• Corsair M65 mouse
    • Corsair MM200 extended mouse pad
    • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 headset

Incoming next month:
    • Second monitor
    • Demciflex filters for the Air 540
    • Some Be Quiet! fans
    • NZXT Grid fan hub
    Last edited by Static; 2014-05-16 at 04:39 AM.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    H105 with 4x SP120 fans in P/P on a 4770K? You planning on delidding or..?

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    H105 with 4x SP120 fans in P/P on a 4770K? You planning on delidding or..?
    You bet! Probably on Sunday evening.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Can i give you a tip. Use Coollabaratory Liquid Ultra between the IHS and chipdie. Just use some sort of tip-ex or latex on the resistors next to the chip to prevent shorting. Also use the vice method (with some iso-tape to prevent damage), if you have a good one +)
    Replacing the standard TIM with something like MX-3/4/5 will do nothing at all. because they're 8w/mk-ish. Really, unless it's Liquid Ultra (38.4w/mk) you need not bother. I get ~70 degrees on 4.6-4.7ghz @ 1.4V on my H60 after 8hours of aida64 with liquid ultra. I was unable to do 4.7ghz on mx-3 paste because it would hit 100deg. I was thinking of getting the H105 to replace my dodgy H60, but during gaming it stays under 70 degrees. So i'm reluctant to buy it solely for lower numbers :P
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-05-16 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks a lot for the tip. I'm taking a look at their website now. Might take 4-5 days for it to arrive since I live in Dubai, so I can wait. The plan was actually to replace the TIM with the Arctic MX-4, but I'm glad you told me about this beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Still going and no issues isn't the same as it's as comfortable necessarily. Yours might be but that's not usually the case in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Thanks a lot for the tip. I'm taking a look at their website now. Might take 4-5 days for it to arrive since I live in Dubai, so I can wait. The plan was actually to replace the TIM with the Arctic MX-4, but I'm glad you told me about this beforehand.
    Have fun. If anything goes wrong it sucks for us living here because all the parts are retardedly overpriced. $2500 R9 295x2 )
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    But don't forget to put something over those SMD's next to the chip when using Liquid Ultra. Unlike most TIM's, it's metalbased. Anything leaking onto those SMD's means shorting something and bricking the CPU quite possibly. I used some clear latex paint. But anything non-conductive will do (don't use tape though).
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-05-17 at 01:55 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly my computer setup, but in the office, will take one of the setup later, trying to clean right now. Keyword is "trying". Been moved into this apartment for like 8 months and I still don't have my office like I want it. It sucks not being able to do what you want to do or know how to do it.

What to do with all this stuff I have, it's mainly just small knick knacks (sata cables, etc). Any ideas? Those two containers in the closet are just complete crap and feels like I can smash it with one finger.

Deleted
    8 months is a looong time . I did the same "cleaning up" a few months ago. Threw away basically everything that is never going to be needed again. Those old serial lan cables, ide cables, old heatsinks etc. I had kept them with the idea that you never know what you may need in the future but half of them couldn't be used anymore so all that went away.

Deleted
    So I finally got sick enough of the three old, small and crappy (well at least one of them was crap, the other two are debatable) monitors I was using to do something about it. And I figured if I was going to do this, I better do it right this time.

The new recruits:

You might want to thumbnail those images before NWN or Chazus spots them

Deleted
    Forgot the change the setting on imgur for the last two, should be fixed now.

Your new setup looks awesome, but don't you get an aching neck with that monitor placed above the others?

Deleted
    I've had it mounted like this for a few days now, wanted to have that part dealt with for when these new ones came. Even had it a little bit higher before this morning, when I lowered it to close the hight of the one below it. So far I have found that it is not high enough to be a problem, in my normal sitting position my head is about 92cm (3ft) away from it and my eye level is just above the bezel between the top and bottom monitor, so the angle I have to look up at is very shallow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it you don't listen to music much, or mainly use a headset? Because dat satellite placement :P

Wink small update

update from page 620

made some changes since last time i posted in december. bought new keyboard, mouse and headphones as i was planing also changed fans, cleaned up the cable mess as much as i could and voided warranty on my PSU by spraying the plastic rim on it and placing custom stickers as i was not able to get my hands on original corsair accessories for it.

here is link for full album if you are interested. its more like a timeline as i was changing parts and stuff. >>>Album here<<< there is like 120 photos(some even with comentary) tried to pick and upload some which wasnt that bad as i was taking them with my potato phone cam (samsung SGH-U800 yay)

this is how my corner looks atm :

Iam not proud of this lol, but w/e i can close the side panel by myself without any help so its fine i guess

Next target is DELL Professional P2414H LCD since the price of it in my country droped by 1500Kč(almost 60 euro) last week.

ps. Cheezus do you like my new Zeus stickers ?
    Last edited by Krasuss; 2014-05-21 at 07:12 AM. Reason: brain fart :D

Deleted
    Nice setup you got there Krasuss, one question tho that i see it in other photos too. Why do you place your monitor on top of something else or for ppl that got a monitor that can move up and down they got it at highest setting. I always had mine on like 10cm from desk, anymore and after hours i would get tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Nice setup you got there Krasuss, one question tho that i see it in other photos too. Why do you place your monitor on top of something else or for ppl that got a monitor that can move up and down they got it at highest setting. I always had mine on like 10cm from desk, anymore and after hours i would get tired.
    well iam quite tall so its for ergonomic reasons, also my LCD is shitty TN panel so the viewing angles are quite bad if you are looking from above....and the tilt back function on this monitor barely works so thats why. actually i should have the monitor even higher...like +10cm cause like this i have my eyes at top bezel height.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasuss View Post
    ps. Cheezus do you like my new Zeus stickers ?
    *Cringe*

Looks neat though.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    This is what I've always wondered as well. It should be actually more ergonomic to look slightly down at your monitor instead of straight forward or up. That's what I've heard somewhere at least.