The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Any reason you have the reservoirs on the top of that huge case? Kind of kills the look IMO.
    There was no other place to neatly fit a reservoir that would look nice, it will look a lot nicer when I finally get the actual coolant I intend to use in it
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    given the right work load that mac will run circles around your computer, instead of hating apple, people should be buying them, at least one (mac mini is like $600), how much more advanced of a computer user will you be if you know not only windows, but OSX as well
    ...sorry I don't support companies who only a few years ago helped create a generation of ignorant computer users who think still think that macintoshes "just work" and that they don't have viruses. I will rue the day when knowing anything about the macintosh OS will become a sort of a mandatory thing for me. I'm a computer science student but this company just deserves to go up in flames, they've done nothing but create misconceptions about the computer world and help build cults for their products.

Tell me, in their newest creation passed down by god to moses himself, this trash can radiator, who benefits from having the video card split into two physical components besides apple themselves, who are the sole providers of replacements for these monstrosities?
    Last edited by BlizzardApologist; 2014-03-24 at 08:55 PM.

While I understand your concerns, you might want to drop the hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    Tell me, in their newest creation passed down by god to moses himself, this trash can radiator, who benefits from having the video card split into two physical components besides apple themselves, who are the sole providers of replacements for these monstrosities?
    Monstrosity or not it is damn beautiful.

Anyway, allow me to provide you all with some slight amusement while presenting my 7 year old "gaming" setup:

http://s30.postimg.org/5qailiv29/DSC06448.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/vxbphhdc1/DSC06449.jpg

- Core 2 Duo @ 2.5 Ghz
    - 4GB @ 667 Mhz memory
    - 320 GB HD @ 7200 RPM
    - GeForce 8600M GT

Peripherals are to die for though :P:

- Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard with rubber dampeners installed to lower noise
    - Roccat Kone Pure mouse w/ Roccat Taito mouse pad
    - 25" HP 1080 monitor 5ms

Extra:

- 3 empty Axe sprays holding my laptop elevated above ground
    - 1 huge fan blowing air during the summer
    - CAT7 Ethernet cable and CAT6 wall-to-modem cable for maximum error reduction from today's endless wi-fi sources

Yes...that is a VGA cable.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-03-25 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Thumbnails please!

7 year old laptop? I assume it's doing double-duty as the room radiator by the looks of it.

Oh yeah when that GPU heats up to 67 degrees in BGs I can safely turn my heat down to 18 Celsius, and the fan will blow out the rest of the necessary heat to compensate...and still after 7 years it's managed to somehow not melt down. Say what you will about Dell today, but they built this one pretty sturdily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that bottle of water for if it catches on fire? Points for the ghetto cooling though.

Haha no if it catches fire I'll call a priest, dig a hole and say a fond farewell to 1600$ well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Is that bottle of water for if it catches on fire? Points for the ghetto cooling though.
    This just in, you don't throw water into burning electronics.

Dual monitor stand should be here tomorrow, and my second monitor should be here Wednesday. Will hopefully take pictures that night or Thursday. Can't wait and really excited to have everything finally!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    ...sorry I don't support companies who only a few years ago helped create a generation of ignorant computer users who think still think that macintoshes "just work" and that they don't have viruses. I will rue the day when knowing anything about the macintosh OS will become a sort of a mandatory thing for me. I'm a computer science student but this company just deserves to go up in flames, they've done nothing but create misconceptions about the computer world and help build cults for their products.

two separate video cards, as in dual GPU, not a single GPU split in two

also, the ignorant one is the one who doesn't know, refusing to learn something by definition makes you ignorant

i have a mix of apple, windows and linux at home, and the apple stuff really does 'just work', of course i know how it works, but for the average user it's magic, which im fine with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    This just in, you don't throw water into burning electronics.
    well, if it is on fire....

The hate being thrown at the Mac Pro, and Apple in general is the fruit of ignorance.

Saying the Mac Pro is overpriced, merely confirms bias towards the company, rather than objective criticism. Bias is ignorance. Refusing to be educated by sticking to an erroneous standpoint is stupidity.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Just try to argument it better, for your own sake.

You will not find a system, with the Mac Pro's hardware, nigh perfect symbiosis between soft- and hardware and level of engineering. Especially not, at that price.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2014-03-25 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    The hate being thrown at the Mac Pro, and Apple in general is the fruit of ignorance.

Saying the Mac Pro is overpriced, merely confirms bias towards the company, rather than objective criticism. Bias is ignorance. Refusing to be educated by sticking to an erroneous standpoint is stupidity.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Just try to argument it better, for your own sake.

You will not find a system, with the Mac Pro's hardware, nigh perfect symbiosis between soft- and hardware and level of engineering. Especially not, at that price.
    So many of the posts like this I would like to +1

That's enough with the Apple discussion, brand bashing is forbidden across the forum, but especially so in this thread.

My new build!
    Eyecandy!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

CPU is I7 4770k
    Last edited by Str8Tripa; 2014-03-26 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i cant tell from the pic of boxes. do you have a heatsink or watercooling plan for the cpu? just curious
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Deleted
    Yeah the stock Intel heatsink looks so out of place

I have to save some more to get oil cooling I could throw my H110 on it but I feel this setup deserves ek components!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Tripa View Post
    I have to save some more to get oil cooling I could throw my H110 on it but I feel this setup deserves ek components!
    The h110 is a very good cooler though. Personally I wouldn't bother with custom loops unless you intend to 'watercool' your graphic cards as well.