10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished my newest build and i'm extremely proud of how it turned out to be.

After getting a job at my parents company i've been working everyday for the past 3 months to get this together.

Just happy to be back at gaming!

Specs in my signature.

8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Here it is:

Name: Skroe / Skroesec
    Processor: Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell-E
    Clock:4498.6 MHz
    Voltage: 1.298V
    Cooler: Corsair H100i v1.0
    Screenshot LINK: http://imgur.com/a/QObd3
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.x86.fr/s1anxi

Honestly I think I could go a little further... maybe I won the silicon lottery. I'm not an overclocking enthusaist or expert or anything. I've been doing it for many years casually and the routine's the same: find a guide with my mobo/CPU combo that is a "high but safe" overclock that anyone with that chip can hit and gradually step it up (though I dont normally do an 8 hour stability test) until it fails. I mean there are guides online for 4.6GHz / 1.35v overclocks with the 5820, but I'm not going to go that far.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-07-23 at 05:59 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Here it is:

Name: Skroe / Skroesec
    Processor: Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell-E
    Clock:4498.6 MHz
    Voltage: 1.298V
    Cooler: Corsair H100i v1.0
    Screenshot LINK: http://imgur.com/a/QObd3
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.x86.fr/s1anxi

Honestly I think I could go a little further... maybe I won the silicon lottery. I'm not an overclocking enthusaist or expert or anything. I've been doing it for many years casually and the routine's the same: find a guide with my mobo/CPU combo that is a "high but safe" overclock that anyone with that chip can hit and gradually step it up (though I dont normally do an 8 hour stability test) until it fails. I mean there are guides online for 4.6GHz / 1.35v overclocks with the 5820, but I'm not going to go that far.
    I'd love a link to the guide you used, if you wouldn't mind! I'd like to see what this chip is actually capable of, but I'm merely the OC leaderboard posterboy, I don't know all the ins and outs of it, especially when it comes to bus speed-tweaking.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'd love a link to the guide you used, if you wouldn't mind! I'd like to see what this chip is actually capable of, but I'm merely the OC leaderboard posterboy, I don't know all the ins and outs of it, especially when it comes to bus speed-tweaking.
    Absolutely. It's this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlPlKJfWw5M

I did all of that, then slowly moved the Voltage and Multiplier up (to test stability) to hit 4.5. I keep the lower values used in the video Vcore = 1.275 and Multiplier (CPU Ratio in the bios) = 34, as a back up. But those are the only differences.

At around 1:50 he starts to fiddle with the Bus (base is 100, sets it to 125).

Another good resource: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...ck-assist.html

In one of the posts the guy gets 4.4Ghz with a BCLK of 100 and a Ratio of 44 and a Vcore of 1.27V

From what I've read, these chips are good up to about 1.35 Volts. I'm not gonna try that though.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-07-23 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet thanks!

I'll have to figure out how to translate it to my motherboard when the time comes. ^_^
    "A flower.

Sweet thanks!

I'll have to figure out how to translate it to my motherboard when the time comes. ^_^
    Yeah the MSI UEFI uses some different terminology (at least in comparison to Asus, Gigabyte and EVGA Motherboards I've owned/work with). Still, I fricken love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yeah the MSI UEFI uses some different terminology (at least in comparison to Asus, Gigabyte and EVGA Motherboards I've owned/work with). Still, I fricken love it.
    Yeah, I really like the layout of my MSI MPower's UEFI

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, I really like the layout of my MSI MPower's UEFI
    A nice side effect from my perspective is the uniformity of it. I build computers for my guild and over the last couple of years, with one exception, it's been all MSIs. Whenever there is a problem (such as one time when I was a little over ambitious with a guildie's overclock, that became unstable in later use), I could walk them through fixing it over the phone just by looking at mine.

Hell my i7 930c was still working quite well. One of biggest reason to upgrade was that my particular X58 still had a BIOS. UEFIs didnt get big till the next board iirc.

15+ Year Old Account
    So i changed my new setup a bit

Mobo - Asus Z170-DELUXE
    CPU - Intel Core i7 6700K
    CPU Cooler - Corsair H110i
    RAM - HyperX Predator 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
    GPU - EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    PSU - Corsair RM850x
    Case - Corsair Graphite 780T
    Audio - Asus Xonar DX2
    SSD - HyperX Savage 480g SSD x2
    HD - Seagate 3TB External HD

Sadly my old led lights from my former pc stopped working so ill fix that later and im not that happy about the cable management behind the mobo but im gonna fix that when its not that hot outside and i also still have my old SSD's in my pc that i have to take stuff off.

Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-07-27 at 04:52 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well post an update here. Since I've changed a lot of hardware and moved to a new place and stuff.

In my previous apartment I budgeted exactly 1 meter of wall to my PC setup. As pictured below. Sort of cramped!

But now, I'm being much nicer to the PC. 140 cm desk:

It's the stats in sig. A 40-inch screen with 3840x2160 resolution. Eats GPU for breakfast.
    Obsidian 350D
    i7-4790K @ 4.6 GHz
    ASUS Maximus VII Gene Z97 µATX
    32GB DDR3
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Gaming X at 2GHz+
    500GB Samsung 840 EVO (no perf. degradation tyvm)
    And some WD Reds striped for more games, video scratch and stuff.
    Not pictured here, but it is connected with a long cable managed HDMI cable to my living room TV. I'm thinking of putting up a monitor on the left wall as well.

Then we have the bedroom PC.

It is basically a combo of my old HTPC (not so much used since main PC is connected to the TV, and AppleTV takes care of the rest) and old PC parts.
    2x LG IPS 1920x1080 23" each. Can't get rid of them, they are simply too good.
    i7 2700K @ 4.8 GHz
    Asus Maximus V Gene Z77 µATX
    16GB DDR3
    Geforce GTX 980 Reference
    128GB Samsung 830 Series SSD
    2x WD Caviar Black 1TB striped, again to accommodate for more games and stuff.

Case is Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV. It's nice to build in but ended up not liking how it looks, it's size (even bigger than the 350D, which is big for micro ATX) and it's essentially a big echo chamber in there. Loud..

Aaand yees there is Ethernet in the walls and sockets are virtually everywhere Gotta love buildings built around 2004, right before people got lazy and thought of Wi-Fi as all you need.
    Last edited by Wries; 2016-07-27 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Wries, that's beautiful.

Time to upgrade the speakers, though.

My house was built in 1970.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Wries, that's beautiful.

Time to upgrade the speakers, though.

My house was built in 1970.
    Ty But the speakers of the main rig ARE upgraded Chair is covering the sub. Logitech Z533, mind you I am a far cry from an audio aficionado but.. they sound nice to my casual ears

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll always notice the difference when you upgrade! ;D
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually bothered to put up a side monitor to the main rig today. Drilling through that wall was a big pain in the rear.

One might think "hey, that's insane and excessive" and I'm not disputing that. But it's damn neat to have when say a game usually takes up the entire main monitor and I want to see something else or surf on the side. Also it's great for video editing to have a ref. monitor.

It's a 22 inch BenQ VA panel that I got for apprx 100 dollars today. I have converted from IPS/PLS to VA and I'm not looking back. Cheaper and looks lovely.

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>
    Not too shabby

Infracted. This is not the place for your spam images. - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2016-07-29 at 03:52 PM.
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

This isn't the thread to spam random pictures off the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I don't have a photo of my complete setup, but this is what I game on:

It took me 2 months of planning and 10 days of work. It did cost a lot (~€5000 for the box and ~€2000 for the TV) and now that I think about it, maybe I should not have spent so much money on it, but the feeling of making it all work is pretty fcking good
    It was also my very first custom hardline water build. I'm rather happy how it turned out.
    Besides, it chews through every game at maximum details and 4k resolution.

I did not buy my two 980Ti at the same time, and was not even planning to hardline watercool when I got the second one, so I got two different ones. Obviously the PCB were different size/height so I had to stick a softline tube between the cards :/
    The story behind the setup was that one of my GTX 670 died, so I bought a 980Ti, which I noticed was way too powerful for 1080p. So I bought a huge 4k TV. Then suddenly 980Ti was too weak, so I ordered a second one. Then it got so hot in my old case that I said, fck it, going full out and will make sure the temps won't be a problem

6700k @ 4.7GHz (1.375v)
    2x 980Ti SLI @ ~1500MHz
    Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000MHz CL15 32gb
    Gigabyte Gaming G1 (watercooled)
    Samsung 950 Pro 512gb
    Seasonic Platinum 1200W
    InWin 909 (modded)
    Samsung JS9000 48"

Custom EK hardline cooling:

Thermaltake Riing 12 RGB x11
    CoolStream SE 240 x2
    CoolStream SE 360
    GTX 980Ti block x2
    Supremacy EVO Elite Edition
    RES X3 250
    XTOP Revo D5 PWM

Last edited by Strawberry; 2016-07-29 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    Looks good Strawberry, how about all those fans noise wise?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Looks good Strawberry, how about all those fans noise wise?
    Thanks.

I thought it's going to sound bad, but it doesn't even when maxed out. They make a nice hum instead of annoying whine.
    The pump does make annoying sound but it's barely hearable. I've set everything to silent since even at silent the cards don't go over 61C (141F) at full load. CPU is few degrees higher.
    The case is probably the worst part of it. It's made to look pretty but that's about it. There's tempered glass on both sides and not many openings so it does get quite hot inside.

Deleted

The RX 480 which I will actually use, a friend begged to buy my cheaper ref RX480 from me before I could mod it, though the RX 470 ref is quite cheap to play with in a few months, otherwise its a nice stop gap.

Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2016-08-26 at 12:07 AM.