Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You might?

You will get ganked. Even the best pvp'r at level cap will get ganked from time to time. It just happens.

Just remember to have fun with it and learn how to avoid it wasting too much of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by noobphobia View Post
    Nope that is the story, my guild has been in contact with at blizzard trying to look into this other guilds pocket gm. And no, the gms didn't contact the police, a basement dweller did. Meh believe me or not, I still think pvp was ruined as far as world pvp goes because everyone is in a rush to lvl.
    Pocket GM? Lol.

Three tips for improved future trolling: *GMs don't make such decisions like bans or suspension on their own recognizance. *Supervisors do, after reviewing the situation. *There's an IA department that looks for all sorts of things like GM's giving free gold out, banning a bunch of people, etc.

Not sure if all of you know this, but you can now be banned for pvping on a pvp server. This one alliance guild on our sever had a few people in my guild banned for camping them. Then when they kept doing it, the filed a police report on them and are calling it (cyber stalking and harassment) lol.

So bro, when they pvp on you, just bust out a gm ticket. Pvp on a pvp server??? Nope! Can't do that anymore.

I'm not tolling either, 100% for real, its pretty stupid.
    I have never really understood how people can think of camping as PVP - you basically create a scenario where the other side is constantly disadvantaged and you can keep kicking them when they are down in an attempt to ruin their game time. Those who partake in such activities are often the worst kinds of people and the only consolation is that they are feeding these desires in a game world rather than out on the streets.

The behaviour described is harassment and was correctly defined as such. PVP remains acceptable and if you take it beyond PVP to levels of harassment then you can face penalties, griefing is against ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    Pocket GM? Lol.

Three tips for improved future trolling: *GMs don't make such decisions like bans or suspension on their own recognizance. *Supervisors do, after reviewing the situation. *There's an IA department that looks for all sorts of things like GM's giving free gold out, banning a bunch of people, etc.
    Never said I was tolling. Yes I know there is an internal affairs department, we are currently in very close contact.

Idk why you forum kids think everything is a troll. Sorry, didn't mean to squash your reply.

Some times griefing is required. Also, the people that got banned got unmanned by IA.
    Last edited by noobphobia; 2010-11-26 at 04:59 AM.

/shrug

Probably because if it looks and smells like BS, it's probably BS...

I remember when BC first came out there was an almost constant warzone at the portal and for a long while with summon stones always being a boneyard, esp karazhan.

80% of the time you'll usually get along fine with the world and just do your dandy thing and then there's that remainder that can go either way. Usually if you're attacked first they're going to cripple you as much as possible for an easy win. If you leave someone alone that doesn't mean they will and it really doesn't matter if they're being attacked by something or you are. Most gankers are there to get their cheap thrill and campers can go on forever because that's how they wanna spend money every month just making a person hate life.

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 04:58 AM ----------

Oh and there is very little honor to pvp even though the points wear the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    /shrug

Probably because if it looks and smells like BS, it's probably BS...
    I can understand on corpse camping. However when a gm whispers you and says under no circumstance are you to gank anyone from this specific guild while leveling.....that is pretty retarded. I'm not here to grief someone to the point they hate the game.

PvP servers are exponentially more fun than the carebear pve ones.

You can't get banned for camping someone so whoever was saying that is full of shit. The only way you get banned for camping someone is say (before flying in azeroth comes out) you glitch jump yourself ontop of a building in an opposing faction town so that none of the NPC guards can reach you other than exploiting you can corpse camp all you like and blizz nor the police will do anything about it.

That was possibly the worst troll post I've read in years btw.

what server are you on? i suggest looking it up on wowprogress to check to horde:alliance ratio.. afaik most pvp servers are horde dominated, so with the exception of a few alli players, you shouldnt get ganked often.. thats just my personal experience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sars6588 View Post
    PvP servers are exponentially more fun than the carebear pve ones.

You can't get banned for camping someone so whoever was saying that is full of shit. The only way you get banned for camping someone is say (before flying in azeroth comes out) you glitch jump yourself ontop of a building in an opposing faction town so that none of the NPC guards can reach you other than exploiting you can corpse camp all you like and blizz nor the police will do anything about it.

That was possibly the worst troll post I've read in years btw.
    Or possibly if the corpse camping comes to the point of camping the graveyards so when they spirit rez they get camped and have to deal with rez sickness.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    There´s no such thing as ganking anymore since that thingy called flying mount.

The beginning of an expansion is probably the only time you'll actually have any fun in world pvp, even if you think you won't enjoy it, you may find it fun. If you transferred into a quality guild there shouldn't be any shortage of assistance if you're being camped or something

I can understand on corpse camping. However when a gm whispers you and says under no circumstance are you to gank anyone from this specific guild while leveling.....that is pretty retarded. I'm not here to grief someone to the point they hate the game.
    Reason why people think you are trolling is because you were making a blanket statement about what will happen to you for ganking/camping based on a situation where, as you explained yourself, a GM obviously abused their power. It was a silly thing to say. It's either you were trolling or making a joke no one else could really get because they weren't involved in the situation. With the number of trolls around you can't really blame anyone these days.