Deleted
    i do have updates to my set up, mostly from last time , but photos of that will come another time, just modded slightly my gpu as the fans can get loud under load with default fan profiles, but warm when tamed down, sadly was hitting like around 80 degrees C when gaming, its safe, just i dont like that.
    so my mod

putting together the 2 fans with cable ties

it balances well

finishing touches to mounting it on the vapour X cooler

mounted on successfully

how it looks inside, sorry for the poor photo, need a better one taken

fans are controlled by a fan controller, and kept just under from hearing it annoyingly, and temps are improved a bit, but for the given load and temps, its more silent compared to the sapphire vapour x fans, gpu is a 7970 vapour x btw.
    Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2014-06-04 at 04:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarG View Post
    i had a dell once and had only one problem. i was told to run the self diagnosis tool that they provided and told him the code. i got sended a brandnew HDD with express (came the next day) and mailed the old, broken HDD back. both shipping costs covered by dell.... i liked their customer service, but other than that price/performance is very poor with dell and especially alienware
    That's a nice story... shame my IRL friend with an Alienware M17x from, I think 2009~ish(?) didn't have the same experience! One day it didn't turn on like it was supposed to, so she called up Dell, they told her to send it in, and a couple weeks later, she got a call from, likely India from what she told me, telling her that there was liquid damage on her laptop. (This is a girl, mind you, who treated that thing like a baby. It was a Christmas gift that she loved and she was always taking care of it well and being careful, I would know since she came over and played WoW with me a number of times back in 2010/11 and I saw how she treated it.) This was a laptop, UNDER WARRANTY, that she was told would cost her $500-600 to repair!

I had recently replaced my old Gateway but still had the parts and the 9800 GT I'd put in it laying around, so I hooked her up with that with a new case, PSU, OS, and HDD... she's had no problems since.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorian, i see your DIY gpu fan solution. I raise you my DIY fancontroller made out of 2 zalman fanmates, some copper, some thermal pasta and a lot of sparetime.

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

Just got the fanmates in today. Think it turned out quite nice. They control the H60 pump and the 230mm frontfan, which can not be controlled by the motherboard (pwm only) sadly.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    That's a nice story... shame my IRL friend with an Alienware M17x from, I think 2009~ish(?) didn't have the same experience! One day it didn't turn on like it was supposed to, so she called up Dell, they told her to send it in, and a couple weeks later, she got a call from, likely India from what she told me, telling her that there was liquid damage on her laptop. (This is a girl, mind you, who treated that thing like a baby. It was a Christmas gift that she loved and she was always taking care of it well and being careful, I would know since she came over and played WoW with me a number of times back in 2010/11 and I saw how she treated it.) This was a laptop, UNDER WARRANTY, that she was told would cost her $500-600 to repair!

I had recently replaced my old Gateway but still had the parts and the 9800 GT I'd put in it laying around, so I hooked her up with that with a new case, PSU, OS, and HDD... she's had no problems since.
    That sounds like the Dell I know.

7+ Year Old Account
    I see.....soooo...
    1. i did spend too much on....well.. too much..
    2. your choice in PC picker was good and in hindsight... I should have asked instead of just reading.
    3. when upgrading and other questions arise.... i will appear here.
    thanks for your help and advice. wasn't torn apart as bad as i thought i would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakelrod View Post
    I see.....soooo...
    1. i did spend too much on....well.. too much..
    2. your choice in PC picker was good and in hindsight... I should have asked instead of just reading.
    3. when upgrading and other questions arise.... i will appear here.
    thanks for your help and advice. wasn't torn apart as bad as i thought i would be.
    Hehe, we're all happy to help! Just post a thread with a budget, what you like doing/playing on the computer, and we'll build you a top performance/$ system! If you need help learning how to build it yourself, if you'd like to, we can help you there too! These forums are where I learned, and a few videos, that folks here pointed me to.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

water damage is not covered by any OEM without accidental coverage in the warranty (you have to pay extra for this)

i'd tell your friend to go after whoever spilled water on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    water damage is not covered by any OEM without accidental coverage in the warranty (you have to pay extra for this)

i'd tell your friend to go after whoever spilled water on it
    It's been over 3 years and I think if anyone did it, it was her younger sister. The laptop barely performed back then anyways, it's not worth it at this point. She's happy with a newer system now anyways.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a new monitor a while ago in the form of a 27" 2560x1440 Dell u2713hm

Specs is mostly the same but switched for a more robust case being a fractal design R4 now supporting a future SLI configuration better.
    A 4770k, 8 GB of ram and a gtx 780 is powering it now but i have a feeling i might need a second 780 at some point in the future though.

Zealo, dont your eyes burn, sitting so close to that 27"
    CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.5Ghz Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Corsair Lpx 16gb GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: EVGA 650W M.2: Samsung 960 EVO 500gb SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Monitor: BenQ GW2765 27" Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Keyboard: Corsair K63 Headset: Sennheiser Game One

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheor View Post
    Would definitely increase immersion due to filling more of the view. It's a 1440p 27", so to truly appreciate that crisp pixel density I reckon sitting close is ok :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-06-06 at 04:43 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheor View Post
    Having a deeper desk probably wouldn't hurt but can't say they do with that high pixel density sitting at about ~ 1.5 arms length away from it. The wooden plank holding the keyboard can be pulled out more than what's shown in the picture.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-06-06 at 08:54 AM.

So the fittings arrived today. I'm not completely done yet, since I obviously haven't installed the cables, etc. I've filled the loop, and it's still bleeding. There's still air in the pump, just a few drops, but I just can't seem to bleed them out. /sigh

Anyway, more pictures will follow when the system is assembled further.

So yeah this is pretty much gonna be my first non pre-built computer (hopefully the link works) anyway, I'm going back between the i7-4770k and the i5-4670k. Mainly going for gaming and streaming/recording. Water cooler for overclocking purposes. 16gigs of ram cause well 16gigs of ram. SSD for boot reasons and the hdd for everything else (I have a external hard drive if I need more storage) and the 780 cause well I don't have the money for a titan and the 780 has higher speeds and more cores or so I've read. I can always switch things around, still learning all this.

Link to build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vNQVGX
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

The specs of the build:
    CPU: i5 2500k
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
    Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    GPU: 2x AMD R9 290X
    PSU: Cosair RM1000
    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70

Obviously, there's a fair bit of watercooling components involved.

Watercooling:
    Radiators:
    360x30 Magicool radiator via OEM
    240x30 Magicool radiator via OEM

Waterblocks:
    EK Supremacy Clean CSQ, black POM
    2x EK-FC R9-290X

Reservoir:
    Bitspower Z-Multi 150, clear w/ black POM

Pump:
    Laing D5 pump
    w/ Bitspower pump-top
    w/ Bitspower pump-mount
    w/ XSPC aluminum screw ring

Think that's about it. Beyond that I'm just using the new multi-link fittings from Bitspower to connect 10mm ID/12mm OD acrylic tubing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking good Drunkenvalley. Really digging the small details like the heatsinks on the HDD, mobo and those small hexagons on the fans all coming together nicely. Slightly bothered by that tilted cpu block to radiator tube though, what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Slightly bothered by that tilted cpu block to radiator tube though, what's up with that?
    Huh? If there's a tilt it's the reservoir to CPU, because the reservoir had to be placed in that exact spot for the fittings to really come together best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, meant the reservoir to CPU of course. Couldn't you just mount it a bit higher and make that pump to reservoir bit just a tiny bit longer? Anyway, something like that would drive me absolutely nuts when everything else fits so nicely.

The pr0n is strong with this build. Was wondering if you planned on sleeving the pumps wiring? Also, earlier in the thread you mentioned not being able to get the pump itself to bleed out properly.. adjust the speed to max, then back down again a few times, usually flushes those pesky air bubbles out that are caught in the pump itself / rads chambers.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |