has an issue and damages anything in your PC, corsair will replace it free of charge (y)
    can confirm that corsair warranty is great. when i did my last build , i bought a ax 860i psu witch was defect. got it replaced really fast free of charge. my mind where kinda blown considering it is a corsair product, as i have never had any issues with their power supplies before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Most fluids in those coolers are non-conductive. Worst that could happen is the cooling unit failing, thus the CPU goes into thermal throttle. It will likely never kill the pc, it'll just be a mess to clean.
    it's the pure water that is non conductive, but it's near impossible to keep it that way, once it has been in your loop it's quite conductive, even more so when it spills out and mixes with dust and any other industrial residue left over from manufacturing

labeling the fluid as "non-conductive" is in reality false, but it gives people a sense of safety when watercooling

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, unless proven otherwise, non-conductive my ass. I highly doubt that even if the loop was filled with non-conductive liquid at the assembly it would remain so for a long. Then again I haven't heard of any of those closed loop coolers leaking so I'd go as far as calling them pretty darn robust.

Edit: Going a bit off-topic but I got curious about actually never hearing these things failing and did a small google search. Turned out that they are in fact like every other component and some leaking happens but the thing that surprised me the most was that in most cases Corsair actually offered to cover, not only damage caused on the cooler, but also other components that might have suffered in the accident. Go Corsair I suppose.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2014-01-12 at 11:47 PM.

It's distilled water with some type of alcohol i think it was Isopropyl. The point is once distilled water gets dirty it's conductive and in such a loop you'll always have some stuff in that water especially with metal parts which you always will have in the loop. Heatpipes we see on aircoolers even contain liquid and I've heard here and there some leak reports so buying an aircooler over a CLC because of a chance of having a leak doesn't make sense if it can happen with both of them.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    It's distilled water with some type of alcohol i think it was Isopropyl. The point is once distilled water gets dirty it's conductive and in such a loop you'll always have some stuff in that water especially with metal parts which you always will have in the loop. Heatpipes we see on aircoolers even contain liquid and I've heard here and there some leak reports so buying an aircooler over a CLC because of a chance of having a leak doesn't make sense if it can happen with both of them.
    I think the difference is that water coolers have rubber and connections like elbow joints and whatnot. Rubber fails more often than a solid pipe. A pipe can be punctured... but the only time I've seen that was when someone lapped their 212 too much.

My specs.

Fx-8350 4.8ghz
    His HD7870
    asrock extreme 9
    Seagate 1tb had
    zalman cnps 12x
    corsair ballistic 1600 8gb
    750 watt corsair bronze
    corsair 600t graphite case.

did a new build recently

parts -

i7 4930k @ 4.9ghz 24/7 use, 5.1 for benching

Asus rampage iv black edition

evga gtx 780ti classified, stock clocks for every day use, 1450/2125 for benching, 1300 core for gaming, memory untouched for gaming. x2

evga 1000w p2 psu

gskill tridentx 2400mhz 16gb ram @ 2800mhz for benching

caselabs sth10

watercooling parts -

EK supremacy clean plexi nickle cpu block

EK 780 classy plexi gpu blocks x2

xspc d5 vario pump

ek d5 pump top

bitspower 250ml reservoir

3x alphacool monsta 480mm radiator

1x alphacool monsta 360mm radiator

e22 hard acrylic tubing

bitspower multilink enhance black fittings

scythe gentle typhoon ap-15 fans

links to pictures since they are freakin huge pictures since i forgot to resize them

http://cdn.overclock.net/d/d1/d13012fc_camera1010.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/f/f9/f9f24e5f_camera1009.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/d/d2/d2b702e5_camera1002.jpeg

next to the "almighty" 900D

http://cdn.overclock.net/e/e3/e3b16e24_camera1057.jpeg

benching/overclocking results with single card, as i usually only bench one card at a time

http://cdn.overclock.net/7/76/765e0479_firestrike8.png

http://cdn.overclock.net/e/e1/e1f41c...keextreme1.png

cpu cinebench score @ 4.9ghz

http://cdn.overclock.net/3/36/36aa41a0_cinebench3.png

cpu at 5.1

http://valid.canardpc.com/hnjanj

Szeged is my OCN btw if anyones wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet PC!

Just realized I see you a lot on Overclock.net (y)!
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

15+ Year Old Account
    Very nice. Am I blind though, where's the other gpu? Also, how do you work that hard tubing? Is it like metal pipes eg. you fill it with something and heat it up? The only thing I'm disliking personally is the case.. It's like twice too big for that hardware, would look so much better in something tidier.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much open space D:

Current Setup(from memory)
    CPU: AMD FX-8350(oc'd to 4.5ghz)
    RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600mhz
    GPU: Asus GTX780
    MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula-z AM3+
    Cooler: NZXT Kraken x60
    PSU: EVGA Supernova NEX 750 (750W)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820
    SSD: Seagate 240gb
    HDD: Seagate 500GB/WD 1tb green

Please excuse the mess

And i thought my old phantom was huge O_O

Last edited by Dezrow; 2014-01-15 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Please use thumbnails for large images.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Very nice. Am I blind though, where's the other gpu? Also, how do you work that hard tubing? Is it like metal pipes eg. you fill it with something and heat it up? The only thing I'm disliking personally is the case.. It's like twice too big for that hardware, would look so much better in something tidier.
    in those pics i only had one card in, i always test my cards one at a time :P

ill get some updated pics with the two classified 780tis in, and soon to be 3x 780ti kingpin cards

if i got anything smaller for a case i wouldnt have enough room for this much radiator space lol, monstas are freakin huge.

Deleted
    finally someone with a build in that case, thank you sir, it looks epic, prefer open space like that, really makes the hardware shine to my eyes, can really put away the cables

10+ Year Old Account
    Trouble with lots of open space is the need for extra airflow. Small formfactor cases actually need less airflow than larger ones, contrary to popular belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    ill get some updated pics with the two classified 780tis in, and soon to be 3x 780ti kingpin cards
    Awesome setup Gorehowl, and yes that setup needs more cards !
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

It's long past due... but here is my build from over a year or more ago.

I5-3570k @ 4.2
    ASRock Extreme4 Z77
    MSI GTX 770 2GB
    Corsair vengeance 16GB LP
    Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
    Crucial M4 128GB
    Western Digital Cavlair Black 1TB
    Asus DVD
    Asus BluRay
    Corsair H80I
    Windows 7
    ViewSonic VX2252MH 22"
    Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical
    Seasonic 750w Gold
    Cooler Master Storm Trooper
    Razer Naga / Logitech G500
    SR850 - Profession Studio Reference Headphones
    AntLion ModMic

Last edited by Sthos; 2014-01-15 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice setup Sthos.

Although it would bug the hell out of me having 1 monitor not level to the other 2. I guess since the other 2 are mounted onto wall brackets you have no other choice since from the loot of it, that HP monitor can't be wall mounted?

p.s. Will post my setup tomorrow when I get my new rig then update a week later when I get my new 2nd monitor. Sucks only having 1

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    nice setup Sthos.

Although it would bug the hell out of me having 1 monitor not level to the other 2. I guess since the other 2 are mounted onto wall brackets you have no other choice since from the loot of it, that HP monitor can't be wall mounted?

p.s. Will post my setup tomorrow when I get my new rig then update a week later when I get my new 2nd monitor. Sucks only having 1
    Yeah the HP monitor cannot be wall-mounted. It's an old picture but I have a nice custom made self for it leveling it out with the other 2.