10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Any internal shots? Verdict on the Hadron Air?

I have one ordered. Issue is I'm not planning to build anything for at least a couple of months. I would move my build if it was mITX but sadly it is not.
    taken with the potato-phone:

overall the case is very well built and very high quality, i had to RMA the powersupply that came with it, but other than that no problems

wiretucking is not possible, but thats to be expected with the limited space

the only negatives i would have is that the PSU comes with two molex lines for some reason, they are not needed, a single molex would be fine, but two whole lines are pointless, you'll never get that much stuff in this case, also, the power button does not have a quality feel to it, it's functional, but feels cheap

one thing to note is that even for an ITX build, this is not an easy build, there is almost no room to work with, so unless you have toddler sized hands, you will get frustrated a few times

i wanted to grab a hadron to try a SFF build with, but im going with a CL mercury S3 instead lol. Once you go caselabs, you cant use anything else :P

i do like the full use of evga gear in that rig though, even their cooler :P was also gonna grab a z87 stinger but going with an impact instead since EK already has blocks for it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    @Zangu
    That looks extremely sweet, although a bit too cluttered for my taste - especially that heap of cables that just dangles under your desk. For such a nice overall impression, my advise would be that you tidy that up for a true 10/10.
    Thank you!

Yeah, those cables are a visual pain but there's not THAT much I can do about them as some cables would require extra length should I decide to reroute them neatly along the table frame which just isn't possible as most of these culprits can't be replaced but only extended by another cable causing even more clutter.

And then there's the other problem of moving the case from underneath the Table itself which can't be done if I Zip tie the cables into strands unless I open them up again - Not something I like to do as I more ore less regularly exchange parts.

Ah well... All hail the mighty glass table! Showing mercilessly every fingerprint and cable cluttering normally not visible! *bow*

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finally heard the IPS calling - however I didn't want to go for anything too low-quality. I want to easily be able to return it if I don't like it/have errors/want to upgrade and have decent customer support nearby. Thus Korean monitors are completely out of the picture. I found one for actually a pretty decent price that is a rather new monitor from ASUS, using the newest IPS panel technology - AH-IPS. Thus, here is the A+ panel ASUS MX239H in all of its lacking VESA, DVI, and DisplayPort glory! :P

The box, sitting precariously in my passenger seat of my car.

The monitor, I know, horrible unboxing steps. 1/10 would not watch this guy.

Test setup, pretest.

Comparison with 2 year old Acer S211HL LED-backlit thing. Pretty sure Blizzard didn't intend Malthael and stuff to look blue. ;P

Before take-down.

Size comparison, seeing if I could even use the monitor stand for other monitors with this one, the answer is no.

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3, part of this complete breakfast!

Hoping to keep it this clean! Yeah, the markings on the desk which are conveniently near where my mouse sits, are not a coincidence... for a while I wasn't using a mouse-pad because I prefer not to - but this desk unlike my old one can't seem to handle some plastic.

Desk setup of peripherals:

ASUS MX239H AH-IPS monitor
    Blue Snowball Microphone
    Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors
    TASCAM US-366 USB Audio Interface
    Corsair K90 mech. keyboard
    Razer 2008(or 2009) Death Adder

Important peripherals not in picture:

Audio Technica ATH-AD700 open headphones
    Shure SRH440 closed headphones
    Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    Lots of craft beer.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I finally heard the IPS calling - however I didn't want to go for anything too low-quality. I want to easily be able to return it if I don't like it/have errors/want to upgrade and have decent customer support nearby. Thus Korean monitors are completely out of the picture. I found one for actually a pretty decent price that is a rather new monitor from ASUS, using the newest IPS panel technology - AH-IPS. Thus, here is the A+ panel ASUS MX239H in all of its lacking VESA, DVI, and DisplayPort glory! :P

Hoping to keep it this clean! Yeah, the markings on the desk which are conveniently near where my mouse sits, are not a coincidence... for a while I wasn't using a mouse-pad because I prefer not to - but this desk unlike my old one can't seem to handle some plastic.

Desk setup of peripherals:

ASUS MX239H AH-IPS monitor
    Blue Snowball Microphone
    Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors
    TASCAM US-366 USB Audio Interface
    Corsair K90 mech. keyboard
    Razer 2008(or 2009) Death Adder

Important peripherals not in picture:

Audio Technica ATH-AD700 open headphones
    Shure SRH440 closed headphones
    Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    Lots of craft beer.
    How do you like the K90? Do you use the side buttons at all? Looking to upgrade my keyboard and I'm thinking about the K70 because I doubt I'll be using the side macro buttons on the K90.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the k90 for the red switches. But it has errors and the partial mechanical is annoying. Can't really wait to replace it with something better.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the k90 for the red switches. But it has errors and the partial mechanical is annoying. Can't really wait to replace it with something better.
    at some point i will make it to the post office

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really wanting to buy a 2560x1440 monitor, but the cost. I'm thinking of just doing it and getting it over with, but I also dislike eBay and it coming from Korea, shipping costs would probably be about the same price as the monitor right? Anyways, here's my new setup, excuse the mess I started messing with my old rig to get it setup as a server but got lazy and just left it for a couple weeks. And my setup isn't exactly all that good, it's crap I think.

Excuse the horrible desk, horrible chair and horrible cable management in the corner there. Don't even know why I have a good rig as I don't do nothing with it.

I'm going to move the HDDs from the bottom to the server one day, just need to stop being lazy about it and just do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ why would you dislike eBay its much safer then buying anything from other sources that sell Korean monitors that I've seen. Also you shouldn't worry about the shipping most sellers who are selling Korean monitors on eBay like the QNIX, X-Star and Yamakazi offer free shipping. I know what your thinking its free shipping so it would probably take months to get here. Not really, myself and ALOT of others have gotten there's in a 4-5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zangu View Post
    <Snip>
    I am not going to lie, this is pretty amazing for the setup. I am pretty sure wifey would WANT to kill me if I were able to pull something like this off. Though, I did choose a pool table and a shuffleboard for my cave.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-01-20 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Please don't quote entire posts when they're that long.

Still looking for an alternative to those ugly Noctua Fans but I'm such a sucker for silent Systems T__T
    Try these ... They give the Noctuas a run for their money as far as noise vs CFM. --->http://tinyurl.com/nwr75vf

I just ordered 4x of the 140mmx25mm versions for my system, due to be here Friday, along with some cables to clean up the mess I have, and an EL strip to experiment with.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravewyrm View Post
    Try these ... They give the Noctuas a run for their money as far as noise vs CFM. --->http://tinyurl.com/nwr75vf

I just ordered 4x of the 140mmx25mm versions for my system, due to be here Friday, along with some cables to clean up the mess I have, and an EL strip to experiment with.
    There is no link supporting that claim. Also, sleeve bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewyrm View Post

Comparing the specs to Noctua NFS-12B it is a bit of a letdown, lower CFM, same static pressure at a tiny bit louder noise, even a much cheaper fan like Enermax T.B Silence has the same CFM and noise but a bit better static pressure for half the price.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    i would look at BeQuiet's fans as a reasonable alternative to Noctua

10+ Year Old Account
    Or be patient and wait for Noctua's black fans. Those were looking pretty nice last year at whatever convention it was. Hopefully they'll be launched soon!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or be patient and wait for Noctua's black fans. Those were looking pretty nice last year at whatever convention it was. Hopefully they'll be launched soon!
    iirc those were for industrial customers only, and at the time of announcement, noctua had no plans to release them to consumers

Deleted
    noctua is sticking with the current colour scheme to customers as it brands noctua straight away from everyone else, they see that as more important

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not the colour which was important about those fans, it was the 6pool drive which should also be implemented in their consumer fans.

Deleted
    was in reference to its branding that comes off its performance, they wanted to stand out, the thought of making someones system look nice in their eyes is meaningless in this case which is the message i tried to get across

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone assuming that noone likes the looks. I personally like the looks of the noctua fans..