Quote Originally Posted by ZarG View Post
    Nice! but to be honest i wouldnt feel great about the cards beeing that close together, frankly i dont like multi gpu setups in general
    I personally wouldn't go with 3. But I would do 2. Having the 3 in his pic like that would seem like they would run really warm.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekillermg View Post
    I personally wouldn't go with 3. But I would do 2. Having the 3 in his pic like that would seem like they would run really warm.
    They probably do, considering they have reference coolers on them. =|
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    They probably do, considering they have reference coolers on them. =|
    Which is kind of the thing for SLI. You know, blower design and all. Note that those are not hawaii series gpu's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully not Hawaii. Otherwise I think the poster would be deaf by now! :P
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    If his house hadn't burned down first. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Got some new toys, also RIP my Ducky Shine 3

Basically replaced my Logitech G602

Edit: My power plug looks shocked haha
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    what happened to your ducky?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So I found the monitor on Amazon and Newegg: http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-HD2201...gateway+hd2201

Apparently it is about 15 pounds, judging from both sites. Amazon says 13, but I call bull on that! Besides, I think it still makes the point, the stand can hold up something pretty heavy, so you need not worry!

Also, I always thought it was a really nice monitor with nice vibrant colors, and when compared to the ASUS AH-IPS it sure looks similar, based on a lot of the reviews and such, sounds like it was one of the better monitors around back in 2008! I knew there was a reason I had not yet replaced it. ;p Gateway receives +2 Credibility by Deltrus.
    That is still stupidly heavy. D:

Also that VESA one you linked, would you recommend it cost to build quality? I fall into the paranoia category. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    what happened to your ducky?
    I am assuming he moved it so can take the pics or his new toys. BTW how is Rival im looking for a new mouse here soon.
    Last edited by Akaena; 2014-03-16 at 10:03 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Rival looks like my Sensei only it looks like the top is a matte finish rather then glossy like mine is. They are good mice, I just wish the side buttons on the Sensei were a bit larger, which is what the Rival has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    That is still stupidly heavy. D:

Also that VESA one you linked, would you recommend it cost to build quality? I fall into the paranoia category. D:
    I was certainly skeptical before I got it, as well! I mean really, $40 for a dual monitor stand when places like Newegg have them for usually $80+? Surely this is a load of bull! I found that my dreams came true. While the mount might lean just a little bit, I think most would. Especially considering my 15~ pound monitor! But were you to use two thin-frame monitors like my Acer S211HL at 6 pounds? It would probably shine even more.

I've had the thing now for almost a year and it is showing no signs of wear!

- - - Updated - - -

Coming soon to a post a few spots down this thread or so near you!

"A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, nice. I'll get it when I can.

That SSD reminds me of my first on, the M4 128GB one. It's like nostalgia, even if it was only a year ago.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I will be ordering that stand here shortly. Really really want to get that and another monitor to have a dual monitor setup. Probably in a week or two. Have the money. But don't want to splurge out of what I have saved already, quite yet at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Alright, nice. I'll get it when I can.

That SSD reminds me of my first on, the M4 128GB one. It's like nostalgia, even if it was only a year ago.
    hehe, I have the m4 128GB too. Fantastic drive! Bought it wayyyyy back in mid 2011! Cost me about $240 back then! Hurt, but was worth it! It sure has done well, and still is!
    "A flower.

Hey Deltrus, is that M500 120gig SSD a good price for $70? I feel like it is. But would that be enough storage for, say, Windows 8.1 and WoW?

I understand exactly what you mean there is just not enough flow tor them that and ati micro stutter is enough to drive a man crazy next build will be using dual lightning cards and swapping to intell.

Max temps im getting are 80 degrees celcius from the top card running at about 60% fan speed, positive pressure in the case helps direct all the heat out the back it pulls about 40% better synthetic scores than titan but the power draw is crazy.

I made some mistakes with this build but hopefully I will learn from them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekillermg View Post
    Hey Deltrus, is that M500 120gig SSD a good price for $70? I feel like it is. But would that be enough storage for, say, Windows 8.1 and WoW?
    Price is excellent, look at how much I spent on my m4 128GB above. Hint: $240.

I can't imagine Windows 8.1 takes up much more space than 7, so let's go with this:

At one time, I've had:

WoW installed, Rift installed, and Diablo 3 installed, all on the same drive with Windows, with space to spare. :P

Currently on it, is Windows 7, Diablo 3, mildly modded Skyrim, Rift (oh, should uninstall that), Hearthstone, 3DMark 2013, Age of Empires 2 HD, Orcs Must Die 2, Path of Exile, Binding of Isaac, Unigine Heavy and Valley GPU benchmarks (each sits at about 300-350 MB), Fraps, Chrome, and such. Basically, it counts for more space than you may expect. Currently it has 19.3GB free, with all those things considered. :P

The new SSD will allow me to have, simultaneously installed(OMG!), ESO, WoW, Diablo 3, SC2, PoE, Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind.

Specifically planning on modding the literal shit out of Skyrim. I need to push that GTX 760!
    "A flower.

I just setup my first watercooling loop over the weekend . Very happy with the results for my first go, hoping to get another GTX 770 and a second rad before throwing GPUs into the loop.

Case: HAF X 942
    CPU: i7-4820K @ 4.6Ghz OC
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm 750 waterblock w/ an XSPC EX360 Triple fan radiator | x3 Corsair SP120 HP edition (exhaust) fans. Reservoir/Pump is in the drive bay. 240mm Front Intake (Red LED), 200mm side Intake (Red LED) and a SP120 HP edition back exhaust.
    GPU: GTX 770
    Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79
    HDD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and a 1TB WD Black.
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Z 4x4GB (16GB) @ 2133mhz.
    CPU: Corsair HX750

No OC'z pushed yet, besides the 4.6Ghz I had before the loop.

10+ Year Old Account
    OOooOOooOOO

So nice to see a proper liquid cooling loop setup! How are you liking the Corsair fans on the rads?

- - - Updated - - -

So I got it.

I hooked her up.

Isn't it such a mess?

Wow, such a mess indeed!

Pretty much swore off cable management after killing my two drives. >_<

- - - Updated - - -

Oh right, the speeds.

Here:

"A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaena View Post
    I am assuming he moved it so can take the pics or his new toys. BTW how is Rival im looking for a new mouse here soon.
    probably the best sensor on the market, im not a fan of the rubber grip on the sides though and compared to the Sensei it feels a little big, but that sensor....this thing could be shaped like a brick and shock you every time you touch it and it would still be one of the best mice on the market

i believe the Corsair M45 has the same sensor, i may buy a m45 and m60/65 and mash the two together, but i already ordered a Sensei wireless, im just disappointed its still using a laser sensor