Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    given the right work load that mac will run circles around your computer, instead of hating apple, people should be buying them, at least one (mac mini is like $600), how much more advanced of a computer user will you be if you know not only windows, but OSX as well
    My dad is an iSheep, and I wind up having to fix everything that is wrong with his stupid iMac. I can work with the OS, but by no means are their computers of intelligent design. The Mac Mini isn't horrible, it's fine for someone on a budget that needs a system that is of a small form factor and doesn't have massive amounts of features that bloat the price up, but for advanced power users who need more robust hardware you either have to overpay for a Mac Pro or you have to go Windows. I will have more respect for Apple when they let me start installing Mac OS X on my own computers rather then their crappy systems like the iMac with obsolete hardware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    My dad is an iSheep, and I wind up having to fix everything that is wrong with his stupid iMac. I can work with the OS, but by no means are their computers of intelligent design. The Mac Mini isn't horrible, it's fine for someone on a budget that needs a system that is of a small form factor and doesn't have massive amounts of features that bloat the price up, but for advanced power users who need more robust hardware you either have to overpay for a Mac Pro or you have to go Windows. I will have more respect for Apple when they let me start installing Mac OS X on my own computers rather then their crappy systems like the iMac with obsolete hardware.
    overpay what? price out a desktop with equal specs to the mac pro

/sigh

Apple are generally obnoxiously expensive, but don't apply that brush to every product without spending a moment to check what you're getting versus what the price is. The newest Mac Pro, the socalled 'trashbins', sport FirePro cards that normally would be obscenely more expensive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    /sigh

Apple are generally obnoxiously expensive, but don't apply that brush to every product without spending a moment to check what you're getting versus what the price is. The newest Mac Pro, the socalled 'trashbins', sport FirePro cards that normally would be obscenely more expensive.
    This.
    While i don't like apple, i have to admit that the new mac pro is actually not that expensive. If you spec out a similar pc based system, you end up with pretty much the same price. Only that the mac pro is about the size of a small Mini-ITX system and the pc is a normal-sized (or at least µATX) tower.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    overpay what? price out a desktop with equal specs to the mac pro
    I checked for the gpu's these things have and i cant seem to find them, at least not one with a price on it.
    On the other hand anyone who can actually make use of it probably doesn't care about what it costs and uses it as a bussines expense.

On a different note, there is no arguing with the fact that their midsection products are very overpriced, try adding one tb of storage, or a few gb's of memory on a regular mac, you'll pay its price as if it was gold, the iphone being the best example.
    And if you don't believe that i'll gladly pair up a pc versus an imac.

What apple does have are very good designers/engineers, and a glorious marketing department since half of their customers only buys their stuff because of the brand, which in it's own shows what kind of genius jobs was.

In the end it comes down to one thing, something is worth as much as you're willing to spend on it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We aren't saying the mid-tier/consumer-end products aren't overpriced, they most certainly are, however, this Mac Pro, which is really not a consumer-grade product, as it is more focused on people doing graphic design work for businesses, etc, which means business expense, like you said.

AMD FirePro and NVidia's equivalent, the Quadro series, are both enterprise-grade hardware and thus very very expensive... but have their own benefits plus much better support.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I moved into my new place a couple weeks ago and finally got around to taking some pictures:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4-M
    Memory: 16GB Mushkin Blackline Enhanced
    SSD1: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4
    SSD2: 120GB OCZ Vertex 3
    Video Card: MSI GTX 680
    Case: SilverStone TJ08B-E
    Power Supply: SeaSonic X750W
    Primary Monitor: 27" QNIX QX2710
    Mouse: ZOWIE GEAR AM
    Mouse Pad: Steelseries Qck
    Keyboard: ZOWIE GEAR Celeritas
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-03-23 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drew, your computer is upside down. When did you go to a SilverStone case?

I got a new toy, finally upgraded to a real mousepad! The little wrist rest is so smooth and soft.

"A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've had it for quite sometime, I've posted pictures of it before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I've had it for quite sometime, I've posted pictures of it before.
    Lies lies!

My mousepad is obviously cooler.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings View Post
    Which version of the DT 990's did you get? I've got the DT 990 Premium 32 Ohm, and I absolutely fucking love them (I got them summer of 2012 and they are still going strong with many hundreds of hours put into them (if not thousands, I listen to a lot of music with them).

Either way, DT 990's are amazing, you should enjoy them a lot!

What are you driving them with? I'm using a Xonar Essence STX soundcard for mine, and it has worked wonderfully so far (it was a tremendous improvement over the default soundcard on the motherboard, also, I like that it has a 6.3 mm headphone jack slot, so that I can use the 6.3 mm jack with my DT 990's instead of the 3.5 mm)
    Pretty sure his audio setup is the Schiit Modi for DAC and then Magni for headphone amp. Really nice American-built audiophile hardware.

www.schiit.com
    "A flower.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    /sigh

The MacPro is clearly not an iMac, which are overpriced and so are their laptops. You can get more from a Windows laptop for a lot less and iMac's use freaking laptop hardware, which is a terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rennadrel, no one was talking about the laptops. At least not initially.
    "A flower.

You already can. Gigabyte and some Asus MoBos can be used, as well as GTX 7xx series and Rx series AMD cards. Bit of research, and you will know this.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

The MacPro is clearly not an iMac, which are overpriced and so are their laptops. You can get more from a Windows laptop for a lot less and iMac's use freaking laptop hardware, which is a terrible idea.
    Yes, and I don't give a flying fuck, since I was specifically talking about the Mac Pro. Which, by the way, you called an obsolete and overpriced trashcan among things...

Did you have any more stupid things to tell us? Like the sky is blue and the grass is green? We know these things already, but clearly you didn't know what's in the Mac Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

I got a new toy, finally upgraded to a real mousepad! The little wrist rest is so smooth and soft.

Wow that looks nice, you have a link to it? Ive been looking into a mousepad similar to that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    Wow that looks nice, you have a link to it? Ive been looking into a mousepad similar to that
    Break the image link and also Google search "Razer Vespula" (the name is in the picture).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Arrived yesterday:

Okay, not exactly a gaming setup

2.7GHz 12-core with 30MB of L3 cache
    Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5
    etc...
    I'm normally against Apple, but I have to say that is one fine piece of hardware.

Wouldn't see that baby sitting in your stereotypical 14 year old apple fan-girls bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Break the image link and also Google search "Razer Vespula" (the name is in the picture).
    yea I quickly glanced when I first saw it, but thanks yeah I found it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
    Any reason you have the reservoirs on the top of that huge case? Kind of kills the look IMO.