Thread: Northrend?

10+ Year Old Account

Northrend?

Ok, it's certainly possible that this has been asked (and answered) before, but searching through tons of threads to find a relevant answer detracts from leveling more alts. I know, it's an obsession.

So my question is this: Why, if Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor were so bonecrushingly devastated by the reemergence of Deathwing, is Northrend entirely untouched? Northrend is, after all, part of Azeroth as well and was even being affected by the flux in elemental activity. However, come the shattering, Northrend is exactly the same and has somehow completely escaped the clutches of the powerful Deathwing. Is the mighty dragon afraid of the Lich King (Bolvar) and his scourge, or is it just too chilly?

Yes I'm sure I'll get plenty of negative responses here calling me all sorts of fathomable names, that is after all what these boards are mostly for it seems, but if anyone has a blue post or a lore tidbit (perhaps from the shattering novel?) to share, it would be much appreciated.

The blues have already addresed this, they basically said that with all the changes they were making to the other 2 continents upgrading them as well as adding in new zones, mobs, raids, etc, that they just didn't have the manpower to make those changes. They are on their radar, but they are way way down on the priority list.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for, thank you. So they will eventually make changes, but for now it just was a time and labor issue, not an oversight in reality...that works I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog74 View Post
    The blues have already addresed this, they basically said that with all the changes they were making to the other 2 continents upgrading them as well as adding in new zones, mobs, raids, etc, that they just didn't have the manpower to make those changes. They are on their radar, but they are way way down on the priority list.
    I dont believe that was the exact quote. I think it was more directly - leave each X-pac with their respective X-pac. When you go thru the Black portal you are technically traveling back in time towards the BC/WotLK era, then upon hitting 78 and leaving Northrend you are traveling back to the current timeframe.

The 60-80 experience itself is much more advanced and inline with how they would like the game to be in regards to quests/rewards/etc... Its basically they are simply revamping all the aged aspects of the game, which directly refer to the 1-60 experience.

yep. They only just made northrend with wotlk also. So huuge changes to old azeroth is good changes. Changing new northrend would be pointless. Wait a few years for it to get old and boring. If it can. <3 the questing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphemus View Post
    I dont believe that was the exact quote. I think it was more directly - leave each X-pac with their respective X-pac. When you go thru the Black portal you are technically traveling back in time towards the BC/WotLK era, then upon hitting 78 and leaving Northrend you are traveling back to the current timeframe.

The 60-80 experience itself is much more advanced and inline with how they would like the game to be in regards to quests/rewards/etc... Its basically they are simply revamping all the aged aspects of the game, which directly refer to the 1-60 experience.
    Very true.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator