10+ Year Old Account
    Can't post pictures at the moment because A: I'm at work and B: There's not much to look at, no fancy water cooling, just a black tower case, a couple of monitors and cables everywhere (living in a temporary summer location atm)

CPU: Xeon E3-1231V3, 3.8Ghz
    MB: Asus H97-Plus
    GPU: Asus GTX 770 DCU2
    RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX @1600Mhz
    Case: Antec P190
    PSU: 1200w Antec NeoLink (1x Antec NeoPower 650w + 1x Antec NeoPower 550w)
    CPU Cooler: Raijintek Themis Evo
    SSD: 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus
    Storage HDD's: 2x 750GB Samsung F1, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14
    + a few Antec 140mm case fans

Peripherals:
    Main Monitor: 23" Fujitsu P23T-6 Thor Edition IPS-LED
    2nd Monitor: 24" Acer G245H TN
    Mouse: Steelseries Xai
    Mousepad: QPad EC-R
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Mic: Samson Go USB Mic
    Sound: Onkyo NR515 Reciever + 2x Jamo S506 Speakers + Sennheiser HD202 Headphones + Soundmagic E30 In-ears (Although currently using some crappy Logitech Z5300 speakers, because temporary location)

The Xeon CPU is basically an i7-4770 without any integrated GPU, runs cooler, has a lower TDP and is possibly better binned, and also ~50€ cheaper. Obviously can't be OC'ed though (other than BCLK OC'ing). During this warm summer weather (room temp ~27C) it maxes out at 39C. So, you know, that's pretty good
    Last edited by Shakadam; 2014-07-28 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Are they your front panel connectors in your lowest vertical grommet?
    If so, or even not, how did you route them from behind your motherboard?

It looks very nice, and front panel connectors are a bane of my existence, all my other cables in my case are minimalist, and then ugly unsleeved front panel cables.
    That might be a way for me to minimise the ugliness. ._.
    They're coming out of the lower vertical grommet, yes. You can see them in picture 4. I hid them under my mobo and only pulled out the connecters (picture 5). The motherboard mounts hold them up from sliding out.

I/O connectors are almost always an issue. I started to do something with them but the blended in with the round SATA cables I used and they're pretty difficult to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's a Fractal ARC XL, I have a Fractal Midi R2, so it's basically the same layout, his is just a bit larger.
    I can't figure out for the life of me how he put it horizontally behind the board, and it come out so vertically beneath it. There must be some sort of tape.. Or something. You don't happen to have any pictures of the way that you do it at all please?
    No tape. I ran them under the motherboard (on top of the mounts), plugged them into the appropriate connecter, pulled the slack out and stacked them, then zip-tied the group behind the panel.

Here's a picture of the cable side.

And while it doesn't make a huge difference, the case is an XL R2 (Define).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    The only one I have to hand is the 700D, and I don't have it done like this.

He has them pulled around the lower two standoffs, and he's using thumbscrews to affix the board to the standoffs so that may be throwing you off:
    Yup. nicely done with the picture.

Deleted
    ^ Oh look at you with your fancy cabling. You'll never get to wrestle with your case just to get your side panel to close.

Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    Snip.
    Thank you very much to you both. I'll most definitely have to try that next time.
    This may be a stupid question, that I am just not quite understanding as it is quite late here in Australia, and I am extremely tired.. But what do you mean by "On top of the mounts"?

The Define doesn't have anything different to other cases, does it? THe motherboard mounts are just long cylinders, aren't they? So how are they on top of them.. ._.

Thank you very much for your time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let me literally paint you a picture.

The black dot is the motherboard standoff behind the motherboard. The red line is the cable behind the motherboard. If you would now try tugging the cable (red line) from either end the motherboard standoff (black dot) would stop it sliding away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post

The black dot is the motherboard standoff behind the motherboard. The red line is the cable behind the motherboard. If you would now try tugging the cable (red line) from either end the motherboard standoff (black dot) would stop it sliding away.
    Thank you, but I understand now... I was just wondering what he meant by "on top of" the motherboard stand offs.
    Thanks though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you, but I understand now... I was just wondering what he meant by "on top of" the motherboard stand offs.
    Thanks though.
    It's on top of the motherboard standoff... I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post

This is exactly what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    It's on top of the motherboard standoff... I don't understand.
    Well if cables were on top of the motherboard stand offs.. They would be squished by the motherboard when it is screwed in to the stand offs.. ._.

Just ordered a Crucial MX100
    F@#king Scan.co.uk. Every time I order from them, there's a problem. The stock suddenly disappears, or they send me the wrong item, or it's been used. I shouldn't let it get to me, but I try them maybe once a year since I have free shipping from them and without exception there's been *something* they manage to screw up. Would love to be able to just order my stuff and then get it, but noooooo.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, in America with Amazon and NewEgg and NCIX and TigerDirect and virtually no problems with either of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, in America with Amazon and NewEgg and NCIX and TigerDirect and virtually no problems with either of them.
    until you want to order some Chinese knockoff phones, then DHS will cancel your order for you at customs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    until you want to order some Chinese knockoff phones, then DHS will cancel your order for you at customs :P
    They didn't take my precious Poker II away, and that's all that matters.

Does anyone happen to know of a non-RAID PCI-E SATA3 controller that doesn't suck ass, but doesn't cost the earth? Everything seems to use the shitty Marvel 9128 controller.

Does anyone happen to know of a non-RAID PCI-E SATA3 controller that doesn't suck ass, but doesn't cost the earth? Everything seems to use the shitty Marvel 9128 controller.
    Syba SY-PEX40039 - $15 @ NewEgg

It uses the Asmedia 1061 controller, which is definitely an improvement over the Marvell. It's still limited to x1 2.0, however.

Decided to clean my computer desk and hauled out my tower from it's prison. Little dusty...

Deleted
    You could argue you've made your own filters of dust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    Decided to clean my computer desk and hauled out my tower from it's prison. Little dusty...
    I found a spider in mine when I went to clean it. ;_;

Good guy spider-bro, ate all your spiders.

In seriousness, I like dust filters a lot, but I should probably clean mine out as well. My new place is more dusty. I could not upload pictures of it looking like it does.

Yeah, sadly there doesn't seem to be much in the way of decent SATA3 cards that outperform the ICH10R chipset in any worthwhile way. Seq. Reads might be higher on any SATA3, but the randoms just suck compared to Intel's SATA2. I'll just hold off until my next motherboard upgrade I think. This Gigabyte X58A-UD3R has been a fantastic board otherwise.

I once found a dead mouse in a PC I was repairing(12 years ago or so). Wasn't a pet or anything; poor thing had just gotten in through a hole and gotten stuck inside.