10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    What picture?
    Indeed.
    /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeyar View Post
    <snip>

Right now I'm using a test bench with the radiator and res mounted badly, but it's been fine for a couple of months so I'll keep it like that. This summer I'll try to get an actual case and mount everything cleanly. I have an extra 240mm thin radiator that I used in my previous setup, but I'm getting really good temps with only one thick 240mm so I'll probably stick to that... It will make my case choice easier
    Any reason you didn't get a case to begin with? Pretty nice setup though I like it.

dat airflow.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Received a couple quality of life improvements in the mail today!

Dual headphone stand, nice looking wood, I must say!
    And a keyboard wrist rest from 3M, very much influenced by the recent Razer Vespula purchase. The 3M is pretty comfy!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Hope you didn't pay much for the stand. Looks like something that could be made easily and in an hour or so. (This coming from someone who is a carpenter, house builder)

Updated my setup recently.

Before:

After:
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

Nice set up man did you build the desk or buy it? looking for something similir?

Ikea. If you have one withing reasonable driving distance i recommend going, because their shipping is WAY expensive. To the www.ikea.com and go to the office/business part and look for tabletops and legs. I just picked out some tabletops that worked and the legs. Then drove 3 hours to an Ikea store already knowing what i wanted to i could get in and back out. Cool thing is all the of the legs and underdesk storage things are the same height so they are interchangeable.
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post

Majesticii to get that 670 in did you have to remove the OD/floppy cages? Can you remove the floppy and keep the OD one? Also how big is the back plate cut for a big cooler like Evo?
    I have between this case (micro one tho) and Aerocool's dead silence for a few days and cannot decide yet. Although i like Aerocool's more there seems to be a small cut (odd) at backplate.

So with a new build it's time to take and post some pictures, because why not?

The gear:

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540
    Monitors: ASUS MS238H and LG 27EA63V-P
    Keyboard: Corsair K70
    Mouse: Razer Ouroboros
    Headset: Steelseries Siberia Elite (The Creative sound system is not worth mentioning really)

Now the more important parts:

Motherboard: Asus RoG Maximus VI Formula
    PSU: Corsair HX750
    CPU: I5 4670K @ 4.4 GHZ
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100I with 2x Corsair SP120 Performance Edition
    Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti
    Hard Drives: Samsung 840 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + A soon to be replaced 320GB Seagate

The pictures:

Last edited by The King in Yellow; 2014-04-09 at 06:06 PM.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Ive been thinking about replacing my Phantom 820 with the Air 540. Do you like it? and how sturdy is it? My Phantom is just WAYYY too big to take to LAN parties i found out the hard way.

Heh Dezrow I did exactly that, I switched from the Phantom 630 to this case and it's brilliant, very sturdy and more than enough room for basically everything. The only thing is that you can only put two normal HDDs in it and about 8 SSDs (If I recall correctly)
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man that Schiit website is hilarious!

You guys swear on the quality? I think I'm going to make an investment...
    Edit: While I'm at it, any suggested headphones to pair with it?
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2014-04-09 at 10:59 PM.

I finally got a set up that lets me have my computer in the living room rather than the man cave. It sucked being in a different room than my family.
    Sorry the oriantenation is stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a slightly larger version. http://i.imgur.com/7jRetW5.jpg
    Still hard to see, but I just mounted the monitor on a long arm mount so it will swing out along side the couch. Not as comfortable as a nice office chair, but it was worth the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post

I have heard nothing but amazing feedback regarding Schiit, and look forward to taking the plunge in the future.

Knowing that I am getting a bit off topic by doing so.. but..
    As far as headphones, that depends on price, sound taste and personal opinion. You should really do some research if you are considering going the route of quality audio. A solid starting point would be the link provided in my signature. Of course you are always welcome to ask once you have refined your question a bit beyond "suggest me a pair of headphones".
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    snip
    Oi take the monitor off the kid's table!

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post

If you are going to drop more than 100 bucks on audio hardware, go to a proper high-end audio store and try it out. Actually listening to music through the headphones and seeing if you like it is worth so much more than a dozen people telling you what they sound like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Majesticii to get that 670 in did you have to remove the OD/floppy cages? Can you remove the floppy and keep the OD one? Also how big is the back plate cut for a big cooler like Evo?
    I have between this case (micro one tho) and Aerocool's dead silence for a few days and cannot decide yet. Although i like Aerocool's more there seems to be a small cut (odd) at backplate.
    Backplate i cannot tell you because i have the mini-itx version. Which would make a backplate cutout rather silly.
    About the OD, i didn't really look at it that much. Basicly took it out by automation. I CAN tell you that you can use the OD tray and a fullsize graphics card, but you have to remove one of the 120mm fans on top. And you can't use a top H105/H100i for example.

But err... who uses floppy and disc these days D: Dat shit is beyond unconvenient.

Deleted
    Cool thanks, i was interested, if i was going for it, to remove the floppy but keep the OD. On same cases the OD and floppy are bolted together so you dont have the choice to keep OD only.

Ohhhh, you know why i asked about the backplate? Cause on the website i usually shop it show's backplate on side for the mini! After your reply had a look at bitfenix website...mini is horizontal backplate and micro vertical...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you are going to drop more than 100 bucks on audio hardware, go to a proper high-end audio store and try it out. Actually listening to music through the headphones and seeing if you like it is worth so much more than a dozen people telling you what they sound like.
    I feel the following should be mentioned, though:

15-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
    Try Asgard 2 in your own house for 15 days. If you don’t like it, simply send it back for a refund, minus a 5% transaction fee. Try spending 15 days in an audio store. They’ll kick you out. Unless you buy them donuts. Maybe.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    So i didn't really like the subwoofer setup, my room is too small and I didn't feel like the A5+'s and ASW610 complemented eachother and it was hard to crossover when the A5+'s essentially stop around 120hz (eventhough the sheet says 50hz +-1.5db).

So i brought it back for a partial refund + B&W P7's.

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

They sound unlike any headset i've tried. You really don't have the notion you're listening to cans.