Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood tanking most dungeons. If I am solo I will stay blood in dps gear, otherwise UH is MS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levelling Blood in DPS gear.
    Frost 2h for instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    doing 2h frost myself for the mounted speed increase and the burst damage. Also that was noted earlier that you will lose hit rating percents so DW is a no go, blood is also a nicely viable spec due to survivability, healing, and overall OP-ness for leveling, thank god its my offspec.

I'm gonna try a very leveling-oriented speed centric 2h Frost build a la http://considerit1.wordpress.com/201...ts-redemption/

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    doing 2h frost myself for the mounted speed increase and the burst damage. Also that was noted earlier that you will lose hit rating percents so DW is a no go, blood is also a nicely viable spec due to survivability, healing, and overall OP-ness for leveling, thank god its my offspec.
    I just want to throw everyone that says you need more hit for DW frost in the garbage.
    Beta Club Brosquad

i'll be questing in 2 hand frost and queuing for random dungeons as blood tank but from quests picking up tank gear for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I just want to throw everyone that says you need more hit for DW frost in the garbage.
    Yeah, I keep reading this DW garbage everywhere. It's not like I'm gonna be relying on my auto-attacks to kill the mobs...

Deleted
    Unholy for general optimal dps (dungeons mostly) and blood tanking spec for questing \o/

Just from the first 2.5 levels I'm really happy with my blood spec in unholy dps gear and obviously blood presence.
    2x DS, 2x HS, some RS, next mob, when I get to the next mob, the runes are back up and I go all over HS-Spam.

I've seen several Frost/UH DKs that were all running around at less than 50% HP (you really shouldn't do that on a PvP server) while I didn't even lose HP when I accidentally took on one of those elite eels in vashjir...

Deleted
    atm im leveling as frost, lvl 81 atm in pretty bad gear and the mobs are dropping like flies, but im gona give unholy a go now.

I got realm first 85 dk as frost an hour ago, HOWLING BLASTTTTTTTTTTTT

But wouldn't leveling as Frost or Unholy be a problem, you die a lot since mobs spawn fast and they hit harder, Blood can do good damage and heal a lot, and vengence is great when you pull a lot, I might be wrong but it seems to make sense

Finished yesterday with Consider's spec and I do recommend it:
    - Health is not an issue with Lichborne/DC heal, ghoul sac.
    - Fast mob switch with death grip (talent + glyphs)
    - AOE CC in case of problem the time to cast AotD or run
    - Very efficient in aoe
    - Fly faster
    - Walk faster
    - No need to wait for the ghoul to pop

Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    But wouldn't leveling as Frost or Unholy be a problem, you die a lot since mobs spawn fast and they hit harder, Blood can do good damage and heal a lot, and vengence is great when you pull a lot, I might be wrong but it seems to make sense
    I'm just about level 82 and I haven't died yet outside an instance. It's really not that big a deal unless you're running around aggroing a shitload of mobs.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I'm 84 and have leveled the whole way as 2h frost - couldnt be happier. HB HB FS FS - dead mobs

Quote Originally Posted by HerpaDerpa View Post
    The question is what is the best choice of leveling from 80 to 85? And please provide an explanation to your answer.
    Frost?
    Unholy?
    Blood?

Thank you in advance!
    I have dual spec. One being Frost and the other Blood.

I used frost till 82 for the On a Pale Horse, and the burst. But it lacked healing besides the Lichborne Deathcoil spam.

Once I hit 82 I used blood because I could spec into On a Pale Horse at that time. Now I have the mount speed and run speed from Unholy presence and the heals. Blood does kill mobs pretty fast, not as fast as frost but close.

2h frost so far for me. I'll use a death strike or two every few mobs and run around at full health.

I do want to give blood a try for leveling, though. Are you guys using DPS gear or tank gear when leveling as blood?

10+ Year Old Account
    frost all the waaaay
    ....................................................................................

Unholy rocks. I don't like Frost.

2h frost was stupid easy. Finished in 15 hours and only missed realm first by about an hour. Mostly because I started to get reckless and dumb from exhaustion in twilight highlands.