Cleaned up the cables and added the SLI

Thought I show the result

Sorry bad S4 camera quality

I just returned the gigabyte gtx 780s and got a pair of EVGA ACX Oc cards and i7 running at 60c max temps will repost finished build -water.

Got my Schiit yesterday, spent around half of the afternoon listening to music.

It's honestly my first time listening to music where I'm able to hear EVERYTHING happening in a song.

It's so... pure, so beautiful!

(Schiit Magni & Modi paired with BeyerDynamic DT990 250Ohm)
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post

It's honestly my first time listening to music where I'm able to hear EVERYTHING happening in a song.

-snip-

That is some pretty sexy Schiit.
    Nice choice on the DT990's to accompany that setup.

Got to love those Beyerdynamic velour pads. Too bad my old DT770's headband kept making my head ache, despite two weeks worth of initial book training to relieve the clamp tension. I ended up picking up some AD900x's and have been in love since. Perhaps I should look into fitting my AD900x with Beyerdynamic velour pads.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Dell U2711 27" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Zowie FK1 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Got a new rig few months back:
    (it's still WIP, i bought the most expensive/important things first)

CPU: Intel i7 4770K stock
    GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II 4GB OC edition
    RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz > picked the most cheapest ram, will replace it later on
    SSD: Kingston SSDnow V300 60GB (Just for windows and Dayz/ArmA)
    HDD: Western Digital 500GB Caviar Green 5400rpm-7200rpm
    A crappy mini-itx motherboard > replace it later
    Cheap case: Corsair 300R > will replace it with a 750D or 760T
    PSU: Corsair CX600M (probably keep this, and upgrade later when i go crossfire.)
    Monitor: Dell U2913WM 2560x1080 (i'll keep it and safe for a 4K display in the future)

What i still want/need:

High-end speakers, m-audio bx5 or bx6 carbon with a m-audio sbx10 340w active subwoofer.
    Mechanical keyboard and mouse
    Soundcard, probably the Soundblaster Z
    New case.
    high end motherboard.
    high end memory.
    CPU All-in-one watercooling kit. (Corsair H105 probably)
    Second Asus R9 290 DCII/OC videocard.

On the topic of audio...rushed photo of my latest purchase, a Logitech UE Boom Box.

The rise of portable bluetooth speakers has been pretty nuts and made it really hard for me to pick one...especially considering I had no plans to use it with bluetooth, always aux input/line-in. This was the only one out of the 4-5 other competing players (Jambox, Sony, Braven, etc) I tested in-store where my Cowon J3 or Galaxy S4 wasn't too weak as aux input. The build quality feels rock-solid...perhaps not as sturdy as Braven products (all-metal lol) but good enough with it's one-piece metal handle.

As expected the bass was overpowered through the roof (oh Logitech) to the point where I had to greatly lower it below normal on my J3's EQ to achieve any kind of balance.
    Overall VERY happy with the purchase, this thing cranks out some serious volume considering the size! The battery lasts at least 4-5 hours at decent volume, can freely move it around the house or take it anywhere with me e.g. for workout/gym, guitar practice, parties, short trips to places, etc but usually I have it plugged into somewhere.

I got stuff
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...153155_286.jpg

Xrite i1 software
    Pre-calibration
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...l/pb238pre.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8precalman.png
    Post-calibration
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...l/pb238pos.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...b238calman.png

120cd/m2 (Lux), 2.2 Gamma, 6500k white point target.
    Have an issue trying to calibrate the one color range, the one highlighted by a red square. So it wasn't exactly a total success for calibration.
    I might check out CalMAN software.

My other monitor on the other hand is a complete mess to calibrate. It does have like, 27k or 28k hours on on it.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-04-01 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncutshadow View Post
    Cleaned up the cables and added the SLI

Thought I show the result

Sorry bad S4 camera quality

Not sure how you people get bad quality pictures with the Samsung Galaxy S4... do you not have it set to take high res pictures?

Example with my Galaxy S4...

Not sure why yours is so grainy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Tripa View Post
    I just returned the gigabyte gtx 780s and got a pair of EVGA ACX Oc cards and i7 running at 60c max temps will repost finished build -water.
    That's great, care to show us a picture?

- - - Updated - - -

Now... replace those damned Logitech speakers! >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    LS21 Crew Checking in.

Not sure about Cheezus, but I have speakers and a headset, and tend to never use my speakers. Still gonna buy some good ones soon.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    LS21 Crew Checking in.

Not sure about Cheezus, but I have speakers and a headset, and tend to never use my speakers. Still gonna buy some good ones soon.
    When you get good speakers, you can't debate which to use. :P

However, you folks have some seriously schiity schiit to look forward to from me!
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.

So i changed it around AGAIN, and added a subwoofer to the audiosetup +)
    Node304 was not kind on my 670 with the radiator obstructing the airflow.

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

Panelmod

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

Computer

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 4.7ghz (1.416V) (lapped and delidded)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 @ NF-F12 PWM
    Motherboard: MSI Z87i Gaming AC
    Memory: 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz CL8 (XMP enabled)
    Graphics: ASUS GTX 670 DCII (1215/1700)
    Case: Bitfenix Phenom (mini-itx)
    Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm (red led due to deliverytimes), NF-F12 PWM, NF-A14 PWM
    Power Supply: Super Flower Golden Green HX-Series 550W
    Storage: Crucial M4 64GB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB

Perhipherals

Monitor: Dell UltraSharp 2312HM e-IPS
    Mouse: Zowie AM
    Keyboard: Filco Majestouch II, Cherry-MX Brown US. (o-ring modded)
    Mousepad: Steelseries QcK+
    Speakers: AudioEngine A5+
    Headset: ASUS Vulcan ANC (not really in use anymore)
    Microphone: Blue Snowball Gloss Black (with shockmount/broadcast-stand and popfilter for futureplans)
    Headphones: Bowers & Wilkins P7
    DAC: AudioEngine D1
    Additional Audio: AudioQuest Golden Gate RCA, AudioQuest Pearl USB, AudioQuest Forest Optilink.

Previous Build #1
    Previous Build #2
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-04-28 at 11:51 AM.

Nice case Majesticci, Bitfenix master race

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

Nope, I only use them for when I clean my room/have multiple people in my room :P
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

Nope, I only use them for when I clean my room/have multiple people in my room :P
    You'd be amazed what actually decent big speakers will do for your room. =X

You know how you like hearing everything in a song?
    How about hearing it all on your speakers as well!

When I want to hear everything in a song, I use my DT 990's, no need to waste money on speakers :P

WASTE?!

Them be fightin' words...

Obviously you don't like the thought of shaking your house, do you?

Liking the pictures, Majesticii.

Yup, very sleek Majesticii. How's that Bitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm in the dark though, do you get some red glow from the air intake holes?

@Deltrus, looking sleek as well, worth the $368?

It's on 5V, and the LED can't be plugged in seperatly so the glow isn't visible over the bright blue Power/HDD indication LED's.

Seriously though, why do so little companies allow you to wire the LED seperatly, especially more expensive aftermarket coolers. If you want to run your fan at low speed, but want the LED bright you can't. I remember the CM690 front stockfan had a seperate 12V connection for the LED. It's a good thing i'm over it, and only bought the red LED version because the non-led version would take 10-20 days to deliver. Ain't nobody got time for that.

On a sidenote; that b&w musical sub sounds so awesome ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    It's on 5V, and the LED can't be plugged in seperatly so the glow isn't visible over the bright blue Power/HDD indication LED's.

Seriously though, why do so little companies allow you to wire the LED seperatly, especially more expensive aftermarket coolers. If you want to run your fan at low speed, but want the LED bright you can't. I remember the CM690 front stockfan had a seperate 12V connection for the LED. It's a good thing i'm over it, and only bought the red LED version because the non-led version would take 10-20 days to deliver. Ain't nobody got time for that.

On a sidenote; that b&w musical sub sounds so awesome ^^
    Maybe take a molex lead, stick a 5V resistor on it and ghetto-rig the LED to run directly off the PSU?
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

Leds are powered by the circuitboard. I'm not really going to attempt to desolder it, since i don't have the proper equipment to not make a mess out of it +)

As i said, i'm not really fussed about it since it's a closed case and I stopped caring about LED's after the CM690 build:
    http://i.imgur.com/WhnXpKm.jpg
    More like just stating the fact that even more expensive fans don't give you the simple option to either split it from the mainpower, or use seperate connection. Which is...weird.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-04-05 at 10:46 AM.