The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd buy another if they had support for vesa, but I think I'm okay with just one and the two TN panels on the mount. Now I can show friends why ips is so good with examples.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'd buy another if they had support for vesa, but I think I'm okay with just one and the two TN panels on the mount. Now I can show friends why ips is so good with examples.
    That's mean. Meaaaan. How useful do you find VESA to be, I never bothered with it before, but since I don't have a gigantic desk so... it might help?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    That's mean. Meaaaan. How useful do you find VESA to be, I never bothered with it before, but since I don't have a gigantic desk so... it might help?
    Depends how flexible the vesa mounts are..
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

Anyone have a link to the Vesa mount you're talking about?

15+ Year Old Account

lol do you have a link to like amazon or newegg where I can see cost/specs/etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vesa mount is just a standard. Don't know which monitor mount specifically Deltrus is using but that was just a random pic to demonstrate the hole alignment.

Aahh ok. Guess that makes more sense then. So that type of mount can easily be turned from Landscape to Portrait, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The VESA monitor mount stand I got is one from monoprice.com... incredibly cheap yet extremely sturdy! I love the thing!

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Allow me to show you guys some before and after shots, since that one mod asked how much it actually has helped.

I used to have a super small desk compared to my current one, so to do dual monitors, I really had to... be innovative.

Before:

After:

Here is a shot from before I got the ASUS IPS monitor, but had just gotten new Presonus Eris E5 studio monitors (AMAZINGGGG!)

And of course, current shot is on previous page. If I get around to cleaning up, I'll take a better shot.
    "A flower.

WOW that is really cheap! And you like it? Trust it having both monitors on there and is really sturdy? I mean I don't want over $200 worth of monitors to just slam down on the desk randomly.

EDIT: I'm guessing you can adjust the height of where the monitors are at via the center piece?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekillermg View Post
    Aahh ok. Guess that makes more sense then. So that type of mount can easily be turned from Landscape to Portrait, etc etc.
    Yeah, one of the benefits of these mounts is the added movement and such you get. Very versatile with options. I got a cheaper one, so it is limited, but it can do what I need it to do. Though I wish it could go higher. I'd center it on my desk, then.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW that is really cheap! And you like it? Trust it having both monitors on there and is really sturdy? I mean I don't want over $200 worth of monitors to just slam down on the desk randomly.

EDIT: I'm guessing you can adjust the height of where the monitors are at via the center piece?
    Yeah, I now have it set as high as it can go (again, previous page) but here's a link to the image directly.

Yeah, the Gateway monitor (right one in the pictures on this page) is older and very heavy compared to the slim Acer, so it kinda makes it tilt a little, but the stand was built for up to 24" monster monitors. It can still hold a heavier monitor where the Acer is, if need be.
    "A flower.

So having say, 2 of the monitors I said I have instead of 1, wouldn't be a problem for it? I would like to get another Asus one of the one I already have. And that thing would be perfect for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it would handle them with ease. Your monitor weighs only 9 pounds and my Acer weighs about 6.

On the other hand, my Gateway weighs considerably more than my Acer, so trust me, you'll be alright.
    "A flower.

Wonder if that's 9 pounds with the stand, because it doesn't feel like 9 pounds at all lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    To put things in perspective, I'm pretty sure my Gateway is at least 20 pounds. :P
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To put things in perspective, I'm pretty sure my Gateway is at least 20 pounds. :P
    OH DEAR LORD! That is heavy!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Stand is Aavara 20-24inch!

Just an update!

When it comes to monitor stands it varies wildly what you're getting. I ordered two wall-mounts for Christmas as a gift to a friend of mine, and they were like $15 a pop, and when we received them it was clear that the wall was going to cave in before the arms did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8Tripa View Post

Stand is Aavara 20-24inch!

Just an update!

Nice! but to be honest i wouldnt feel great about the cards beeing that close together, frankly i dont like multi gpu setups in general

10+ Year Old Account
    OH DEAR LORD! That is heavy!
    So I found the monitor on Amazon and Newegg: http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-HD2201...gateway+hd2201

Apparently it is about 15 pounds, judging from both sites. Amazon says 13, but I call bull on that! Besides, I think it still makes the point, the stand can hold up something pretty heavy, so you need not worry!

Also, I always thought it was a really nice monitor with nice vibrant colors, and when compared to the ASUS AH-IPS it sure looks similar, based on a lot of the reviews and such, sounds like it was one of the better monitors around back in 2008! I knew there was a reason I had not yet replaced it. ;p Gateway receives +2 Credibility by Deltrus.
    "A flower.