Help with new build please

Right now I have http://www.amazon.com/DELL-XPS-420-D.../dp/B001B58IIO (No I didn't pay that, it was given to me about 2 years ago.)

I have purchased already (Sitting at home)

EVGA Gtx 460 ftw edition
    I5 760 2.8 Ghz (plan to OC)
    Corsair 750w PSU (gold rated)

So obviously I still need Ram, Mobo, OS, Case, HDD, and some kind of after market cooling. Was wondering what you guys would recommend, can spend about 400-500 more than what I have.

What kind of Improvements can I expect. I play with EVERYTHING on low atm :P

Frontpage has a list of i5 setups. Not the cheapest parts by far, but should cover what you're still missing.

On your new computer you can put everything to ultra except shadows few notches down and it'll be totally smooth everywhere except on crazy aoe.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Imo :d

Just do a tid bit of homework. Search some product reviews; many sites do full reviews in nice setups testing all sorts of things.

Tomshardware.com - Excellent Product Reviews along with Benchmark comparisons.
    Newegg.com - ofc people post stupid reviews; but most are good.
    overclockersclub.com - Awsome site for OC needs and just results from people pushing products to there limits

Any Products Homepage usually tends to have some reviews; or at least will allow you to compare products.

Another awesome way to get a feel for what you may want is; if you have a nice Computer Store near by like Fry's electronics, Best Buy (To an extent- some suck) and Lan-Cafee's if you still have any nearby. Among other stores that are individually owned can provide a lot of feed back on products they carry.

I honestly wish I could just be like Here; this is whats good and fits into your price range. But I can't because people have there own opinions on products. Some people worship AMD via others Worship Intel. Others hate BFG or XFX and love EVGA or Nvidia Made products.

The Market has soo much Bias; but for some things just keep in mind your PSU CPU and GPU types/ performance.
    May sound stupid; but make sure when you buy your Mobo that it supports your CPU Socket type; along with your Heatsink Cooler.
    If you can get a big case that will allow you to upgrade if you ever want too; and has the correct alignment for your Mobo (ATX, Micro, ATX full and so on)

HDs are a matter of preference; if you are not going to benchmark, IMO get prob 2 small HD's so you can use one for storage vs one massive HD due in part you have a Quad Core so it can handle multi-tasking.

Solid states are bleh IMO, people swear up and down that they make a massive improvement in performance. But honestly all it does it help with loading times; you would see more performance OC your CPU/Mobo in loading times than changing to a SSD.

RAM is prob your final question; well that comes down to what Mobo you buy; a DDR3 or a DDR2.. I still use DDR2 on mine; but thats because my rig is OC to hell and runs like a champ

Hope this helped a little bit, Like I said I wish I could just point at a product and say buy that, but its never that simple.

Regards -- r3volt.