"I'm proud of my king" -- wait wut

I saw this a hundred times but never thought anything of it. Varian isn't king of the entire alliance, and Jaina is from Kul Tiras, lived in Dalaran and now leader of Theramore. Varian isn't her king, is he?

Also, what nation is Menethil Harbor part of? Who's FEMA is ignoring them? :P
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

With the fall of northern human kingdoms in warcraft 3, Stormwind is pretty much the major power now. I would guess that all human kingdoms would have sworn loyalty to Stormwind especially since you see the stormwind flags everywhere in the cities. The one possible exception to this could be Kul Tiras which seems that it would be powerful enough to remain independent, but its probably in enough turmoil with the loss of its leadership that its trying to remain isolated.

Its an Alliance - there is no one ruler, else it would be an Empire. Churchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin were in an alliance against the Axis powers in WW2, who were also an alliance - they didn't need a single leader, they just had to cooperate.

I think all human kingdom remnants that are part of the Alliance had to swear fealty to Stormwind, thus making him complete ruler of Human affairs. Therefore, Jaina is a vassal to Varian.

Quote Originally Posted by varus View Post
    Its an Alliance - there is no one ruler, else it would be an Empire. Churchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin were in an alliance against the Axis powers in WW2, who were also an alliance - they didn't need a single leader, they just had to cooperate.
    Minor nations like theramore would be vassals under those major powers. Using your analogy, Roosevelt=Stormwind, , Khaz Modan=Stalin, Gnomeragan=Churchhill, Theramore=Hawaii. It appears that many of the minor human nations are vassals of stormwind. It's still an alliance because there is still an agreement between major powers each of whom owe their ultimate loyalty to a different person/group, granted they do seem to view Stormwind as the leader of the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I saw this a hundred times but never thought anything of it. Varian isn't king of the entire alliance, and Jaina is from Kul Tiras, lived in Dalaran and now leader of Theramore. Varian isn't her king, is he?
    varian is definitely NOT the king of jaina. for the reasons you said above. all alliance leaders are equal.
    but unofficially, he is the leader of the most powerful nation. so i guess that has something to do with it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Humans I understand but how was he able to dictate that ironforge be ruled by the three dwarven factions? Well not ruled so much. More like bronzebeards daughter had to confer with the other two groups.

it seems varian is generally accepted as the leader of the alliance, a similar counterpart to the warchief position. you've got the leaders of the other factions, and they all get together to make most significant decisions, but varian and garrosh still get a slightly bigger seat at the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I always got annoyed that varian was the leader of the alliance to begin with. I think in the lore he was missing for something like 10 years. Then he just shows up one day and he is all of a sudden in charge of everyone even though I don't think he even knew what was going on fully. It was really stupid because he was missing since before the night elves joined the alliance. So two new races joined the alliance who had never met varian before, seems kind of dumb that hes in charge.

Then theres tyrande. She has been leading her people for 10,000 years and she is......ignored. I mean really? Imagine if a president ignored a 5 star general on a matter of war. They would be considered the biggest idiot in history. At the very least blizzard should have her doing SOMETHING. Very few people on azeroth have more expeirence when its comes to war then her. I suppose the main complaint would be that blizzard needs to cut the crap with their pet races humans and orcs. Its getting really old and has certainly ruined the story for me at least.

Jaina has the hots for him if you ask me, I mean Arthas is dead, Kael'thas is dead, Varian has a son sure, but he is strong single man in a position of power, she wants him to be her 'king' *wink*

Varian isthe leader of the Alliance military, as everybody can see in the pre-cataclysm reunion, the Alliance leaders get along very well. Tyrande is not igonred... why is she?
    They make the big decision together, despite as equal as every leader, Varian is the supreme leader of military forces and leader of the most powerfull faction and he's leading (with the cooperationa and participation of the others factions) the war. And if the Alliance have to get a representative of a ruler that will be without a doubt him.

In the other part the Horde leaders fight each other because the 'glue' that bonds the Horde was Thrall. Garrosh had discurssion with Vol'jin, Cairne and Sylvanas. And thanks Thrall the goblins entered in the Horde.

PS: And remember Warcraft I - Orcs and Humans, the game warcraft is centered arround this two races, so the leader of orcs and humans will be the leader of their factions. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    Humans I understand but how was he able to dictate that ironforge be ruled by the three dwarven factions? Well not ruled so much. More like bronzebeards daughter had to confer with the other two groups.
    Varian had given himself the power to do such. He had their Queen in his possession, and thus Ironforge was, from a military perspective, captured under his banner. However, he returned the city to the Dwarves with the Council of Three Hammers as the new body of government. It's kinda like the US and how they changed Iraq's system of Government after they toppled Saddam.

Jaina has the hots for him if you ask me, I mean Arthas is dead, Kael'thas is dead, Varian has a son sure, but he is strong single man in a position of power, she wants him to be her 'king' *wink*
    I hope to God it doesn't come to that. Jaina's dignity has been greatly diminished over these past couple years.

Tyrande is not igonred... why is she?
    I believe he is describing her absent presence in the expansions of WoW. Despite everything that has happened to the Night Elves, especially recently, Tyrande is apparently still not making any major appearances in the war or faction relations. That's my estimate, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by xxging View Post
    Not to mention her green fetish is over becuase thrall is leaving and has a wife

I hope to God it doesn't come to that. Jaina's dignity has been greatly diminished over these past couple years.
    Yeah she killed her daddy
    She stopped Varian from ending the horde menace (judging by the current state of alliance/horde affairs that looks like a bad move)
    She loves the horde even though they have constantly attacked alliance settlements.

Honestly think a union with Varian is the best thing for her, maybe he can slap the traitor out of her empty head.

Though I would honestly rather see he turned into a forsaken to take Sylvanas place once the rest of the horde figures out she is a totel wackjob

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    attacked alliance settlements.
    Always two sides to the quest with the whole "Horde always attack first". Which is why I love the complete differences in quests. One side thinks the other is terrible.

Alliance are being attacked by Brutes!
    Horde are trying to survive!

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    maybe he can slap the traitor out of her empty head.
    Best line in weeks. Jaina is a complete idiot.

Wasn't there a thread on the old forums about Jaina being the evil mastermind behind everything? With links to proof and stuff.

(like how basically she stopped an entire army with ice blocks and teleported the alliance back to sw) Or the fact she dropped LK by 30% of his HP just using a staff? Then freezing him in a spot at which (you never talked to her) he would remain frozen for eternity? Sure she was "near" death, but again if you watch, LK will never break through her shield its like she wanted him to think she was on the ropes.

I dunno.. all is pretty fishy I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    I always got annoyed that varian was the leader of the alliance to begin with. I think in the lore he was missing for something like 10 years. Then he just shows up one day and he is all of a sudden in charge of everyone even though I don't think he even knew what was going on fully. It was really stupid because he was missing since before the night elves joined the alliance. So two new races joined the alliance who had never met varian before, seems kind of dumb that hes in charge.

Then theres tyrande. She has been leading her people for 10,000 years and she is......ignored. I mean really? Imagine if a president ignored a 5 star general on a matter of war. They would be considered the biggest idiot in history. At the very least blizzard should have her doing SOMETHING. Very few people on azeroth have more expeirence when its comes to war then her. I suppose the main complaint would be that blizzard needs to cut the crap with their pet races humans and orcs. Its getting really old and has certainly ruined the story for me at least.
    It had to be a person that most races would relate to. Who else than a human ? Do you really think night elves would listen to a dwarf leader or viceversa, for example ? Also, as horde, do you think the tauren would allow themselves to be lead by the undead or viceversa ?

No, the leader has to be part of a race that shares common features and interests with all other races.